• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legwold: we have heavily scouted WRs

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard him this morning... primarily looking for a slot/returner. I dont know though ... Davis is quite frankly my fav WR this yr Western Mich was my team this year along with Clemson.

Could move Sanders inside, but WR is definitely on top and high... he mentioned Ross as well and it explains McCaffrey more... he really is a slot wr you can run out of the backfield... unlike a d johnson who is a runner who is an excellent wr... any thoughts on who we will target?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the team is really high on John Ross from what I have heard. Would not shock me if he is the pick.

Other guys they should consider would be...

Curtis Samuel--Kind of in that McCaffrey mold of can move him around and just let him go make plays
Carlos Henderson--Personal favorite of mine as he is dynamic. One of those guys that takes a screen pass 80 yards for a touchdown. Had the highest broken tackle percentage of any player in college football by almost double the next guy.
Ryan Switzer--2-time All American as a returner and showed really well as a slot guy for North Carolina this past year.
Taywan Taylor--One of the most consistent WR's in all of college football.
Dede Westbrook--pretty small even for the slot position but his combo of speed/hands is very nice
TJ Logan could double as both a RB and returner for the Bronocs
Eddie Jackson did well for Alabama as both a Safety and returner before injury
And while some of these last ones are not exactly Slot WR guys they still add depth to other positions such as Adoree' Jackson. Huge explosive player. Even tried for the Olympics and just came up short on a couple of events.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also fits our philosophy of looking two to three years down the road when we have to replace what might appear to be a strength today. But I'm most intrigued by WRs who would also fill the need of a strong punt returner.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross is dropping because of his injury concerns

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three roster needs:

1) A dynamic return man -

2) A slot receiver who presents matchup problems due to speed

3) - A TE who can play out of the slot and present matchup problems due to physicality and athleticism

Getting those there things accomplished with two roster spots in the draft makes the Broncos a higher scoring team. Big bonus if the TE and the Slot receiver can block downfield for the run game. I think we are seeing a Bronco's team designed to get short yardage up the middle and to run to the edge to make the edge rusher a tackler on his heals - rather than a Quarterback pursuer with a forward lean. Proving an ability to rush that way - will slow down the rush - and give the QB more time to release the ball - hence pass protection is improved (except in obvious situations). The Broncos need a receiver threat out of the slot to protect and free up DT and Manny Sanders for opportunities.