• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legacies will be decided

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy could be the greatest player of all time with a finals win(Kevin Durant). Stacked with future hall of famers (Draymond green, Klay Thompson, Kevin Love, Mike Dantoni). Seriously though, this is it for LBJ. Pulling it off would undoubtedly make him the greatest ever. Typing that gave me the heebie jeebies @The Oldtimer @yoga≈surfing

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy could be the greatest player of all time with a finals win(Kevin Durant). Stacked with future hall of famers (Draymond green, Klay Thompson, Kevin Love, Mike Dantoni). Seriously though, this is it for LBJ. Pulling it off would undoubtedly make him the greatest ever. Typing that gave me the heebie jeebies @The Oldtimer @yoga≈surfing
Yeah I'm not really fond of LeBron, but you have to give him credit. LeBron is only of the best to ever play the game.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK I'm usually pretty smart about jokes but I don't get this one...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron wins another title this year, his haters will scramble like cockroaches do on a turned on light.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a tweet the other night that said what he's been doing since he was 16 is unparalleled. That's probably as good of a summation about him as anything. Regardless of how this season ends, it's pretty damned tough to keep him out of the GOAT argument.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to be a LeBron rider than a MJ rider, LeBron is easily a better person.

yeah, but who really knows...?

I mean, you really don't hear anything at all about him outside of basketball, so i'll agree he does a great job of keeping his personal life on the down low...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually feel like this is the least impactful Finals on legacies in a long time.

OG Warriors proved themselves without Durant in 2015.

LeBron delivered on his promise to CLE in 2016.

Durant validated his decision in 2017.

A win for either side is gravy. A loss pales in impact compared to the victory already secured.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to be a LeBron rider than a MJ rider, LeBron is easily a better person.

Honestly, I really don't care what kind of person a player is. I don't know them, will likely never even get to meet them and even if I did, it's even more unlikely that we'd be friends.

They're paid to win basketball games, not be a moral compass.

Never liked Kobe and I think he's one of the bigger assholes to ever play. But I enjoyed the heck out of the 5 titles the Lakers won with him on the team.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually feel like this is the least impactful Finals on legacies in a long time.

A win for either side is gravy. A loss pales in impact compared to the victory already secured.

IN 2015 Lebron was missing Kyrie and Love so that win didn't validate Golden State without Durant.

All Durant validated was that he could go to a 70 win team and win a title.

If Golden State with Durant loses this series it's a huge upset.

Winning this series adds to Lebron's legend but he's already an all time great.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I really don't care what kind of person a player is. I don't know them, will likely never even get to meet them and even if I did, it's even more unlikely that we'd be friends.

They're paid to win basketball games, not be a moral compass.

Never liked Kobe and I think he's one of the bigger assholes to ever play. But I enjoyed the heck out of the 5 titles the Lakers won with him on the team.

And don't get me wrong...I love it when they do great things for their community, kids, etc.

It would have been cool to actually like the Lakers best player when Kobe was there...

But end of the day, as a fan, I'll take the asshole who wins titles over the nice guy who comes in 2nd every time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it depends.

The Cavs are currently a 10-1 underdog in these finals. I can't remember a team being that much of a dog in the finals.

If the Cavs win, that would be huge for Lebron's legacy. I'd bump him from #4 to #2 and maybe 1b in my personal GOAT ranking and many would move him to #1 in theirs.

A loss for the Cavs doesn't do much to Lebron's legacy because no one expects them to win.

On the other hand, a loss by the Warriors will hurt both the individual and team legacies quite a bit.

A win for the Warriors is expected, so it really doesn't help their legacies a whole lot, imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah pulling it out would make him the greatest without a doubt but this is like Randy Johnson trying to beat all-time great team with team of average players on offense. I just dont know how it would be possible, I have seen the impossible already being down 3-1 but without Kyrie this is the most impossible task anyone could face

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but who really knows...?

I mean, you really don't hear anything at all about him outside of basketball, so i'll agree he does a great job of keeping his personal life on the down low...

I will say it is a hell of a lot harder to keep your personal life on the down low in these days. Near impossible being a star athlete now

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends.

The Cavs are currently a 10-1 underdog in these finals. I can't remember a team being that much of a dog in the finals.

If the Cavs win, that would be huge for Lebron's legacy. I'd bump him from #4 to #2 and maybe 1b in my personal GOAT ranking and many would move him to #1 in theirs.

A loss for the Cavs doesn't do much to Lebron's legacy because no one expects them to win.

On the other hand, a loss by the Warriors will hurt both the individual and team legacies quite a bit.

A win for the Warriors is expected, so it really doesn't help their legacies a whole lot, imo.
Thank you for typing what I am so lazy to do