• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron loves Lebron and tells us Lebron would vote Lebron for MVP

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Kobe was also a self serving, conceited, and arrogant jackass.

However, he was anything but soft.
Doesn't seem to be the self-absorbed, self-promoting A hole that James is though. At least Bryant had some personality. James is a fucking beast though; I have to give him that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great player but I cannot stand him and always root for his team to lose; ever since that televised nonsense when he made his decision to go to Miami.

I thought you always rooted for the Warriors to lose?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, i dunno. seems to be a nice enough dude. and he's never tried to jack me once...

DOES peep at my wife every now and again, but i've gotten used to it...
Thats not so bad. Beats you having to peep at your wife. That's INSANITY

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has easily been the best player the last couple months, I still give it to Harden. His team might be more deserving but the pieces he has around him are MUCH better than what Lebron has.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem to be the self-absorbed, self-promoting A hole that James is though. At least Bryant had some personality. James is a fucking beast though; I have to give him that.

Kobe definitely was all of that. However, the bold in your post is the difference.

Like @tlance said about MJ, he had a charisma about him that Lebron doesn't seem to have and is, why even if MJ was playing today, he probably wouldn't get the same shade thrown his way that Lebron does.

Same with Kobe...he's every bit the self absorbed asshole that MJ and Lebron are, but has the personality to get away with a lot of it.

I think what also feeds some of the Lebron hate is that some of the stuff he does and says comes off as whining. Folks have said plenty of negative things about MJ and Kobe over the years...but neither has ever been accused of whining.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe definitely was all of that. However, the bold in your post is the difference.

Like @tlance said about MJ, he had a charisma about him that Lebron doesn't seem to have and is, why even if MJ was playing today, he probably wouldn't get the same shade thrown his way that Lebron does.

Same with Kobe...he's every bit the self absorbed asshole that MJ and Lebron are, but has the personality to get away with a lot of it.

I think what also feeds some of the Lebron hate is that some of the stuff he does and says comes off as whining. Folks have said plenty of negative things about MJ and Kobe over the years...but neither has ever been accused of whining.
As well as trying to trade himself into a winning situation rather than stay with and develop a team.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
humility

i used to see guys say "so and so deserves it" (even tho said person was the clear favorite).

not to get into this, but did MJ ever say hed vote for MJ?

Come on, MJ was the single most competitive player ever. I don't recall him ever giving props to other players, much less talking about how others deserved it more than him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as trying to trade himself into a winning situation rather than stay with and develop a team.

Stop with that already.

As has been pointed out a million times, the financial structure was different. MJ made more than the entire salary cap his last few years because the Bulls could pay him whatever they wanted. Their were no max contracts and teams with Bird rights could go over cap by as much as they wanted. Players from the 90s and before weren't nearly as loyal as people want to make them seem. They were financially incentivized to stay put. So they did.

Kobe was a different story, but you best believe he would have left if it were in his best interests. He threatened to a couple times, but was always won over in the end.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop with that already.

As has been pointed out a million times, the financial structure was different. MJ made more than the entire salary cap his last few years because the Bulls could pay him whatever they wanted. Their were no max contracts and teams with Bird rights could go over cap by as much as they wanted. Players from the 90s and before weren't nearly as loyal as people want to make them seem. They were financially incentivized to stay put. So they did.

Kobe was a different story, but you best believe he would have left if it were in his best interests. He threatened to a couple times, but was always won over in the end.

And to piggyback off of tlance's point, Lebron wanted to win titles and during his first stint in Cleveland, Cavs management didn't do much of anything to get him the necessary help.

In Kobe's case, he threatened to leave if the Lakers didn't get him the help needed, so they convinced him to stay and got him the help. The Cavs didn't do that for Lebron.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with that already.

Nonsense

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to piggyback off of tlance's point, Lebron wanted to win titles and during his first stint in Cleveland, Cavs management didn't do much of anything to get him the necessary help.

In Kobe's case, he threatened to leave if the Lakers didn't get him the help needed, so they convinced him to stay and got him the help. The Cavs didn't do that for Lebron.
There is no defending this asshole so stop trying.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to insult you by saying that but, yes that is probably a good self assessment on this argument.

To bad the assessment was about you. You literally have nothing to come back with. You are quickly entering HurricaneDij level posting. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad the assessment was about you. You literally have nothing to come back with. You are quickly entering HurricaneDij level posting. It doesn't get much worse than that.
No way. You are intelligent, not a dunce like @msgkings322. There is no way you could have thought my spot on assessment of James was inaccurate.