• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, and the Perpetual Joke NBA Free Agency Has Become

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shamet injured for the Sixers. The curse continues

Lakers made another trade for a draft pick with the Sixers today - remember when Lakersnation said that they were looking for another draft pick to sweeten the trade for Leonard? -

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was once a time in NBA history when free agency was strictly about the business of contract details and with whatever team the said player wished to spend his career with. Then, in 2010 - LeBron James happened, and this whole spectacle that is NBA free agency had become much more than that as a result. It has become more about big brands, big egos, big markets, and player collusion. Because of LeBron James.

When LeBron left Cleveland for the first time to form a superteam in Miami, it became acceptable for these self-proclaimed "star" players to throw their teammates, their coaches (looking at you, Kawhi Leonard), and even their ownership under the microscope. Because of LeBron James. It has come to be a regular occurrence in the NBA throughout this decade. Because of LeBron James.

In the current NBA, there are plenty of teams that are more well-managed than the Lakers. There were several teams more deserving of LeBron's services. But, in the end - The big market and his big business ventures were ultimately the deciding factor in his free agency this time around. At least Art Modell only left Cleveland once, and it is this that is the very reason why we as a culture keep him out of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Shame on LeBron James.

Shame on these self-righteous NBA "stars".

Now, on to my Kawhi Leonard trade idea...

San Antonio receives - Kent Bazemore, DeMarre Carroll, and a future 2022 second round draft pick (from Atlanta)

Atlanta receives - Kawhi Leonard

Brooklyn receives - Danny Green

From San Antonio's perspective: The Spurs need to be able to prove the point to Kawhi that beggars can't be choosers by forcing him to spend a year of his prime in a hapless situation in Atlanta - A team that currently is almost blatantly tanking. It is not that Bazemore is a bad player - He did shoot a career-high 39.4 percent from three this past season - It's simply a matter of him not being worth his contract. And who knows, maybe Pop could make a diamond in the rough out of him. Carroll would give San Antonio a designated LeBron defender for the upcoming season.

From Atlanta's perspective: For the Hawks, this deal would provide a bargaining opportunity. Atlanta would be off the hook for the final two years of Bazemore's contract while surrendering only a second round pick well down the road. While it is highly unlikely that Kawhi Leonard commits to them long-term, they would be given the opportunity to flip him at next February's trade deadline for more assets moving forward.

From Brooklyn's perspective: Simple salary dump. Green will earn more than $5 million less than DeMarre Carroll in the final year of their respective deals, and would instantly become a buyout candidate upon completion of this proposed deal.

LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, and the Perpetual Joke NBA Free Agency Has Become
Your trade idea is seriously DEAD ON ARRIVAL - The Spurs want more -Much more and since the season doesn't start for another two months - they can play the waiting game and see if the trade offers get any better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers made another trade for a draft pick with the Sixers today - remember when Lakersnation said that they were looking for another draft pick to sweeten the trade for Leonard? -

I think this was a move made weeks ago but couldn't report it till today. I though he was going to be a draft-and-stash guy at most.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was a move made weeks ago but couldn't report it till today. I though he was going to be a draft-and-stash guy at most.
They agreed to it several weeks ago, but the Sixers had reached their limit for receiving cash for a draft pick, so they had to wait for this season to officially begin - My point is that Magic now has that other draft pick he was wanting last month to put with a trade for Leonard.

In my fantasy world

The Lakers gets Leonard

Some other team gets Lonzo Ball and Luol Deng - to clear space for Leonard

The Spurs gets Ingram and picks and the Lakers get to keep Ingram

Please Note - I said in my fantasy trade/world

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But why would have left once Shaq was shipped off? They were a consistently top flight team and it was HIS TEAM!!
Cleveland wasn't LeBron's team?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough call, but to me Any organization Should be bigger than one man. What makes an organization great is great team work, so I for one prefer to have blessings of my boss when performing a job so that o know we are headed in the right direction.

Think of it this way. what would you do if you were in the position of hiring people that might not be nearly as trustworthy as your wife or children? I think I would want to watch the mine, but try to let then do their job. When I have ever hired people to work for, I have neve

I'm in an IT job and I don't have to get the blessings of my boss on every move that I make. I was interviewed and hired for a position based on my technical acumen, so I'm trusted to do my job.

Every competent organization with a quality owner lets people perform their jobs. You never hear of Micky Arison interfering with what Pat Riley is doing. Only time he gets involved is when he needs to be a closer. Again, Dan Gilbert giving his input and getting involved on every decision with the Cavs lead to their downfall.....again.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You talking about that Bonga deal? That was made on draft night. It just became official today

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in an IT job and I don't have to get the blessings of my boss on every move that I make. I was interviewed and hired for a position based on my technical acumen, so I'm trusted to do my job.

Every competent organization with a quality owner lets people perform their jobs. You never hear of Micky Arison interfering with what Pat Riley is doing. Only time he gets involved is when he needs to be a closer. Again, Dan Gilbert giving his input and getting involved on every decision with the Cavs lead to their downfall.....again.
I'm an insurance auditor, so my work gets reviewed over and over and the state of Ca org the Workers Compensation insurance rating bureau review 10 perce of every ones work and we only hear about it when there is an error, and I am given the toughest audits, so I understand where you're coming from. My experience in auditing companies, however is that most owners are involved in the day to day ops and overseeing things in general, but not micromanaging either. Dan Gilberts is something of a whack job, I like how Jeanie Bus manages the Lakers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my fantasy world

The Lakers gets Leonard

Some other team gets Lonzo Ball and Luol Deng - to clear space for Leonard

The Spurs gets Ingram and picks and the Lakers get to keep Ingram

Please Note - I said in my fantasy trade/world

You have some interesting fantasies.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some interesting fantasies.
It obviously has zero chance of happening now - It's been put out there that LeBron is high on Lonzo Ball and Lonzo Ball sabotaged any trade by saying he has a torn meniscus and might need surgery

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It obviously has zero chance of happening now - It's been put out there that LeBron is high on Lonzo Ball and Lonzo Ball sabotaged any trade by saying he has a torn meniscus and might need surgery

Well the part about Ingram going to the Spurs while staying at the Lakers is really unlikely.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the part about Ingram going to the Spurs while staying at the Lakers is really unlikely.
If LeBron is high on these three young players, then I think it's to the Lakers advantage to move forward - LeBron will accelerate their growth and add to their value in a shorter time and that's the worst case scenario. I am quite optimistic about the Lakers season this year

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds nuts to me but hearing that the Thunder are in discussions for Leonard for what could be a 1 year thing. Not counting Presti out but can’t fathom him pulling that off.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron is high on these three young players, then I think it's to the Lakers advantage to move forward - LeBron will accelerate their growth and add to their value in a shorter time and that's the worst case scenario. I am quite optimistic about the Lakers season this year

Which has nothing to do with the Lakers trading Ingram to the Spurs while simultaneously keeping him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds nuts to me but hearing that the Thunder are in discussions for Leonard for what could be a 1 year thing. Not counting Presti out but can’t fathom him pulling that off.

How in the world would the Thunder be able to match the salary? Give up Steven Adams?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which has nothing to do with the Lakers trading Ingram to the Spurs while simultaneously keeping him.
it has everything to do with it - If LeBron is saying he wants to play with these players and see them grow - then while Leonard is a preferred player and a premium player being the second best in the NBA, then the Lakers don't have to drain their assets to get him and they can take a chance with free agency next year. I personally believe if the Lakers wait, that the chances are better that Leonard finds another destination - Most of these players in my opinion say the Lakers, but really are just using that as an excuse to demand the trade. Either way - I think the Lakers have a good team to develop and grow and then next year they have a great chance of developing their talent and adding to it. In short Leonard is no longer the highest priority for the Lakers and they do not need to and should not give up all three of their players - unless they are able to dump the Deng contract and get Leonard as well - I still think I would do that as much as I would like to keep Kuzma

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gambled with Paul George and won - perhaps they could trade Carmelo Anthony who they don't want any way - that would be a one year rental for the Spurs, but if they could get a first round draft pick - they might prefer that to giving the Lakers Leonard.