• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, and the Perpetual Joke NBA Free Agency Has Become

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it hurt being so fucking stupid? Your Mammy must be
Disappointed in your worthless broke dick ass, ya homo
You tell me - you should know if it hurt when you fell out of your mother's ass as a big fat turd

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
78K806OHPM.gif

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was once a time in NBA history when free agency was strictly about the business of contract details and with whatever team the said player wished to spend his career with. Then, in 2010 - LeBron James happened, and this whole spectacle that is NBA free agency had become much more than that as a result. It has become more about big brands, big egos, big markets, and player collusion. Because of LeBron James.

When LeBron left Cleveland for the first time to form a superteam in Miami, it became acceptable for these self-proclaimed "star" players to throw their teammates, their coaches (looking at you, Kawhi Leonard), and even their ownership under the microscope. Because of LeBron James. It has come to be a regular occurrence in the NBA throughout this decade. Because of LeBron James.

In the current NBA, there are plenty of teams that are more well-managed than the Lakers. There were several teams more deserving of LeBron's services. But, in the end - The big market and his big business ventures were ultimately the deciding factor in his free agency this time around. At least Art Modell only left Cleveland once, and it is this that is the very reason why we as a culture keep him out of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Shame on LeBron James.

Shame on these self-righteous NBA "stars".

Now, on to my Kawhi Leonard trade idea...

San Antonio receives - Kent Bazemore, DeMarre Carroll, and a future 2022 second round draft pick (from Atlanta)

Atlanta receives - Kawhi Leonard

Brooklyn receives - Danny Green

From San Antonio's perspective: The Spurs need to be able to prove the point to Kawhi that beggars can't be choosers by forcing him to spend a year of his prime in a hapless situation in Atlanta - A team that currently is almost blatantly tanking. It is not that Bazemore is a bad player - He did shoot a career-high 39.4 percent from three this past season - It's simply a matter of him not being worth his contract. And who knows, maybe Pop could make a diamond in the rough out of him. Carroll would give San Antonio a designated LeBron defender for the upcoming season.

From Atlanta's perspective: For the Hawks, this deal would provide a bargaining opportunity. Atlanta would be off the hook for the final two years of Bazemore's contract while surrendering only a second round pick well down the road. While it is highly unlikely that Kawhi Leonard commits to them long-term, they would be given the opportunity to flip him at next February's trade deadline for more assets moving forward.

From Brooklyn's perspective: Simple salary dump. Green will earn more than $5 million less than DeMarre Carroll in the final year of their respective deals, and would instantly become a buyout candidate upon completion of this proposed deal.

LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, and the Perpetual Joke NBA Free Agency Has Become
That's why I have so much respect for Kobe, he spent his whole career with the Lakers.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that bitch to quit running around like a bitch in heat attacking everyone - It's gotten old already - I have the right to defend myself - so fuck off

No dumdum, I'm saying be FUNNY and you will win the battle. Step it up.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough call, but to me Any organization Should be bigger than one man. What makes an organization great is great team work, so I for one prefer to have blessings of my boss when performing a job so that o know we are headed in the right direction.

Think of it this way. what would you do if you were in the position of hiring people that might not be nearly as trustworthy as your wife or children? I think I would want to watch the mine, but try to let then do their job. When I have ever hired people to work for, I have neve

If you had read the details surrounding LeBron's signature move to the Lakers, then you would know that LeBron's camp had the plan in mind that he would like to surround himself with some other players that can create their own shot and take some of the stress off of him because HE UNDERSTANDS THAT HE CAN'T CONTIUE DOING IT FOREVER. Magic Johnson, however presented LeBron with the vision Magic has and LeBron signed off on it. Magic's vision is to put LeBron back into the forward position doing less and put players around him that can play defense, create their shot and move the ball so that LeBron no longer has to do everything - Magic had a completely different idea which I cannot do justice in describing - so while some of you in here are blaming LeBron for trying to do to much - LeBron knows that already and he likes Magic's vision.

I'm sure there's a plan and I'm not doubting that that he's a great player but the point being is that he's been a "what are you going to do for me" type of guy since he was a teenager. They had that team that should have been nurfed after getting demolished by the Spurs but they extended some players for way more than they were worth because they were worried about what he would think. Just can't take a step backwards even when cutting some bait to get payroll under control for a real contributor a year down the road and a better draft pick on top of it would make the most sense.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there's a plan and I'm not doubting that that he's a great player but the point being is that he's been a "what are you going to do for me" type of guy since he was a teenager. They had that team that should have been nurfed after getting demolished by the Spurs but they extended some players for way more than they were worth because they were worried about what he would think. Just can't take a step backwards even when cutting some bait to get payroll under control for a real contributor a year down the road and a better draft pick on top of it would make the most sense.
Either way - I don't think the Warriors are going to be beat next year if Cousins and everyone is 100% - but the entire season is yet to be played. I do like the direction that LeBron is taking though with his career - my thought from the beginning was that for LeBron to come to the Lakers, he needs to be sold on taking on less responsibility in the future and so far it appears that is the direction they are taking- I am happy for now just to be in the playoffs and would be quite happy to see the Lakers make it to the Western Conference Finals - that would be a nice return for them

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way - I don't think the Warriors are going to be beat next year if Cousins and everyone is 100% - but the entire season is yet to be played. I do like the direction that LeBron is taking though with his career - my thought from the beginning was that for LeBron to come to the Lakers, he needs to be sold on taking on less responsibility in the future and so far it appears that is the direction they are taking- I am happy for now just to be in the playoffs and would be quite happy to see the Lakers make it to the Western Conference Finals - that would be a nice return for them

Either the Lakers are signing Capela this year or Cousins (if he's 100%) is going to be wearing a Lakers uniform next year. #1 priority of the Lakers this season is to develop Ball. His shot is broken obviously and his dad put him in a ridiculous situation but bottom line is he has a ton of potential. He had no problem draining shots with fucked up form against lesser talent. I don't see the reason why he couldn't work on it and shoot a respectable percentage with proper fundamentals.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either the Lakers are signing Capela this year or Cousins (if he's 100%) is going to be wearing a Lakers uniform next year. #1 priority of the Lakers this season is to develop Ball. His shot is broken obviously and his dad put him in a ridiculous situation but bottom line is he has a ton of potential. He had no problem draining shots with fucked up form against lesser talent. I don't see the reason why he couldn't work on it and shoot a respectable percentage with proper fundamentals.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers trade Lonzo Ball - but if LeBron is happy with them keeping Ball, Ingram and Kuzma - I would consider that a good thing - Rumor now is that Lillard might want out of Portland - That would be a good second option

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him re-signing every time he was up for free agency probably had a little something to do with it too.

Sure. But why would have left once Shaq was shipped off? They were a consistently top flight team and it was HIS TEAM!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But why would have left once Shaq was shipped off? They were a consistently top flight team and it was HIS TEAM!!

And?

I mean, I'm not even sure what the point was of your post.

Anytime a player spends his career playing for one team it's because both the team and the player made decisions along the way to keep that player on the team.