• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron James FA list released

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ your infatuation with Simmons and Embiid.

It has long been reported that LeBron won't sign with a rebuilding team, and Philly certainly qualifies with Fultz being such an unknown commodity. At least in Cleveland he's the undisputed #1 priority in the organization. The only scenario I would see for LeBron ending up in Philly would be if his relationship with Dan Gilbert is so strained to the point where a separation is absolutely necessary.

LOL at your inability to be objective and see the big picture.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has long been reported that LeBron won't sign with a rebuilding team,

According to what's been reported, there are 4 teams on Lebron's list.

The Cavs, Lakers, Sixers and Rockets.

If he goes to Lakers or Sixers, he will be bringing another max guy with him. Thus, they will no longer be rebuilding.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that he HAS to deny it, right?

If he confirms it, it's all he's going to be asked about and all anyone will be talking about. It will be a distraction for his team because they'll be asked about it too.

That, or it's just you pinning your hopes that it's true for the simple fact that it's the only way your team will be relevant again/

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, or it's just you pinning your hopes that it's true for the simple fact that it's the only way your team will be relevant again/

Lol. I don't really care if Lebron comes to the Lakers or not.

Unlike the Pacers and Nuggets, the Lakers will relevant again soon enough.

Btw, the Pacers and Nuggets each have zero chance of winning a title. So, they're not exactly relevant either.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at your inability to be objective and see the big picture.

So basically, because I'm supposed to believe that only teams with what you personally label as "superstar" players have a chance to win, yet think otherwise...Means I'm not thinking objectively.

OK, then.

And you claim to be a basketball coach in real life...I just wonder what you teach your so-called players if you don't think they have a chance without that so-called "superstar" player.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft lottery will determine a lot of things. If that Brooklyn pick ends up winning the lottery, for instance, he 100% ain't going anywhere.

Draft picks don't usually start reaching their potential until about year 3. And that's if that pick pans out.

Lebron will be 36/37 by the time that happens. No one knows what he'll do, but a lottery pick isn't going to be the factor that keeps Lebron in town.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure. :whistle:

I don't and have said this since the Lebron to the Lakers rumors started.

Obviously, I'd be glad if they got him...he's the best player in the world. But, I'm not expecting him to come to the Lakers.

The Lakers are headed in the right direction whether Lebron joins them or not. Him joining the Lakers would just speed things up.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has long been reported that LeBron won't sign with a rebuilding team, and Philly certainly qualifies with Fultz being such an unknown commodity. At least in Cleveland he's the undisputed #1 priority in the organization. The only scenario I would see for LeBron ending up in Philly would be if his relationship with Dan Gilbert is so strained to the point where a separation is absolutely necessary.

Lebron hates Dan Gilbert. You don't have to have inside sources to figure that out.

Embiid has stayed healthy and Simmons looks like he's going to be a really good player. The 76ers are actually starting to look like a really good team that can fit Lebron and his $35 mil max contract without giving anything up (would have to renounce Reddick's bird rights though).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, because I'm supposed to believe that only teams with what you personally label as "superstar" players have a chance to win, yet think otherwise...Means I'm not thinking objectively.

OK, then.

And you claim to be a basketball coach in real life...I just wonder what you teach your so-called players if you don't think they have a chance without that so-called "superstar" player.

It's kind of proven that more often than not, the more talented teams always win. The only teams that weren't stacked with talent in the last 20 years were the 2011 Mavs whom (had Jason Kidd (past his prime) and Dirk (who's one of five/six players to score over 30,000 points)) and the 2004 Pistons that had one of the most balanced starting lineups with Billups, Rip, Prince, and

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no idea where Lebron is going to go but to call the Sixers a rebuilding team is.... odd.

There are likely going to be a 45+ win team with their 2 best players being effectively rookies. Arguing that they are a rebuilding team because their No. 1 pick this year, who hasn't played any games, is still unknown is just strange.

If I were forced to put some odds on it I would put the odds at something like this.

3-2 - Stays in Cleveland
2-1 - Goes to the Lakers
4 - 1 - Goes to the Sixers
8 - 1 - Goes to the Rockets
15-1 - goes anywhere else.

I'm tempted to throw some odds up for the Spurs but I think it is just a tad too unlikely to warrant that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This'll come as a shock, but I'm actually inclined to agree...

That doesn't come as a shock to me. I think you would take the Zodiac killer over Lebron. And he's probably 75 years old.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea where Lebron is going to go but to call the Sixers a rebuilding team is.... odd.

There are likely going to be a 45+ win team with their 2 best players being effectively rookies. Arguing that they are a rebuilding team because their No. 1 pick this year, who hasn't played any games, is still unknown is just strange.

If I were forced to put some odds on it I would put the odds at something like this.

3-2 - Stays in Cleveland
2-1 - Goes to the Lakers
4 - 1 - Goes to the Sixers
8 - 1 - Goes to the Rockets
15-1 - goes anywhere else.

I'm tempted to throw some odds up for the Spurs but I think it is just a tad too unlikely to warrant that.

Maybe "rebuilding" is too strong a word. I will say that they are still in "building" phase, and that LeBron would not be as much a priority to their franchise as their young talent is. Whereas is Cleveland, he's the undisputed priority of that franchise, for he has already led them to a championship and are "his team".

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell, but I am betting he moves on. I just don't think there is enough to keep him in Cleveland long term given his other options.

One thing we know about LeBron, he isn't staying just for the sake of staying.
He's staying.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe "rebuilding" is too strong a word. I will say that they are still in "building" phase, and that LeBron would not be as much a priority to their franchise as their young talent is. Whereas is Cleveland, he's the undisputed priority of that franchise, for he has already led them to a championship and are "his team".

I doubt that Lebron cares whether he is treated as the No 1 priority at this point in his career. I suspect he cares a whole heck of a lot more about what team gives him the best chance of winning a title.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, then.

You can believe what you want. I rely on data.

Since 1980, there has been exactly 1 Team to win a title without a legit superstar caliber top 5 overall player.

As for what I teach my players? I am realistic with them too. I teach them to use basketball as a tool to help them get places in life. Learn life skills teamwork and work ethic. Take the game as far as you possibly can and hopefully get college paid for in the process.

I also teach them that wins and losses don't define them. They need to have a growth mindset and make the most of what they can with what they got.

Our team this year did okay but had no chance to win a state title. We lost to the eventual state champ by 28. We never talked explicitly about winning the championship because it wasn't a realistic goal for us. That doesn't mean we rolled over when we played top teams either. We gave it everything we had, we just weren't on the same level.

Much like the Pacers aren't on the same as the elite teams in the NBA. There is no shame in it, but it is the truth.