• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Lebron James and his all time ranking

Where does Lebron James Rank all time in NBA history?

• Best NBA player of all time, hands down

• He's top 1 or 2..not sure which

• He's top 5

• He's outside the top 5 all time, but in the top 10

• Put some Sprite in that potato salad

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And too many folks wanna tear him down like he ain't shit.

I know people don't like the guy, but to me he's more likeable than MJ. He's flawed but he's a good person, not a total dick like Mike. And we are watching one of the all time dominant greats in real time, it's exactly like watching MJ dominate for so long.

He's the most polarizing superstar ever and that includes Kobe. Just don't get the hate.

and his make-up as a man is softer than MJ OR Kobe. I don't get the dick riding...

btw, i DID say skillwise he was top 5. just imo to constantly drool all over the guy's jock...

"good person", huh? we know this how...?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assuming the Warriors couldn't is a mistake. There has never been a greater collection of talent and the pieces fit together seemlessly. I don't care who's rules you play by, I am taking the warriors.

I can understand some won't agree, but the '17 Warriors are the greatest team ever IMO, and it isn't that close. I can maybe understand taking the Bulls over the '17 Warriors, but any of their opponents? Cmon man. That is ridiculous. Hand checking doesn't make that much difference.

lol @thinking hand checking is the only difference. It was a different game in the 90's. Much more physical. The Warriors simply aren't built for that style of play.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe did. But for much better reasons.

MJ did not. Not even close.

MJ got a ton of hate. Only difference is this was before the internet-era so it wasn't so noticeable. But people still hated him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @thinking hand checking is the only difference. It was a different game in the 90's. Much more physical. The Warriors simply aren't built for that style of play.

Teams from the 90s were not built to stop the Warriors either. It works both ways. And the Warriors are simply much better.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"good person", huh? we know this how...?
^^^THIS^^^

I never understand when people start talking about these athletes' off the court like they know them personally.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams from the 90s were not built to stop the Warriors either. It works both ways. And the Warriors are simply much better.

No, it doesn't work both ways. You know this. The reason the Bad Boys Pistons were successful was they played a physical style that other teams couldn't match initially. Then other teams started matching it and we got the bloodbath that was the 90's.

The Warriors are built for finesse. They would get physically beaten up. The physical game of the 90's would negate the finesse of the current Warriors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't work both ways. You know this. The reason the Bad Boys Pistons were successful was they played a physical style that other teams couldn't match initially. Then other teams started matching it and we got the bloodbath that was the 90's.

The Warriors are built for finesse. They would get physically beaten up. The physical game of the 90's would negate the finesse of the current Warriors.

I disagree 100%.

The Pistons never faced the spread em out offenses like GS. GS aid so skilled they would absolutely barbecue the big slow thuggish squads from the 90s. The main reason that style was so successful was because every team in that era still played inside out. It would not be as effective when you have to defend 1-5 from 28 feet.

Not to mention, the Warriors could thug it up with the best of em. Green and Pachulia are considered 2 of the dirtiest players in the league today. West is as tough as they come and would go toe to toe with the biggest, nastiest 90s enforcer.

You are assuming the Warriors couldn't simply because they don't have to now. That is a mistake. They are historically great. It would be harder for those teams to adjust for the Warriors than it would be for the Warriors to adjust to them because they have talent on their side.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One more point.

The bloodbath was in the East. The West was an entirely different style of basketball, one that the Warriors would have easily dominated. The only top West team from that era that played anything close to that was Utah, and they really were not equipped to match up with a team like GS.

GS would have dominated the West back then just like they do now. But, they would have a far greater challenge waiting in the Finals. THAT would have been a truly epic matchup.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DirtDirtDirt

im curious of your thoughts on the results of this poll.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons never faced the spread em out offenses like GS.

The Showtime Lakers say Hi.

They weren't as spread them out as the current Warriors, but they were the closest to it and had to change their style to get past the Pistons the first time. They were able to do it because, while they were still pretty much a finesse team, they had learned from the Celtics how to ramp up the physicality and had guys big enough and strong enough to do it.

The Warriors don't have that. It's hard to spread the floor when you're being hand checked, grabbed, bumped off your spot and knocked down every time you drive to the basket.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bloodbath was in the East. The West was an entirely different style of basketball, one that the Warriors would have easily dominated.

Uh, no it wasn't. It wasn't as physical as the East, but it was far more physical than it is today.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^THIS^^^

I never understand when people start talking about these athletes' off the court like they know them personally.

Actually in today's world with Twitter and Instagram and talk shows and movie appearances, we do get a pretty good sense of these guys' personalities. I like how LeBron comes across, I like his game, I like his pop culture appearances, I like knowing I'm watching all time talent in his prime.

The only thing I can think of that causes all the hate is The Decision, which was stupid and short sighted but it wasn't quasi-raping a girl and it wasn't evil just misguided and tone deaf. And he came back to Cleveland and won a title so the parties that should be the most 'hurt' by it should be over it now.

This is all just opinions of course, you can hate or love who you want to, but some differing opinions I understand and respect, this one baffles me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Showtime Lakers say Hi.

They weren't as spread them out as the current Warriors, but they were the closest to it and had to change their style to get past the Pistons the first time. They were able to do it because, while they were still pretty much a finesse team, they had learned from the Celtics how to ramp up the physicality and had guys big enough and strong enough to do it.

The Warriors don't have that. It's hard to spread the floor when you're being hand checked, grabbed, bumped off your spot and knocked down every time you drive to the basket.

The Lakers were not a spread offense at all. Not even close.

They had a traditional post up 5, and while skilled, their 4s were not perimeter players. Heck, even Worthy would be a 4 in today's NBA.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron had not faced any teams like the Celtics and Pistons?

I hope you are talking about in the East.

But, the flip side, like we have said before is that none of the teams MJ faced in the Finals were nearly as good as the Spur teams, let alone the last 2 Warrior squads.

The thing is didnt MJ get beat 3 or 4 years in a row by those Pistons teams and one more by the C's team lolllll. And yes I agree, the Finals teams MJ face arent even close to the Finals teams Lebron has faced, especially the last 3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually in today's world with Twitter and Instagram and talk shows and movie appearances, we do get a pretty good sense of these guys' personalities. I like how LeBron comes across, I like his game, I like his pop culture appearances, I like knowing I'm watching all time talent in his prime.

The only thing I can think of that causes all the hate is The Decision, which was stupid and short sighted but it wasn't quasi-raping a girl and it wasn't evil just misguided and tone deaf. And he came back to Cleveland and won a title so the parties that should be the most 'hurt' by it should be over it now.

This is all just opinions of course, you can hate or love who you want to, but some differing opinions I understand and respect, this one baffles me.
Well what baffles me is that you think you know someone because you get glimpses of them via social media. As if the real person they are is always displayed. One would have to know that's usually a representative of who they are because their brand depends on it. I highly doubt a person like LBJ is going to purposely air their dirty laundry & expect the public to love him for it. As would be the case on a talk show and more especially in movies. Hence their talent is acting.

I don't have a problem one way or the other how people feel. My problem is when people talk matter-of-factly about these athletes like they know them personally. That shouldn't baffle anyone.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what baffles me is that you think you know someone because you get glimpses of them via social media. As if the real person they are is always displayed. One would have to know that's usually a representative of who they are because their brand depends on it. I highly doubt a person like LBJ is going to purposely air their dirty laundry & expect the public to love him for it. As would be the case on a talk show and more especially in movies. Hence their talent is acting.

I don't have a problem one way or the other how people feel. My problem is when people talk matter-of-factly about these athletes like they know them personally. That shouldn't baffle anyone.

Sorry to upset you. I guess I should say the persona I perceive LeBron to have is an appealing one, moreso than the persona I perceive of MJ and Kobe and others. I also do not understand why the persona LeBron haters perceive bothers them so much.

Or I could just say we are talking shit on an anonymous sports board and precision just isn't that important.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to upset you. I guess I should say the persona I perceive LeBron to have is an appealing one, moreso than the persona I perceive of MJ and Kobe and others. I also do not understand why the persona LeBron haters perceive bothers them so much.

Or I could just say we are talking shit on an anonymous sports board and precision just isn't that important.

ok, so you perceive him to be a "good guy"...

i'm ok with that...

i perceive him to be self-centered, arrogant, and egotistical...

that perception comes from more than just "the Decision"...

is what it is, i guess...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'm ok with that...

Like almost everything :suds:

Those adjectives for LeBron, don't they apply to a lot of players you don't hate?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would you think I'm upset? You quoted my post & I responded. But you were the one to say you were baffled that someone has a differing opinion than yours. I'm thinking that would be normal on an anonymous sports board, wouldn't you?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'm ok with that...

Now those opinions I would assume are based on things he has actually said and/or did (there are many instances that can be used as examples). So, I can understand your perspective.