• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron excuse thread 2018 version

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a) Had crap supporting cast
b) Broke his hand

I'm sure his fanbois will give us plenty more....

and...

GO!!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c) played in every game this season
d) played a ton of minutes

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he need an excuse for losing to the Warriors?

He dragged a crappy team further than anybody else would have and he lost to an all time great team. Everyone knew the Warriors were winning this series in 5 or less.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E) he legit got hair paint in his eyes last night. You can't expect him to shoot well when that happens!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still confused on if OD is a LeBron supporter or hater. His posts are like half and half.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he need an excuse for losing to the Warriors?

He dragged a crappy team further than anybody else would have and he lost to an all time great team. Everyone knew the Warriors were winning this series in 5 or less.

Getting swept? Sorry, you can't call your self the king and not be able to win at least 1 game.
Not to mention he straight up quit in game 4.

And lets not forget ...Lebron IS THE REASON THEY HAD A CRAPPY TEAM!
You can live in denial about this all you want. Irving left the Cavs because Lebron is a jerk off to his teammates.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting swept? Sorry, you can't call your self the king and not be able to win at least 1 game.
Not to mention he straight up quit in game 4.

And lets not forget ...Lebron IS THE REASON THEY HAD A CRAPPY TEAM!
You can live in denial about this all you want. Irving left the Cavs because Lebron is a jerk off to his teammates.

Are you sure about that?

Kyrie left because he wanted to be the man and didn't want to play in LeBron's shadow. So yeah. I guess it is LeBron's fault that he is too good. But Kyrie was the one to blame for that relationship not working. LeBron gave him the spotlight and always praised the hell out of Kyrie.

And basketball is a team game. The Warriors are great. They would have beat Cleveland in 5 again if Kyrie were there.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got fouled 40 times a game (as evidenced by his 40 temper tantrums per game)

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure about that?

Kyrie left because he wanted to be the man and didn't want to play in LeBron's shadow. So yeah. I guess it is LeBron's fault that he is too good. But Kyrie was the one to blame for that relationship not working. LeBron gave him the spotlight and always praised the hell out of Kyrie.

And basketball is a team game. The Warriors are great. They would have beat Cleveland in 5 again if Kyrie were there.

Lebron made it crystal clear how he saw Irving with his comments below.

The Cavs was Irving's team before Lebron came back. He was a top 10 player in the league or very close to it.
Looking at it in that context ...Lebron's comments are some of the most condescending you could possibly make about the guy.

Lebron:

“I tried to do whatever I could do to help the kid out and be the best player he could be. Tried to help him be a better leader, be a better scorer, a better floor general, a better defender, a better passer, getting guys involved, a better leader vocally,” James said. “I tried to give him everything and give him as much of the DNA as I could.”

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs was Irving's team before Lebron came back. He was a top 10 player in the league or very close to it.

They also were a 33 win team before Lebron came back. There is no question that the Cs were Kyrie's team and they were going to be built around him.

When Lebron decided to return, all of that changed. What also changed, however, was the trajectory of the Cavs development and also the trajectory of Kyries development. I think it's safe to say that, if Lebron doesn't return to Cleveland, the Cavs and Kyrie are minus 4 finals trips (3 for Kyrie) and 1 ring.

Looking at it in that context ...Lebron's comments are some of the most condescending you could possibly make about the guy.

Lebron:

“I tried to do whatever I could do to help the kid out and be the best player he could be. Tried to help him be a better leader, be a better scorer, a better floor general, a better defender, a better passer, getting guys involved, a better leader vocally,” James said. “I tried to give him everything and give him as much of the DNA as I could.”

I agree that this can be seen as condescending...however, this is also what veteran stars like Lebron are supposed to do for/with younger stars like Kyrie.

It's no different than a manager or higher up at a regular job, taking a young hotshot under their wing and grooming them to be their replacement.

Lebron was attempting to groom Kyrie to be his replacement and hopefully keep the Cavs in the hunt after Lebron retired or moved on. Kyrie just wasn't willing to be patient.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also were a 33 win team before Lebron came back. There is no question that the Cs were Kyrie's team and they were going to be built around him.

When Lebron decided to return, all of that changed. What also changed, however, was the trajectory of the Cavs development and also the trajectory of Kyries development. I think it's safe to say that, if Lebron doesn't return to Cleveland, the Cavs and Kyrie are minus 4 finals trips (3 for Kyrie) and 1 ring.

I agree that this can be seen as condescending...however, this is also what veteran stars like Lebron are supposed to do for/with younger stars like Kyrie.

It's no different than a manager or higher up at a regular job, taking a young hotshot under their wing and grooming them to be their replacement.

Lebron was attempting to groom Kyrie to be his replacement and hopefully keep the Cavs in the hunt after Lebron retired or moved on. Kyrie just wasn't willing to be patient.

Yep.

And LeBron is somewhat guilty of not realizing that Kyrie didn't want him as a mentor.

That said, Kyrie is a damn fool for rejecting LeBron's mentorship. Most young players would kill for that opportunity.

@R.J. MacReady claims LeBron's comments were condescending, they weren't. Kyrie was self aware enough to know that he was never going to be the man playing with LeBron, so he asked to be traded because being the man is more important than winning to him.

Kyrie got lucky and landed in a place where he can do both, but we shall see how long that lasts.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

And LeBron is somewhat guilty of not realizing that Kyrie didn't want him as a mentor.

That said, Kyrie is a damn fool for rejecting LeBron's mentorship. Most young players would kill for that opportunity.

@R.J. MacReady claims LeBron's comments were condescending, they weren't. Kyrie was self aware enough to know that he was never going to be the man playing with LeBron, so he asked to be traded because being the man is more important than winning to him.

Kyrie got lucky and landed in a place where he can do both, but we shall see how long that lasts.

So you are saying the Irving should have been happy to be Scotty Pippen?
His legacy would be that he could do nothing without Lebron?

A great young talent should never prove to himself, his team & fans that he could lead a team of his own to a Championship? Especially after he won one under someone's shadow?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "broken hand" that he didn't wear a cast over until getting EMBARRASSED in another Game 4 sweep caused him not to play Defense all season

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trollin' ass Skip...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was his reasoning for being a little b7tch and storming off the court when they lost?

IN before, "yes I know he "congratulated" the players on the court when he left

I'm not buying that broken hand crap either.... The eye, I could see but not the hand....

I'm not a hater of his game because he is tremendous but he couldn't do it and lost... Not sure why every time down the court he just didn't drive the lane and score

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was his reasoning for being a little b7tch and storming off the court when they lost?

IN before, "yes I know he "congratulated" the players on the court when he left

Yeah, that was a bad look. Sure, he congratulated the Warriors on the court as he left, but that's no excuse for not staying on the court and congratulating the whole team, coaches, etc.

I'm not buying that broken hand crap either.... The eye, I could see but not the hand....

I'm not a hater of his game because he is tremendous but he couldn't do it and lost... Not sure why every time down the court he just didn't drive the lane and score

I think it's legit. I think he just handled the release of the information pretty poorly. He should have let Windhorst or someone release it. Then he could say "It's not an excuse and I don't want to take anything away from the Warriors winning."

As for driving to the basket every time. He's an athletic freak, but even he wears down. Plus he'd be trading 2's for 3's for good chunks of the game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was a bad look. Sure, he congratulated the Warriors on the court as he left, but that's no excuse for not staying on the court and congratulating the whole team, coaches, etc.

I think it's legit. I think he just handled the release of the information pretty poorly. He should have let Windhorst or someone release it. Then he could say "It's not an excuse and I don't want to take anything away from the Warriors winning."

As for driving to the basket every time. He's an athletic freak, but even he wears down. Plus he'd be trading 2's for 3's for good chunks of the game.

Sure was a bad look. Made him look like a whinny b^tch. Yeah he wears down but i mean there were plenty of times when he wasn't worn down and didn't do it and passed to a teammate who had no business shooting