• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leading Scorer for Each Team in 2014-5

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be all that surprised if TT has more points then Gabs, kid has got "it" and will probably spend the season with Carter. Not saying it will happen but its not as unrealistic as you make it sound

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runners-up: Carter and Tyler Toffoli, who had 29 points in 62 games last season, will round out the top three.

I think Carter for sure will be second, and while I think Toffoli really turned it on in the playoffs (let's not forget he looked pretty bad almost all season long) we have to remember that a) Dustin Brown had a complete shithole of a season and b) Richards got a good talking to by Dumbo and I expect him to be conditioned better and thus play better and thus put up more points.

I think both those guys will outscore Toffoli (if Richards isn't anchoring the 4th line like he was but see my comment above), but he will possibly be in the top 5. Counting Williams and Doughty, I would say between 5th - 7th on the team.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be all that surprised if TT has more points then Gabs, kid has got "it" and will probably spend the season with Carter. Not saying it will happen but its not as unrealistic as you make it sound

Re: Toffoli--I wasn't talking about his ability. Don't forget his average time on ice during playoffs was only 13:18, the only forwards with lower TOI were Lewis, Pearson, Clifford, Nolan. Toffoli ATOI during regular season was 12:58.

Gaborik ATOI in playoffs 17:46, during season 17:42

Need to be on the ice more to score more was my point and no way Toffoli will be on the ice more than Gaborik

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been a few seasons since Gabs has played most every game in a season and he rarely comes close to that. I want Gabs to get a ton of points as much as anyone but I have to wonder how much the Kings style of play will wear him down. I think TT is going to really break out this season and you will see his TOI move upwards toward Carters instead of the 3rd line minutes you mention. All speculation of course but if he is slated to play with Carter his TOI will go up

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the second line will be really dependent on how Richards comes into camp. He has generally been there until last season and the end of 2012-13.

If he comes into camp in better shape as he promised, it's going to be interesting to see what they do with Carter. His move to 2C really spread the lines out well, and Richards may have stunk but was an exceptionally good 4C, but if Richards returns to second line material form I can't see Toffolli getting a shot there because of the veteran status as well as how Richards and Carter have been mainstays on a line together almost their entire careers whether that be here or Philadelphia.

I think a line of Carter/Richards/Pearson or Toffoli (W/C/W) would be pretty damn good with either one of the kids on that line.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to see TT and Pearson on the same line. They seemed to have good chemistry together and I would like to see that develop for the future