• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LCA-New Wings Home

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally had the opportunity to make it to the LCA for a Wings game.

Outside the arena, nice open with the restaurants, nothing developed in that portion of town yet, so it's over priced food/drinks or nothing. Went the Kid Rocks, 2 Burger, 2 fries, 2 softdrinks, 40 bucks without the tip.
Hard to tell the appearance, it was snowing like hell. I'll give it a B.

Interior, nice to enter through the restaurant, lower section nice, some things to see, work still in progress, and not much to look at, still give it an A-.

Upper section about the same, a lot of open wasted space, but potential. I'll give it a B.

Arena, Bright and setting is tall, over the surface not overly impressed. for all the hype ...nea. a C

Seating, bullshit, crap and you cannot see the entire arena from the upper bowl because of the stupid-assed gondola design. I'm sure the lower bowl it pretty good, but upper of the upper bowl should be sold as obstructed view at best. At $70 bucks a seat, the Ilitches can fuck off!!! I'll give that area a big fat D.

They totally missed the fucking mark with this place, too bad, overall C----. Here is a optimistic view of the arena from the upper sections. It's like looking down into a tunnel, can't see the big screen.

So if anyone purchases tickets in the upper bowl, avoid purchasing above row 5 in sections 208-215 and sections 223-230, you will not like the view, I didn't at all.

Wingingit.

upload_2017-12-14_20-12-41.png

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went the Kid Rocks, 2 Burger, 2 fries, 2 softdrinks, 40 bucks without the tip
View attachment 171044

Burgers are not the way to go at that place.

(screams) You want the.... fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish... fish... stew!

Thanks for the review, @Wingingit. Unfortunate about the view. The Redskins' stadium has that kind of blocked upper view in some of the lower seats and I absolutely hated it. It does make you feel like you're in a tunnel. Takes away from some of the enjoyment of being at a live game (especially when you are inevitably distracted by the monitors).

The seating seems really steep - is it?

img-7548jpg-4a5542e4e2790b2d.jpg

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the seating is very steep, if anyone has a fear of heights, good luck!!!

The angle is so severe that if anyone below you sits forward in their seat even a little, they block your view.

I just think for all the complaints about the Joe and all the nice new arenas built around the league, lessons learned etc. etc. The Ilitches would have come up with something better than that.

JMHO!!