• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ 1a KD 1b

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KDs support cast is much better this year, they may even want to move Westbrook for a top center if KD won't kill them for it.

LBJ had more points on less shots including a ton of his shittier than ever 3p shooting this season and KD's nomral 3p efficiency on 4 more than his average shots.

LBJ is the better player and yes better scorer but it is closer than it has ever been.

KD wins MVP, face MIA in the Finals with or with out Westbrook and probably win.

*Consolidating some of my other thread posts to a KD vs LBJ thread. Yes another one.

**KD twice the douche LBJ is giving 100% of the credit to god, come on man, even in the good book god helps those who help themselves.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is the best scorer in the league, trying to argue anything else is just dumb.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if efficiency matters.

Yo really think Melo was the best scorer last year?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was -17 tonight.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if efficiency matters.

Yo really think Melo was the best scorer last year?

efficiency eh?

courtesy ESPN yesterday Durant is averaging 1.58 points per shot.

Only 1 other player has ever got over 1.5.

How is that for efficient?

He is the better scorer and it isn't even close. Look how often he just cans jumpers in players eyes, including LeBron all game.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc +/- stat

That is a laughable barometer at best when weighting a players worth, especially in a vacuumed situation consisting of 1 game.

For starters there are 9 outside factors to determine a +/- for a single player in a game. If you are comparing 2 players just in the same game and only the same lineups there are only 8 outside factors. Then you add in all the different rotations for the endless number of lineups which is an exponential number of outside factors and you can start to see that the +/- number is really just a testament to how much stronger one players support cast is over another.

Also you solely said scoring and arguing anything else is "just dumb".

If we compare their efficiencies you have a much better argument saying that KD is the more efficient player rather than better scorer. KD's PER is 2.4 pts higher and his points are 4.2 pts higher per 36 but LBJ is shooting 6.9% better overall while sucking balls from 3p. Just because a player takes more shots does not mean they are the better scorer. #Melo

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
efficiency eh?

He is the better scorer and it isn't even close. Look how often he just cans jumpers in players eyes, including LeBron all game.

FTs are something I did not consider...scoring edge KD.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc +/- stat

That is a laughable barometer at best when weighting a players worth, especially in a vacuumed situation consisting of 1 game.

For starters there are 9 outside factors to determine a +/- for a single player in a game. If you are comparing 2 players just in the same game and only the same lineups there are only 8 outside factors. Then you add in all the different rotations for the endless number of lineups which is an exponential number of outside factors and you can start to see that the +/- number is really just a testament to how much stronger one players support cast is over another.

Also you solely said scoring and arguing anything else is "just dumb".

If we compare their efficiencies you have a much better argument saying that KD is the more efficient player rather than better scorer. KD's PER is 2.4 pts higher and his points are 4.2 pts higher per 36 but LBJ is shooting 6.9% better overall while sucking balls from 3p. Just because a player takes more shots does not mean they are the better scorer. #Melo

Are you seriously still here after getting completely owned about your efficiency comment? 2nd guy in HISTORY to be that efficient.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
efficiency eh?

yea the other guy averaging 1.58 points per shot is lebron... not exactly the argument you want to make.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 GREAT players, nice that people finally realize they need to be talked about together.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously still here after getting completely owned about your efficiency comment? 2nd guy in HISTORY to be that efficient.

That entire post about your +/- stat...but didn't you retract your eff talk as well?

2 GREAT players, nice that people finally realize they need to be talked about together.

1st and foremost :suds:

This is the 1st year it has EVER been this CLOSE though. I still think LBJ is the better overall player, I always thought that players get way too much credit for their support staff, I believe I had posted that I think KD is the better player earlier tonight is how close it is and that margin that I think LBJ is better than KD is so small I do not have an abundance to say to people who think LD is better*.

*Not like I do who say that because melo won the scoring title he is the best scorer in the league, that is farther up the OMFG AreUSERIUS than +/- stats :D

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea the other guy averaging 1.58 points per shot is lebron... not exactly the argument you want to make.

What a great stat, something I will have to bring up is that KD is getting that many PPS with getting 2.2 more FT attempts per 36 minutes also while shooting 12.8% better on FT attempts.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great stat, something I will have to bring up is that KD is getting that many PPS with getting 2.2 more FT attempts per 36 minutes also while shooting 12.8% better on FT attempts.

That's a result of Lebron's size and being able to get to the rim at will. Honestly he should be driving all the time.

Durant takes a lot of jumpers and 3s. That's where his points come from.

But back to that stat. Tim Legler clearly hit the bottle before going on the air because according to him it was only Durant and Adrian Dantley.

So, next time I will research that idiots "facts". My b.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose, Miami is done after this season.

Everyone is happy about it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mr. Hockey

I do think LBJs size works against him when getting fouls called, when you see what defenders have to do to prevent the and 1 and he still gets it (Diaw the other night) and watch what gets called as a fould against KDs slight figure (I would put money that I could bench and do more pullups than him @5' 10" and 175lbs not even close if a % of body weight is factored in)

KD is getting 31.2 pts per game, 8.9 of that is from FTs.

And back to the stat for me :D, always be careful of TMZPN stats and televised ones, they leave a lot out. Dwight Howard is also earning 1.58 points per shot this year.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pariah We will see, I am a LBJ fan first so I really hope he leaves MIA to a team ready to win, any top 5 West team with him is better than what he is with the best MIA team over the last 4 years.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pariah We will see, I am a LBJ fan first so I really hope he leaves MIA to a team ready to win, any top 5 West team with him is better than what he is with the best MIA team over the last 4 years.

Um........the Heat have finished no worse than 2nd in the Easter conference regarding seeding. No worse than a .600 winning percentage in the regular season. They even came close to breaking the Lakers record of winning consecutive games of 33 with 27 last year. This is how the Heat have finished in his first 3 seasons in Miami.

2011: Lost in NBA Finals in 6
2012: Won NBA Finals in 5
2013: Won NBA Finals in 7
2014: Miami is at the very least primed to finish with the 2nd seed in the East and will more than likely make it to the ECF which everyone will agree will likely go 6 or 7.

He has himself to blame in 2011. I like Lebron as well, but I don't have my head so far up his ass to not see that he choked in that series. Please enlighten me how 1. He's going to get better results than he has had in Miami and 2. How he's going to go to a top 5 team given the current CBA structure of the NBA?

Given the salary cap structure it's going to be really hard having a top player in Wade and a top 15-20 player in Bosh on your team along with a well-balanced bench that Miami has at the moment.

It's statements like that along with your trade Wade banters that makes me along with other posters on this board really irritable with you. At least LA fans stay consistent with their team, you're a dick rider - plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please enlighten me how 1. He's going to get better results than he has had in Miami and 2. How he's going to go to a top 5 team given the current CBA structure of the NBA?

Given the salary cap structure it's going to be really hard having a top player in Wade and a top 15-20 player in Bosh on your team along with a well-balanced bench that Miami has at the moment.

It's statements like that along with your trade Wade banters that makes me along with other posters on this board really irritable with you. At least LA fans stay consistent with their team, you're a dick rider - plain and simple.

1st I did not say anything about results, I said that his support cast would be better. I understand you think I am slamming the Heat, I am not. The fact is the Big 3 have a lot of overlapping skill sets and the CBA fucked them, they thought they were going to be able to maneuver with a lot more latitude than they had and the Heat still got the job done.

PHO, POR and GSW can all afford a max contract next year with barely going into the luxury. NO and SA can as well, but they are not what I would consider elite teams yet or next year, respectively. HOU could make moves to easily afford another max player while keeping it's best pieces, those moves are becoming increasingly difficult to make however.

A dick rider? :sadbron:

I am not a fan of teams, I am a fan of players, I want them to succeed. I could give a shit less about the corporation logo's they wear on their jerseys. At the same time I do enjoy the business side of things but unlike you I am not interested in keeping players because of sentimental attachments. I also do not get butt hurt when somebody posts an idea, especially one that has no chance of coming to fruition. It is a forum to discuss topics and even...deep breath...IDEAS!!!!