• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawrence Timmons

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will preface my statements by saying that I have not heard Timmon's side of the story. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. That said, this guy put his coach and his team in a tough spot unnecessarily. Whatever his reason for leaving he could have let his coach and a few teammates know. The Fins as an organization treat their players very well. They would have done whatever they could to help him. By not saying where he was going or that he was going he distracted the coaching staff at the worst time.

K. Alonso, C. Allen & M. Hull stepped up and played well under the circumstances.

Can they trust him? I have a hunch that he will get it together but Gase probably feels disrespected. That is never a good thing. If the Fins cut him they will have much less depth at the position and that is a big risk if there is an injury. Also, I don't know how that would effect the salary cap. I think he should lose a paycheck for missing the game but he is still owed a lot of money. Timmons owes his coaches and teammates and an apology for putting them in this predicament.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will preface my statements by saying that I have not heard Timmon's side of the story. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. That said, this guy put his coach and his team in a tough spot unnecessarily. Whatever his reason for leaving he could have let his coach and a few teammates know. The Fins as an organization treat their players very well. They would have done whatever they could to help him. By not saying where he was going or that he was going he distracted the coaching staff at the worst time.

K. Alonso, C. Allen & M. Hull stepped up and played well under the circumstances.

Can they trust him? I have a hunch that he will get it together but Gase probably feels disrespected. That is never a good thing. If the Fins cut him they will have much less depth at the position and that is a big risk if there is an injury. Also, I don't know how that would effect the salary cap. I think he should lose a paycheck for missing the game but he is still owed a lot of money. Timmons owes his coaches and teammates and an apology for putting them in this predicament.
The team may know what happened but are keeping it private. Who knows maybe the mother of his child was threatening suicide or something worse? If this is the case best to keep it quiet and help the man out. Get him back playing football when ready. Hopefully it's nothing too serious but we have no idea.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots happening today for the Fins at LB. Timmons was suspended indefinitely. The Fins traded a 2018 5th round pick to the Saints for Stephone Anthony.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what in the hell did you guys do to him down there in south florida??! he was fine when he was with us!

no, but seriously, i hate to see/hear of this, i hope everything is o.k. with his family. we steeler fans love lawrence timmons, dude was an absolute rock and consummate professional for us. Sucks that you all are so short at LB, here's to hoping hat it's all cleared up and water under the bridge (whatever the issue might be) sooner rather than later.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what in the hell did you guys do to him down there in south florida??! he was fine when he was with us!

no, but seriously, i hate to see/hear of this, i hope everything is o.k. with his family. we steeler fans love lawrence timmons, dude was an absolute rock and consummate professional for us. Sucks that you all are so short at LB, here's to hoping hat it's all cleared up and water under the bridge (whatever the issue might be) sooner rather than later.

His consistent history with the Steelers is part of the reason that this is so surprising.

What he did was strange. It would be like starting a new high paying job with a big group meeting coming up with your new company. You are scheduled to participate in the meeting. Then you rent a car and purchase a flight out of town without telling your Supervisor or coworkers that you are leaving before you miss the meeting. Who does that?

It's not a good look to his coaches, teammates, personnel guys that brought him in or the owner.

Last edited by a moderator:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Incognito got to him.

Seriously, can they get him off the cap? Thought I read somewhere if they "do this and this" he will not be counted on cap until he returns. Not sure what that was though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this, dude was a blessing to have on your team, somethign happened........., what it was i dunno, but for him to do that, it was serious i bet

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this, dude was a blessing to have on your team, somethign happened........., what it was i dunno, but for him to do that, it was serious i bet

It could be something as simple as breaking a team rule. Gase has two rules. Be on time and play hard. Timmons could have been late for a meeting for example. Countless times Belichick has disciplined players, even star players. A coach has to if he wants to be an effective leader. Perhaps Timmons got his pride hurt. He may have been told he wasn't starting in the game. I think Timmons may have felt entitled yet when you change to a new organization you still have to follow rules and prove yourself no matter what you accomplished at another team. I think leaving made his situation a lot worse then it had to be.

Ajayi had a bump with Gase early last year and now the guy is proving to be one of the best RBs in the league. Timmons probably isn't responding well to being disciplined. That's my best guess.

I don't think anyone including Gase would want Timmons to have to be suspended. The team has shown they believe in him by signing him to a big contract. Usually the Fins give their own guys the big contracts. See Stills, R. Jones for examples. Perhaps Timmons took his new team and his new contract for granted. It is after all a team that has to be able to work together to accomplish goals.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be something as simple as breaking a team rule. Gase has two rules. Be on time and play hard. Timmons could have been late for a meeting for example. Countless times Belichick has disciplined players, even star players. A coach has to if he wants to be an effective leader. Perhaps Timmons got his pride hurt. He may have been told he wasn't starting in the game. I think Timmons may have felt entitled yet when you change to a new organization you still have to follow rules and prove yourself no matter what you accomplished at another team. I think leaving made his situation a lot worse then it had to be.

Ajayi had a bump with Gase early last year and now the guy is proving to be one of the best RBs in the league. Timmons probably isn't responding well to being disciplined. That's my best guess.

I don't think anyone including Gase would want Timmons to have to be suspended. The team has shown they believe in him by signing him to a big contract. Usually the Fins give their own guys the big contracts. See Stills, R. Jones for examples. Perhaps Timmons took his new team and new contract for granted.
yeah im sure it was taking things for granted, being at the airport and all

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad to hear that Timmons and the Fins have resolved their issue and he has rejoined the team. He is a real talent. The team needs him.