• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawrence Mitchell committed to Michigan

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they'll be able to finally finish ahead of OSU in the recruiting rankings this year...

...nah.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall is a good athlete who is very raw and according to his highlights played against horrible linemen... I mean in many cases they just let him run right by and either tackle the back or sack the qb... In any event, he has pretty good speed off the line and will be coached by Mattison for 4 years, so hopefully he develops into a solid contributor. I am not very high on him, but he is a local kid with potential, and it's not a good idea to let those types get away... it will be interesting to see what happens if he does get a USC offer which he so badly wants.

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care about the rankings but this kid looks and feels great for the program. I think Hoke and Mattison will teach him the proper techniques. If we can get Hand or Mcdowell our d line will be our strong point, that it needs to be.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really suprised at his size. 205lbs????

He will most definitely need a redshirt season at that weight.

I wonder if he thought he would lose his spot if a highly recruited kid committed sooner than latter?

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD, he is up to 230 right now. And maybe after his senior year he could be around 240 with any luck. Let's go blue!!

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he looks bigger than the 6'3 230 lb Ferns on their pic, I don't think weight is going to be a problem for him, the problem I see down the line is what will happen when opposing linemen won't let him run past them unimpeded... but I am confident that Mattison will get the most out of his potential...

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bounced around the net a little on Lawrence Mitchell, looks to be long on potential, long on production vs lesser talents, and very long on raw. Should be interesting to see what his Sr. season produces.

Recognizing that the list has shaped up the way it has due to who has already accepted.... I get the general feel that the emphasis in this class is on the Defense. Am I just getting the wrong feel here, or, is there a push toward the D in this class?

So, about how many spots left in this class? 7 - 10?

Hoping to see Peppers, Hand and McDowel among them. :cool:

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this class will end up being around 20... there is always attrition as we've found out today...

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, about how many spots left in this class? 7 - 10?
Officially we have nine out of 14 committed but as non mentioned, that will likely grow by 4 or 5. Kind of surprised to see Mitchell commit to Michigan. Thought he was headed to EL for sure. The kid might be a reach at this point for Hoke and Co. at this point.
Hoping to see Peppers, Hand and McDowel among them. :cool:
All signs point to Peppers being Blue, and soon. Hand and McD are up in the air but I would expect Malik to be Blue as well.