• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawrence bashes refs

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I was wondering when somebody was going to go off. A fine will be forthcoming. He ended the interview"f--k the refs,I am done talking"

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I thought we caught some breaks yesterday. I thought they could have called the personal foul that they picked up. I also thout Vereen was definitely interfered with.

The offsides penalties were ridiculous. That's our own damn fault.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I thought we caught some breaks yesterday. I thought they could have called the personal foul that they picked up. I also thout Vereen was definitely interfered with.

The offsides penalties were ridiculous. That's our own damn fault.
I didn't see the replays other than what was shown during the game, but I thought both would have been bad calls. I didn't see what Awuzie did wrong (the receiver mostly ran into him) and Vereen dove for the ball. Maybe Brown had a hand on him, but it looked incidental at most

but as usual I didn't see a problem with the refs. Mistakes both ways and game was fairly officiated as usual even if there were some bad calls.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the replays other than what was shown during the game, but I thought both would have been bad calls. I didn't see what Awuzie did wrong (the receiver mostly ran into him) and Vereen dove for the ball. Maybe Brown had a hand on him, but it looked incidental at most

but as usual I didn't see a problem with the refs. Mistakes both ways and game was fairly officiated as usual even if there were some bad calls.

I thought Brown grabbed him, but I'm just saying they could have called it. The helmet to helmet, launch, defenseless WR one - you just never know. I'm not sure the officials know what to call in that split second. I was surprised they picked it up, whether it was or wasn't. I have just never really paid much attention to penalties after the game. I just thought of another one I thought we may havve gotten a break on- the throw to the TE when 27 was in coverage. I would say the Giants were doing the same thing but I'm not sure they covered anyone all day except Wit.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIs though are different than holds for me. I might see one hold a game but I'm usually watching the ball.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIs though are different than holds for me. I might see one hold a game but I'm usually watching the ball.
what I notice this season is the Cowboys OL getting flagged for holdING on big plays. Conversely there are no makeup calls. The Charger game was terrible. Blatant holding almost every time rivers dropped back which is why they got several big plays.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"As usual"? The chargers and falcon games were not called fairly. I am not going to say the Cowboys would have won but the games could have been closer. 3 of those sacks clay burn had should have been nullified. On two of those he grabbed face mask and on the other one he launched helmet first into the back of daks head.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The off-side penalties on our defense yesterday deserved to be called. I've been saying that to my family all season long and few, if any, have been called. The DE's are constantly just barely over the LoS. But, it's not just Dallas doing it. Almost every team is doing it. Pay close attention to the games. DEs are consistently leaning just into the neutral zone. In many cases, if you would draw a straight line, their helmets would be touching the center's helmet if they were lined up at nose tackle.

The no holding on the offense of Dallas' opponents is becoming a serious issue, IMO. So bad have things gotten that not only were the Giants not called for offensive holding, one of our DLmen was called for defensive holding on a Giants offensive lineman, when he was just trying to push through the offensive line to get to the RB on a sweep. Eli Manning is on pace to shatter the Giant record for number of sacks in a single season. Yet, the best sack duo and the NFL sack leader suddenly have zero sacks and yet there are zero holding calls.

We went through this a couple of weeks ago, but due to a single offensive line holding penalty last week, I was willing to give it a break to see how things would play out. At this point, it is now 1 holding penalty on the offensive line of Dallas opponents in over 42 quarters. That's 10 1/2 games with only one offensive line hold.

There were plenty of bad calls/non-calls both ways yesterday. I'm not claiming otherwise. But something is majorly up with the lack of offensive holds called against Dallas opponents. A single call last week doesn't change my perspective on that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Giants were called for 1 holding call yesterday. I remember a 1st and 20 and they ran it 3 straight times after that and kicked a FG

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into last week (according to the announcers) we had the 3rd least amount of penalties called against us in the entire league. I just don't get the idea that the refs are either out to get us or that poor officiating is hurting us more than it does the average team.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into last week (according to the announcers) we had the 3rd least amount of penalties called against us in the entire league. I just don't get the idea that the refs are either out to get us or that poor officiating is hurting us more than it does the average team.

I heard that, too, jarntt. I immediately looked up the stats. We were actually the fifth least penalized team as of the end of last week, which is all they had to go by at that point. I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue or some peon who typed up the notes missed typed.

That's not the point, though. There is a huge discrepancy in the calls against us verse the calls against our opponents. You are taking a us verses all of them approach. But we don't play against all the teams of the NFL. We play against one team at a time. And in each of those games, our opponent's offensive line is not being called for holding at a rate of even 1/4th of the league average.

Poor officiating happens, both against us and in our favor. That has been true no less this season than any other season. I get that and I've never been one to complain about officiating. On just about every other indicator, that's all that one can say about the officiating this year. When it comes to offensive holding of our opponents this year, however, something is uniquely off/wrong. Like I said before, offensive holding affects the game more than any other penalty.

Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety, but the bottom line for me is that I share D.Law's frustration. It's not like there aren't any holds to be called. There are - plenty of them.

Romotoowens said there was an offensive line hold called on Sunday. I didn't remember one so I looked back at the play by play of the game. Maybe I missed it, but the only offensive holding call I saw listed against the Giants on the play by play was on Calvin Munson, a LB that was playing special teams on a punt.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that, too, jarntt. I immediately looked up the stats. We were actually the fifth least penalized team as of the end of last week, which is all they had to go by at that point. I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue or some peon who typed up the notes missed typed.

That's not the point, though. There is a huge discrepancy in the calls against us verse the calls against our opponents. You are taking a us verses all of them approach. But we don't play against all the teams of the NFL. We play against one team at a time. And in each of those games, our opponent's offensive line is not being called for holding at a rate of even 1/4th of the league average.

Poor officiating happens, both against us and in our favor. That has been true no less this season than any other season. I get that and I've never been one to complain about officiating. On just about every other indicator, that's all that one can say about the officiating this year. When it comes to offensive holding of our opponents this year, however, something is uniquely off/wrong. Like I said before, offensive holding affects the game more than any other penalty.

Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety, but the bottom line for me is that I share D.Law's frustration. It's not like there aren't any holds to be called. There are - plenty of them.

Romotoowens said there was an offensive line hold called on Sunday. I didn't remember one so I looked back at the play by play of the game. Maybe I missed it, but the only offensive holding call I saw listed against the Giants on the play by play was on Calvin Munson, a LB that was playing special teams on a punt.

It was the Giants first drive. I looked it up. I think it was on a first down from the 13 yrd line.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i remember the hold too because I thought about this discussion. I think it was at the goal line

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the Giants first drive. I looked it up. I think it was on a first down from the 13 yrd line.
OK, the 13. I'm sure you are right. I didn't look it up

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, the 13. I'm sure you are right. I didn't look it up

Yes it was the last play of the quarter. It was called on a guy named Halapio. Not real sure if that was a extra TE, OLinemen , or what. Never heard that name.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doh!!!

I see my problem. I clicked on the wrong game. I was looking at the play by play of our first game against the Giants. I was looking so hard for the penalty listings that I didn't see all the other plays that obviously didn't happen yesterday, especially the early scoring of that first game.

So, I do stand corrected... There was a holding call on the Giants offensive line yesterday. So, that's two holds in a little over 10 1/2 games.

Well, that changes everything then.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doh!!!

I see my problem. I clicked on the wrong game. I was looking at the play by play of our first game against the Giants. I was looking so hard for the penalty listings that I didn't see all the other plays that obviously didn't happen yesterday, especially the early scoring of that first game.

So, I do stand corrected... There was a holding call on the Giants offensive line yesterday. So, that's two holds in a little over 10 1/2 games.

Well, that changes everything then.

2 holds in 10 games doesn't change much of anything considering we have DLaw, Irving, and others that can get after the passer. I get where you are coming from and understand the frustration from Lawrence.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if officials are graded as a crew or a person or both. I just rarely ever see new officials. I've seen Hochuli, Coleman, Blakeman, Boger, Stessatore for years. The odd thing is I really don't remember The guy that fox announcers go to- Parera- much at all. Jim Tunney was always my favorite white cap.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad was an official for many years. He did a ton of good HS football games. Seems they were always short of guys to do the chains. I helped. Fun watching the game being at the line of scrimmage.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad was an official for many years. He did a ton of good HS football games. Seems they were always short of guys to do the chains. I helped. Fun watching the game being at the line of scrimmage.

I've done both. I couldn't stand the chains, especially on high school fields that didn't have the yard marks down.