• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lavar Ball's latest (it's not what you think)

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaVar Ball surprises struggling handyman with new truck

"LaVar Ball does have a soft side, it seems.

On Monday, Ball lured his longtime handyman to a local car dealer in California, where he surprised him and his family with a 2017 Toyota Tundra.

Ball said he's known the man for nearly 15 years. The man had trouble going back and forth to his job due to transmission problems with his vehicle. But that is his former job now.

Ball said he also gave the man a new job as a property manager for Big Baller Brand.

"It's just something I did for him," Ball told ESPN.com. "He's been working a long time trying to make ends meet. That car ain't gonna get him from place to place. Now he has a car that can get him from Point A to Point B."

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,871.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about him, he can be an ass (starting to think that's just for the cameras), but this shows another side to the man.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Handymen are not good businessmen. Never understood this

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the handy-man can build Lonzo a hoop so he can practice his outside shot? :noidea:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/7835...ef9b5e46ec/ss_lavar-ball-says-lonzo-will.html

LaVar Ball, the outspoken father of Los Angeles Lakers rookie point guard Lonzo Ball, said Wednesday his son will lead the Lakers to at least 50 wins and a four-game series split with the reigning NBA champion Golden State Warriors during the 2017-18 regular season.
LaVar, Let's look at this. Position by position.

PG - Lonzo vs Steph. I'm sure the consensus is Steph, but let's go in Lonzo's mind and give the edge to Lonzo. Even in his mind it has to be only a slight edge.

SG - KCP vs Klay. C'mon, not even Lonzo can say this favors the Lakers on either end of the floor.

SF - Anyone on the Lakers Roster vs Durant. Not even close.

PF - Randle vs Draymond - Lakers just got kicked in the nuts again.

C - Lopez vs Patchouli/McGee - Okay, Lakers edge here, not huge.

So, even if Lonzo is the second coming of Oscar and Magic there is no way that he can raise his team to compete with the Warriors unless the are resting players or are injured at multiple positions.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG - Lonzo vs Steph. I'm sure the consensus is Steph, but let's go in Lonzo's mind and give the edge to Lonzo. Even in his mind it has to be only a slight edge.

SG - KCP vs Klay. C'mon, not even Lonzo can say this favors the Lakers on either end of the floor.

So, even if Lonzo is the second coming of Oscar and Magic there is no way that he can raise his team to compete with the Warriors unless the are resting players or are injured at multiple positions.

Lavar gonna speak it into existence. lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize the Lakers won at least one game each season vs the Warriors ever since they've been the leagues best team, right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if the Lakers win 30 games and Lonzo is not a complete siev on defense and shoots 35% from 3 Lavar should be thrilled.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nice of him... But that won't stop him from being an arrogant loud-mouth

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was so genuine he wouldn't have brought the cameras along to film the whole fiasco.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was so genuine he wouldn't have brought the cameras along to film the whole fiasco.

very good point...

"But But But, I just want to have the people see how generous I am....."

..............................................."now, buy my son's shoes"

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers win 30 games and Lonzo is not a complete siev on defense and shoots 35% from 3 Lavar should be thrilled.

Wanna bet the the lakers win more than 30?

Hell, wanna bet they win more than 35?

Or are you going to pussy out like you usually do?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the Lakers won at least one game each season vs the Warriors ever since they've been the leagues best team, right?
Sure, and that is still a far more likely result than splitting the season series. Yes the Lakers got better, but not up to Golden State better. How many teams split season series with the Warriors in the West?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

They snuck up on the Warriors in meaningless games. If the Lakers prove to be a playoff team, they won't sneak up on the Warriors.

I guarantee a playoff matchup would be a sweep. Regular season? I don't know. The Lakers are far more invested in those games than the Warriors will be.