• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Latest From Lavar

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Lavar made it sound, he made it seem like he'd find a way for them to bypass the draft.

Lonzo's about to have a wife and kid. It's time for him to start a scavanger search for his testicles and be his own man. It's a shame this kid wasn't drafted by the Celtics (I see why they got Taytum). Because Lonzo needed to be as far away from his dad as possible.
They don't have to worry about bypassing the draft.

Nobody is taking LiAngelo....Lmao

That's why he mentioned that free agent deal.

You have to speak Neanderthal fluently to translate this clusterfuck.

" We don't need the draft"

Translation.....I fucked up, nobody is buying this farce in Lithuania and you are not getting drafted.

" You don't have to give Gelo 15 mil. We making money, just give him 1 mil for 3 years ..."

Translation....I'm over extended like a mother Fucker and I'm begging you to just give this turd a minimum deal.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lonzo is dumb enough to follow his father's orders, then no. My guess is that eventually Lonzo will realize that is a grown man and he can make his own decisions.
One would think.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that, but here is the thing - I don't think there is any way that the NBA would allow the Lakers to circumvent the draft and sign two players of high caliber like that without them going through the draft system and who knows where they land, so by the time those dudes get ready, their best shot will be to shoot for the draft and land where they can - three players on three different teams and it's going to be awhile before they are all good enough to want to sign with the same team like LeBron, Bosch and Wade did. So for now it's not even an issue - the dude is farting in the wind for attention. The Lakers are best served ignoring him - He stinks like cows in a barn
I don't think they are. One was not even good enough to start at UCLA and the other is just a high school dropout. No one would draft half-ass players like that knowing the trouble that would follow from Lavar.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's give LaMelo a few years to see what he becomes, he's showing a pretty solid talent level for a 16 year old kid. He definitely needs to get in the weight room as his body matures. If he keeps on course, he WILL be drafted, and he could be good value, as playing overseas instead of at UCLA could drop him in the draft.

LiAngelo? They could always throw a 2 way contract offer at him if he works out well enough, but he's always been the lesser of the 3 and LaVar has acknowledged that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lonzo is dumb enough to follow his father's orders, then no. My guess is that eventually Lonzo will realize that is a grown man and he can make his own decisions.

2 things:

1. I was listening to local sports talk radio yesterday on my way in to work and the hosts were talking about how nothing had been heard from Lavar in about a month. So much for that. Lol.

2. Former NBA player Ryan Hollins was one of the hosts. He talked about how when he went to the Clippers, his Dad (who was also his biggest cheerleader) started exhibiting some "Lavar-like behaviors" that he had to squash.

He said that he was at the Clippers facility when someone from the FO came to him and said "We have your Dad on the phone and he's demanding to know where his season passes are, where the family room is, etc., etc."

He said: "It was one of the hardest things I've had to do, but I told my Dad...'if you ever call my work again demanding things that you know I'm going to give you, you won't be coming to anymore of my games'." He said his Dad respected that and never did it again.

It seems like it may be getting close to time for Lonzo to tell his dad to stfu and quit messing with his future money.

Last edited:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why won't Lonzo?

Youngest guy to record a triple-double. Somebody will take him.

that doesn't really mean anything. If he can't become consistent as a player he'll be relegated to a bench soon and out of the league.

He plays at a crucial position where not a lot of teams have solid contributors. He needs to step up his play significantly. NOBODY is giving a big second contract to a player of his current caliber without better numbers.

Look at a guy like Dennis Schroeder......and the money he makes. And he's leading his team offensively. Lonzo has to improve, bottom line.

For the record, I'm not saying he CAN'T. I'm saying he HAS TO.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's give LaMelo a few years to see what he becomes, he's showing a pretty solid talent level for a 16 year old kid. He definitely needs to get in the weight room as his body matures. If he keeps on course, he WILL be drafted, and he could be good value, as playing overseas instead of at UCLA could drop him in the draft.

LiAngelo? They could always throw a 2 way contract offer at him if he works out well enough, but he's always been the lesser of the 3 and LaVar has acknowledged that.
Plus, let's be real....

This isn't new.

The Knicks gave Chris Smith, Jr Smith's bro a deal to keep Jr.

The Suns did the same with Zoran/Goran.

The Pelicans, Kings, Mavs all gave Boogie's bro a SL deal in hopes of gaining favor.

Hell, even Eric Griffin got a look because of Blake.

Seth Curry, Justin Holiday have legit NBA talent.

But, I bet they got a longer look based on DNA.

Here's where this is different.

They, nor their families, tried to bully one of the most storied franchises in sports into it PUBLICLY.

It costs the Lakers a Hotel Room and per diem to give him some Summer League burn.

But, after this?

I wouldn't give him Shit.

The Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Heat have at least one person on staff that you just don't fuck around with..lol

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get in line ... Saturday afternoon with Lonzo.

If you want a piece of Lonzo Ball, you’d better be ready to pony up. The Los Angeles Lakers rookie will be available for autographs at the Puente Hills Mall in the City of Industry—a shade under 22 miles east of Staples Center—on Saturday afternoon of NBA All-Star Weekend.

The cost? A cool $199. For just $10 more, you can get your signed memorabilia authenticated by Beckett Witness Certification.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want a piece of Lonzo Ball, you’d better be ready to pony up. The Los Angeles Lakers rookie will be available for autographs at the Puente Hills Mall in the City of Industry—a shade under 22 miles east of Staples Center—on Saturday afternoon of NBA All-Star Weekend.

The cost? A cool $199. For just $10 more, you can get your signed memorabilia authenticated by Beckett Witness Certification.

No thanks, but thanks for offer Lavar

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's averaging 10 pts, 7 boards, and 7 assists. Want the rest of the list of NBA players currently getting at least 10/7/7?

Ben Simmons, Draymond Green, Russell Westbrook, and Lebron James.

Some of you place way too much emphasis on shooting percentage, which is also coming along (if slowly). After a slow start, he was shooting .422/.377 in January. Still low, but improvement none the less. The time missed to injury unfortunately has interrupted that growth.
Did I say anything about shooting %? No, what I said was that much like another so-called prodigy with an overbearing father flamed out royally and I predict the same for LEVEL Ball

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit, I used to live around the Corner from that mall in West Covina....lol

He couldn't get a better venue?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that doesn't really mean anything. If he can't become consistent as a player he'll be relegated to a bench soon and out of the league.

He plays at a crucial position where not a lot of teams have solid contributors. He needs to step up his play significantly. NOBODY is giving a big second contract to a player of his current caliber without better numbers.

Look at a guy like Dennis Schroeder......and the money he makes. And he's leading his team offensively. Lonzo has to improve, bottom line.

For the record, I'm not saying he CAN'T. I'm saying he HAS TO.

So, in your opinion, scoring is more important than ball distribution, defense, and rebounding for a PG?

Schroder: 19.6 ppg (on 17.3 shots), 43.5% (28.3% 3pt), 6.4 ast, 3.1 reb, 0.1 blk, 1.1 stl, 2.6 to
Ball: 10.2 ppg (on 11.1 shots), 35.6% (30.3% 3pt), 7.1 ast, 7.1 reb, 0.9 blk, 1.5 stl, 2.7 to

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, let's be real....

This isn't new.

The Knicks gave Chris Smith, Jr Smith's bro a deal to keep Jr.

The Suns did the same with Zoran/Goran.

The Pelicans, Kings, Mavs all gave Boogie's bro a SL deal in hopes of gaining favor.

Hell, even Eric Griffin got a look because of Blake.

Seth Curry, Justin Holiday have legit NBA talent.

But, I bet they got a longer look based on DNA.

Here's where this is different.

They, nor their families, tried to bully one of the most storied franchises in sports into it PUBLICLY.

It costs the Lakers a Hotel Room and per diem to give him some Summer League burn.

But, after this?

I wouldn't give him Shit.

The Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Heat have at least one person on staff that you just don't fuck around with..lol

LaVar's blathering means nothing. The Lakers will consider them only if they make sense for the franchise. Being overseas and Lonzo out with injury sparked his "look at me" ignitor.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Lavar made it sound, he made it seem like he'd find a way for them to bypass the draft.

Lonzo's about to have a wife and kid. It's time for him to start a scavanger search for his testicles and be his own man. It's a shame this kid wasn't drafted by the Celtics (I see why they got Taytum). Because Lonzo needed to be as far away from his dad as possible.

His wife may have already cut them off:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Lonzo Ball looking like Derek Rose? Lonzo Ball's a good NBA player, he's going to get a 2nd contract.
So far he has been injured twice and missed a lot of games - The Lakers have played 55 games this season and Lonzo Ball has missed 19 of them due to injury. Besides some testicles, he needs to but some meat on that scrawny body of his

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This LaVar guy is going to ruin it for Lonzo and the Lakers.

Magic Johnson's not the brightest GM (tampering) so I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers traded Lonzo.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far he has been injured twice and missed a lot of games - The Lakers have played 55 games this season and Lonzo Ball has missed 19 of them due to injury. Besides some testicles, he needs to but some meat on that scrawny body of his

I could see how you could construed a sore knee to multiple ACL/MCL tears. Makes complete sense.