• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Night....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to keep this out of our daily thread cause I have a feeling the bitching needs to be released...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense:

For the life of me, I can not understand why when you have two different running style running backs, you line them up together in the back field and take advantage of a running game that was there last night. You run Gaskin off tackle or outside, and pound Coleman between the guards. It's not hard, its not rocket science. There was so many times that Oline was getting a push on the line of scrimmage ....

With what I just said above now opens up the play action, now those first two drives, Jake looked like the old Jake, rolling out, extending the play when protection broke down but found an outlet. Now with that said, when you are looking at 2nd an 4 or 3and 2 don't throw the damn ball, you have short yardage cause your running game was gashing them, run the rock!

As for Jake, I'm not saying the lack of the passing game is all on him. I think there is a huge issue with these wide outs of running a proper route. I love Pettis and think he's going to be playing on Sundays, but in the 3rd quarter Jake put on down the sideline toward Dante, now the talking heads are saying Pettis did a good job of breaking up a interception. The real truth was Dante ran a shitty route, Jake put that ball on the sideline right where he was suppose to, Dante let the corner on the outside dictate where the corner wanted him to go, wrong wrong and so wrong for a veteran receiver to let that happen!

As for my request of seeing more slants, twice. That's all I remember seeing, and one was a drop making me believe this why I only saw slants run only twice...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense:

I honestly think they were reading all of AG posts about their stats for this year. Cause they clearly came out with there heads up their asses. Granted I for one am quoted as saying " stack 8 to 9 in the box to stop Love and dare them to throw it." Now in my defense I had no idea that these back up corners aren't even over 6' in height! :L

There was no pressure brought all night, ( look at last years game, blitz city all night) Rapp would sneak up here and there, but that was just a great read by Tyler, seeing the run coming. If one unit is really exposed cause of injuries, its the defense. There is no real rotation on the D.

I do feel the Pac 12's approach on "targeting calls" is playing head games with defenses, they were hitting Stanford hard all night, but as a player when you are flagged even if they wave it off it still sits in the back of your head on your next approach.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake just doesn't have the same patience and decision making away from home.

They had success early running up tempo. Then stopped doing it and couldn't move the ball.

Stanford had kids literally wide open way too many times and on those same plays they couldn't generate any pass rush. You won't beat any QB, new or not, if you give them wide open receivers with zero pressure. Why even line up for those plays?

Just like the ASU game, the guys from Dawgman and others noted there was no real energy on the sideline. They were flat on the field and flat on the sideline.

Petersen needs to do some deep analysis and rebuild what their road program is because it isn't working and hasn't been working for long enough that it has to be addressed. Period. It starts with coaching and the preparation.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake just doesn't have the same patience and decision making away from home.

They had success early running up tempo. Then stopped doing it and couldn't move the ball.

Stanford had kids literally wide open way too many times and on those same plays they couldn't generate any pass rush. You won't beat any QB, new or not, if you give them wide open receivers with zero pressure. Why even line up for those plays?

Just like the ASU game, the guys from Dawgman and others noted there was no real energy on the sideline. They were flat on the field and flat on the sideline.

Petersen needs to do some deep analysis and rebuild what their road program is because it isn't working and hasn't been working for long enough that it has to be addressed. Period. It starts with coaching and the preparation.

As for the coaching:

I agree with you 100%! There should be no issues like this with a Veteran team. It's like they get on plane and forget all their coaching. I think Coach K not dialing up a blitz here and there last night has me really concerned. And that starts at the top of coaching table. Shaw came out and proclaimed they lost last week to the Cougs cause of his play calling. Now I know Coach Pete would never make a comment like that in public, but something needs to be done. I mean for Christ sake they open on the road against Auburn next year, what does this say to fans that want to travel to it? I mean if their motto on the road is gonna be so lack luster, then I'm not spending money on a trip to see them not even try!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mind is made up about Smith too, "so long thanks for the help!"

I'm tired of the company line, "we'll go back and look at the tape and target things that worked" well guess what boys that should be noticed during the damn game! You telling me you don't have some charting the plays? Maybe instead of 8 people signaling in the play you use on of those people to chart play, down and distance, and outcome!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the coaching:

I agree with you 100%! There should be no issues like this with a Veteran team. It's like they get on plane and forget all their coaching. I think Coach K not dialing up a blitz here and there last night has me really concerned. And that starts at the top of coaching table. Shaw came out and proclaimed they lost last week to the Cougs cause of his play calling. Now I know Coach Pete would never make a comment like that in public, but something needs to be done. I mean for Christ sake they open on the road against Auburn next year, what does this say to fans that want to travel to it? I mean if their motto on the road is gonna be so lack luster, then I'm not spending money on a trip to see them not even try!
Actually what Shaw said was he didn't put his team in a position to win. It was more about the game plan and preparation than play calling.

Right now UW has issues with all of it. They have no energy on the road. That starts with coaching. Petersen has to look at all of it and find solutions.

I remember hearing Carroll talking about road games in the Pac and the special attention he paid to the routine and planning for them. Petersen needs to step that part of his game up because it's getting old.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mind is made up about Smith too, "so long thanks for the help!"

I'm tired of the company line, "we'll go back and look at the tape and target things that worked" well guess what boys that should be noticed during the damn game! You telling me you don't have some charting the plays? Maybe instead of 8 people signaling in the play you use on of those people to chart play, down and distance, and outcome!
I'm also tired of hearing the excuse that they couldn't go back to tempo because that early tempo was scripted.

So, go redo the script! Seriously, why can't they go back at some point and say do the script over again starting at play #4. Go! Shit would have been better than what we saw in that second half.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also tired of hearing the excuse that they couldn't go back to tempo because that early tempo was scripted.

So, go redo the script! Seriously, why can't they go back at some point and say do the script over again starting at play #4. Go! Shit would have been better than what we saw in that second half.

Right out of the gate in the second half Gaskin was ripen off 4-6 yd gains on first down, on first down, that tool goes pass pass! What does that say to the running game? On top of that Defense has no depth, why mot milk the clock with a lead, and a running game that was winning in the trenches until they stop you?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right out of the gate in the second half Gaskin was ripen off 4-6 yd gains on first down, on first down, that tool goes pass pass! What does that say to the running game? On top of that Defense has no depth, why mot milk the clock with a lead, and a running game that was winning in the trenches until they stop you?
What makes Smith bad is when the defense drops a safety back he runs and when they bring an extra body up they pass. Of course that gives you numbers, but also lets the defense entirely dictate when you will be running on offense. You still have to mix it up no matter what the defense is showing you. The role of the offense is to dictate the plays, pace, and set the tone. Way too many times Smith just sticks to high school level adjustments that other teams simply easily pick up on and use to their advantage.

He's playing checkers when everyone else is playing chess.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes Smith bad is when the defense drops a safety back he runs and when they bring an extra body up they pass. Of course that gives you numbers, but also lets the defense entirely dictate when you will be running on offense. You still have to mix it up no matter what the defense is showing you. The role of the offense is to dictate the plays, pace, and set the tone. Way too many times Smith just sticks to high school level adjustments that other teams simply easily pick up on and use to their advantage.

He's playing checkers when everyone else is playing chess.

Yeah I know Pete believes in his staff and would never call them out or out right fire someone, but for them to take it to the next level, ( right now that means winning on the road) they need to see this and something has to be done!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If smith is fixable then fix him. If he's part of the problem then do your job and replace him. If there are other considerations like routine and preparation on the road that need changing then change it.

The road issues MUST stop or you haven't arrived. You want to be taken seriously you have to up your road game.

They've come a long way since the Willingham era. They've upped their game since Sark. They won't take that last step to entirely relevant on the national stage until they become elite. They are not elite with how they play on the road right now. Everyone sees the problem. Petersen has to go fix it. Or they will just be a dangerous good team that will contend for the conference title and never amount to anything nationally.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started pounding down shots late in the third quarter. Last thing I remember was the two point conversion.

That might be a good thing.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If smith is fixable then fix him. If he's part of the problem then do your job and replace him. If there are other considerations like routine and preparation on the road that need changing then change it.

The road issues MUST stop or you haven't arrived. You want to be taken seriously you have to up your road game.

They've come a long way since the Willingham era. They've upped their game since Sark. They won't take that last step to entirely relevant on the national stage until they become elite. They are not elite with how they play on the road right now. Everyone sees the problem. Petersen has to go fix it. Or they will just be a dangerous good team that will contend for the conference title and never amount to anything nationally.

Yep!

I know I keep hammering the "vet players" card but I also know there still running younger players out there, but if there "OKG" then they should be able to understand a big, pressure game!

And if they really didn't believe they weren't going to get Stanford's best game last night then the coaches failed all around! You embarrass Stanford on National TV last season, they blew a 4th quarter lead to the Cougs last week, it was a perfect setting for a big time game where you team your younger players how to go into a hostile environment and walk away with a win!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the entire Seahawks roster is banged up. The Huskies right now may not even make it to the Pac-12 Championship, the Mariners are going nowhere, I'm hungover as fuck, when is it an appropriate time for a mimosa?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the entire Seahawks roster is banged up. The Huskies right now may not even make it to the Pac-12 Championship, the Mariners are going nowhere, I'm hungover as fuck, when is it an appropriate time for a mimosa?
At least we aren't duck fans. Be thankful for that.

We no longer have to resort to creating threads laughing at our rivals after someone else beats them when we are too pathetic to even get close ourselves. Hated that time in our history. So glad it's them now.

:suds:

#smallsilverlining

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we aren't duck fans. Be thankful for that.

We no longer have to resort to creating threads laughing at our rivals after someone else beats them when we are too pathetic to even get close ourselves. Hated that time in our history. So glad it's them now.

:suds:

#smallsilverlining

Makes it a bit better. Our program is looking up and we have a bright future ahead of us.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mcnabb7542 Why are you an Eagles fan? Seems you follow Seattle teams. Curious about that.

I was born and raised until I was 10 in Las Vegas....My old man cheered for the Lions and I wasn't going there, so when I was 9 I watched the Eagles make their first run to a Super Bowl (lost to the Raiders) and have been loyal ever since I was a kid....

Love the M's when I first moved here and stayed loyal, and up too 2000 was a huge Sonics fan, until the league went to shit....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes it a bit better. Our program is looking up and we have a bright future ahead of us.
Pretty much everything is positive outside of their continued inability to play on the road.

They've had like 3 decent road wins since Petersen came here and two of those were just the cougs. They beat a ranked USC team in '15 and that's about it.

It's time he takes that next step away from Boise and starts looking for higher end staff that has experience with coaching elite teams that can handle road games. He needs help.