• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

last few games

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that our schedule has us playing against a lot of teams coming off of bye weeks...so we get NW who had a bye week this week like us, then at Minnesota, who will get a bye before playing us, then at Illinois on the 15th just happens that Illinois gets a bye on Nov 8.

Coincidence I am sure, but that is 3 in a row with 2 weeks to prepare against the Hawkeyes. Wisconsin, who spanked the crap out of a Maryland team that beat us, does have to play Nebraska the week before they travel to Kinnick at least.

I do see things that make me think Iowa is not all that bad, but this is from other teams. Look at some of the records out there:

Oklahoma is 5-2
Texas is 3-5
BYU is 4-4
Florida is 3-3
South Carolina is 4-4
USC is 5-3

Granted I think we would lose to OU and likely both USC's, but I would say we are about even with the others...it could be a lot worse I guess.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting that our schedule has us playing against a lot of teams coming off of bye weeks...so we get NW who had a bye week this week like us, then at Minnesota, who will get a bye before playing us, then at Illinois on the 15th just happens that Illinois gets a bye on Nov 8.

Coincidence I am sure, but that is 3 in a row with 2 weeks to prepare against the Hawkeyes. Wisconsin, who spanked the crap out of a Maryland team that beat us, does have to play Nebraska the week before they travel to Kinnick at least.

This is probably better for us. Iowa has to be the easiest team in CFB to prep for. Maybe during the bye weekend the opposing teams will have players get in trouble like our own drunk LB Spearman....

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wont matter. Iowa has to be the easiest team in the P5 to prepare for. Iowa will struggle in each game, and I look for at the most, 2 more wins on the season. I think Iowa beats Minnesota. Who the other win is against is TBD. Probably Northwestern or Illinois. Might be asking too much of the coaching staff to win three (Northwestern, Illinois, and Minnesota). Iowa has no chance against Wisconsin and Nebraska.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wont matter. Iowa has to be the easiest team in the P5 to prepare for. Iowa will struggle in each game, and I look for at the most, 2 more wins on the season. I think Iowa beats Minnesota. Who the other win is against is TBD. Probably Northwestern or Illinois. Might be asking too much of the coaching staff to win three (Northwestern, Illinois, and Minnesota). Iowa has no chance against Wisconsin and Nebraska.

Lol, did I stutter?

I think Iowa will win out.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all due respect, I do not think Iowa is out of any game that is left, given what I have seen, certainly Nebraska and Wisconsin look like losses, but...any given day in Kinnick, our boys can rise up and win, that is sort of the original point of what I posted, there are a lot of teams that are right there with us. Heck Oklahoma was wanting to be in the playoff picture, but now are out for sure.

The key is shoring up what is needed, but also to start to play ball the way we can. Starts Saturday with NW, a team that loves to hate us, Fitz hates Iowa we know that, and they have potential to beat us, but we should win this game with proper execution.

I don't know, I think the whole deal is the season is not over, we have a good chance, look at these other teams that are right there with us, some big names even...at the same time I want to be all rah rah but that is tempered by the last game vs Maryland where our All American stud Scherff looked less than average. We need a running game, we aren't Florida State who can run for 50 yards and still win. I do not know what KF is saving Weisman for at this point.

All is not lost, but things do not look rosy by any means, still are we now like Red Sox fans, waiting for Murphy to come in and crush our spirits? I hope we can just say, ok, we SHOULD be undefeated, but we AREN'T but we CAN win a few more and go to a decent bowl.

9 wins

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like they had no chance against Pittsburgh?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to add that Iowa is not the easiest team to game-plan on in the CFB. Indiana has to be. You don't even have to stop Coleman to beat them.

Northwestern - I have Iowa winning 38-21 I believe. Iowa played like crap vs Maryland. I think the play calling was fine. It worked good in the 1st quarter and towards the end. But dropped passes, Scherff getting knocked on his butt multiple times, and terrible tackling vs the run was awful. They have had 2 weeks to see that. I think the defense will be a different team and Scherff will be better than he was. I expect the same from the passing and WRs.

Minnesota - Depends how well Iowa can tackle. All Minnesota has on offense is Cobb. Iowa doesn't really have to shut him down. They haven't really done a good job shutting down great backs, but they do good shutting them down in most drives. Minnesota has good DBs. If Iowa can get the run going, Iowa should easily win. I think Iowa should win this one.

Illinois - I was nervous about this when Lund was playing. I think even if he was still playing, I would be a lot less nervous. Iowa's pass defense is 16th, but that might be because we have faced 2 passing offenses. But King is playing great this season and Illinois's defense is not good. I don't think this will even be a trap game.

Wisconsin - I think Iowa will split between Wisconsin and Nebraska. I think Iowa lines up better vs Wisconsin. I do think Iowa will win this one, but my confidence is not there like it is with the previous 3 games. I think Gordon will have a good game, but Iowa will stop him when it counts and Iowa will somehow get the win.

Nebraska - My homer in me says Iowa can get this one like last year. But there really is no reason to think that. IMO, Nebraska is the 2nd best B1G team at this point of the season. Abdullah will have a great game, but when Iowa gets to stopping him, they will get Iowa with the pass or Armstrong will take off running. Armstrong will get revenge from last year. Iowa totally beat him up. I also hope Gregory lines up vs Scherff quite a bit. I have been waiting all season for that matchup. But I can see Nebraska winning this one.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually I think Iowa women's field hockey has the only other NCAA championship won at Iowa other than wrestling

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually no one has an NCAA championship in football for the simple reason they aren't given out by the NCAA

to get an NCAA championship you get that wooden backed trophy thing, the NCAA has never done that for football, it's an oddity in college sports that the biggest money maker is not one that the NCAA recognizes a champion in

The trophy or trophies for the football championship were and continue to be always sponsored by someone outside of the NCAA. I learned that long ago when the NCAA HQ was in Overland Park KS and we lived in KC, did a tour of the facility and they had a cool deal on all sports, but not football so I asked about it. This what all sanctioned sports receive, football gets some gaudy trophy.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or 1958 under Forest Evashevski

Basically the same thing (were they still in leather helmets??). No one win and one tie team who beat the #16 team in a bowl game would even sniff a national championship in today's game.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IJerms,

Yes Iowa won at Pitt. But in my opinion, had Rudock not gotten hurt, I don't think Iowa pulls that game out. CJB came in and the game turned in Iowa's favor. So, Iowa left Pitt with a win.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, bottom line in all of this is that we just have to be fans here on out, expect the worst and hope for the best, I feel Iowa could win 3 or more or easily lose that as well...just going to watch when I can and hope we can get some wins...boy do I sound mediocre or what. No mistaking me for a Bama fan or something, hahaha, we don't expect wins anymore, just happy to get them.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do see things that make me think Iowa is not all that bad, but this is from other teams. Look at some of the records out there:

Oklahoma is 5-2
Texas is 3-5
BYU is 4-4
Florida is 3-3
South Carolina is 4-4
USC is 5-3

Granted I think we would lose to OU and likely both USC's, but I would say we are about even with the others...it could be a lot worse I guess.

The problem with the teams you mentioned is that they all would or have already beat Iowa State

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sadly you are right, of all the teams here, none but us would lose to iowa state:doh: