• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Fedora on that good stuff

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol what a geezer

I can assure you our country will not fall from a lack of football, as much as some of us love it

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol what a geezer

I can assure you our country will not fall from a lack of football, as much as some of us love it
I'm not sure which is more bizarre between that and the we have a great military because of football comment.

Unless he thinks football was widespread during WWII

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure which is more bizarre between that and the we have a great military because of football comment.

Unless he thinks football was widespread during WWII

Dwight Eisenhower played football, there's that. And Army had great teams in the 40s.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Russians are behind the Targeting Rule. It all makes sense now.

Nuke em!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will someone in Carolina please take the glue away from Fedora?

apAee7G.gif

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"on the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on
other days, on other fields will bear the fruits of Victory."

Douglas MacArthur.

It should also be noted that all members of the Military Academies
must compete in a sport. Even if it's only intramurals. Everybody
is required to "compete."

Which makes sense, because when they graduate, they will
spend their military careers competing, fighting and dying.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm not sure that Larry quite hit the nail on the head, there are kernels of truth in there.

Athletes and people who grew up playing teams sports make better soldiers, and contact sports better prepare you for combat...nothing particularly shocking there.

Doubt the targeting rule spells the ruin of our country, but there is a certain amount of pussificaton that is bad for us.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm not sure that Larry quite hit the nail on the head, there are kernels of truth in there.

Athletes and people who grew up playing teams sports make better soldiers, and contact sports better prepare you for combat...nothing particularly shocking there.

Doubt the targeting rule spells the ruin of our country, but there is a certain amount of pussificaton that is bad for us.

DISCIPLINE.

Plus you learn how to get back up when you get knocked down.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DISCIPLINE.

Plus you learn how to get back up when you get knocked down.

Anybody that has ever done two-a-days learns the valuable skill of throwing yourself on the ground on command...can come in pretty handy.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think he's not necessarily wrong about a lot of that either, but the theatrics of it are entertaining.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure about his CTE stance but he's not far off from the fact we have definitely gone too far in some respects...especially with wussifying the young.

This past weekend we had a pretty big youth golf tournament here for 120 boys and girls all the way from ages 6 to 18. In typical Texas July fashion, it was hotter than hell. Tournament had iced down bottled water on every hole and caddies were provided for every player! Several parents asked the tournament director to suspend play until later in the evening when it had cooled off. Seriously? Kids have been playing junior tournaments in July Texas heat since I was a kid.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that has ever done two-a-days learns the valuable skill of throwing yourself on the ground on command...can come in pretty handy.

Physically, I found basic training easier than football practice.

Mentally, nothing compared to basic training.