• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin just screwed Tennessee

fumblerooskie1970

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And it sounds like Tenn. is going after Will Muschamp and the their next coach? Will he leave TexASS since he is the "next head coach in waiting"? Kiffins a TOOL!!!!

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely LOVE for Muschamp to leave Texas LOL, those arrogant fucks wouldn't know what hit em.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone saying that this was a good call by USC has to be a USC fan. Kiffin screwed Tenn. while he was there and didn't do a good job at all. He was already involved in the USC/Bush scandal. He's nothing but bad news. I guess that fits well at USC.

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aight (inner Saban), can't blame baby-face Lil Laney's id!0cy on TEAM SEC SEC SEC!!! bc we sure tried to get him to adopt the SEC way of doing things.
He fell thru the cracks. Buummerrrr....:rolleyes:

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it sounds like Tenn. is going after Will Muschamp and the their next coach? Will he leave TexASS since he is the "next head coach in waiting"? Kiffins a TOOL!!!!

I highly doubt it. He turned down Auburn, a place has ties to stay in Texas. I know historically Tennessee is a little more prestigious, but is that much better than Auburn? It sure as hell isn't better than Texas, which IMO is the top job in the country. I wouldn't mind seeing him go though :)

And wasn't Lane just the QB coach when he left USC? Sarkisian was the top choice for Al Davis before Lane got hired.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of all of this is that it's being reported that Tennessee has contacted Phillip Fulmer about the opening.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Tennessee is only contacting Fulmer to be the AD and/or to see who he thinks would be a good hire for the next head coach. Don't be surprised if it is David Cutcliffe.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Fulmer I would accept the position as AD, and then hire myself as head coach.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they obviously have an AD now but apparently some of the people above the current AD is not happy that he hired someone that left after one year and they may fire him because of it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would even interview myself if I was him and was hired as AD.

Phil: Hi Phil, nice to you meet you.
Phil: And very nice to meet you Phil.
Phil: So Phil, what do you think you can bring to the table for this program?
Phil: I'll win the national championship every single year, guaranteed.
Phil: I honestly believe you Phil....because you're fucking awesome.
Phil: Well, you and I are pretty much equal in awesomeness.
Phil: Agreed, so how about $6.5 million a year?
Phil: Weird, that is the exact same number I had in my head.
Phil: Sounds like a deal then.
Phil: By the way your wife's a dirty ho.
Phil: No doubt! And I'd have to say the same thing about yours.
Phil: I'm thinking about cheating on mine.....
Phil: Defiitely Phil.....definitely.
Phil: Tennessee is fuckin' screwed!!
Phil: LMAO!!!
Phil: LMAO!!!

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Kiffin screwed Tennessee? If thats the case Meyer screwed Bowling Green and Utah. Saban screwed Michigan State. Harbaugh screwed San Diego University. Tressell screwed Youngstown State. Brown screwed North Carolina. Tennessee coach Jonny Majors screwed Pitt. Erickson screwed Washington State and Idaho. ETC......

Its not like he kept Tennessee hanging on over hours let alone days.

Fact is, When Carroll left everybody and their mother thought USC was going down hill. With the football acumen and recruiting prowess, they are now scared again of USC. How reality turns wishes into Hate.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Kiffin screwed Tennessee? If thats the case Meyer screwed Bowling Green and Utah. Saban screwed Michigan State. Harbaugh screwed San Diego University. Tressell screwed Youngstown State. Brown screwed North Carolina. Tennessee coach Jonny Majors screwed Pitt. Erickson screwed Washington State and Idaho. ETC......

Its not like he kept Tennessee hanging on over hours let alone days.

Fact is, When Carroll left everybody and their mother thought USC was going down hill. With the football acumen and recruiting prowess, they are now scared again of USC. How reality turns wishes into Hate.

It's simple really. Tennessee had settled on Kiffin and prepared for him to be there for the long haul. Meanwhile, recruits came pouring in because Tennessee was to become the next best thing in the SEC. Now those recruits are scattering, and Tennessee literally had no warning or time to prepare.

Now they have to find a coach which they weren't prepared to find.....and that coach has to try and salvage the recruiting class which is totally freaking out.

Fact is, most of the time programs know when they will be hiring another coach and those candidates talk to the AD of that school long before the current head coach is gone. In this case, Tennessee didn't know this was going to happen, and they got screwed.

Most of the time when a new coach comes in a program will take a few steps back. In this case, how could Tennessee not take a few lightyears back. They're screwed.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple really. Tennessee had settled on Kiffin and prepared for him to be there for the long haul. Meanwhile, recruits came pouring in because Tennessee was to become the next best thing in the SEC. Now those recruits are scattering, and Tennessee literally had no warning or time to prepare.

Now they have to find a coach which they weren't prepared to find.....and that coach has to try and salvage the recruiting class which is totally freaking out.

Fact is, most of the time programs know when they will be hiring another coach and those candidates talk to the AD of that school long before the current head coach is gone. In this case, Tennessee didn't know this was going to happen, and they got screwed.

Most of the time when a new coach comes in a program will take a few steps back. In this case, how could Tennessee not take a few lightyears back. They're screwed.

So by your thinking again, Pete Carroll screwed USC?
Did you see the Recruits scatter at USC when this happened?
Did Pete Carroll give USC enough time?

You cant say the University has the RIGHT to Fire coaches, whenever they want for whatever reason they want (TEXAS TECH)
Then Say
The Coach cant leave for a Better Job, Better Pay, Better School.

Thats a BS Double Standard.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by your thinking again, Pete Carroll screwed USC?
Did you see the Recruits scatter at USC when this happened?
Did Pete Carroll give USC enough time?

You cant say the University has the RIGHT to Fire coaches, whenever they want for whatever reason they want (TEXAS TECH)
Then Say
The Coach cant leave for a Better Job, Better Pay, Better School.

Thats a BS Double Standard.

Ummmm....yea. Duh. You didn't know this??? The very next day on ESPeeN they announced about 10 recruits in USC's upcoming class who now don't know what to do.

This was the reason for hiring that jackass Lane Kiffin....because they felt like he may be able to keep them there since he was on Carroll's staff all those years.

Watching the Army All-Star game there were a lot of those 5 star recruits who had committed to USC who were literally freaking out right before the game because of the news.

Last edited by a moderator:

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm....yea. Duh. You didn't know this??? The very next day on ESPeeN they announced about 10 recruits in USC's upcoming class who now don't know what to do.

This was the reason for hiring that jackass Lane Kiffin....because they felt like he may be able to keep them there since he was on Carroll's staff all those years.

Watching the Army All-Star game there were a lot of those 5 star recruits who had committed to USC who were literally freaking out right before the game because of the news.

A Few USC recruits took back their verbal but they NEVER took USC out of consideration, Huge Difference. And USC recruits get alot of negative recruiting (not saying this is Bad, or Wrong, its how it is), Do you really think if we hired Jack Del Rio the recruits would have satyed away. Pro Offense and Pro Defense is what most top recruits are looking for, and THAT more than who was hired is the main thing with USC recruits. Heck if Marriucci was hired, I would have expected most to come back.

But by what you have just posted, Did Carroll screw USC?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Few USC recruits took back their verbal but they NEVER took USC out of consideration, Huge Difference. And USC recruits get alot of negative recruiting (not saying this is Bad, or Wrong, its how it is), Do you really think if we hired Jack Del Rio the recruits would have satyed away. Pro Offense and Pro Defense is what most top recruits are looking for, and THAT more than who was hired is the main thing with USC recruits. Heck if Marriucci was hired, I would have expected most to come back.

But by what you have just posted, Did Carroll screw USC?

I don't think you're understanding where I am coming from here. Tennessee and USC are both in completely different boats. A coach leaving after building a large base for a program to follow is different than a coach leaving after digging a big hole to lay concrete and then never laying anything at all.

USC is that program that has a huge foundation to build off of. Tennessee has a big hole to fill. Tennessee was trying to rebuild from the ground up....now they are under ground.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're understanding where I am coming from here. Tennessee and USC are both in completely different boats. A coach leaving after building a large base for a program to follow is different than a coach leaving after digging a big hole to lay concrete and then never laying anything at all.

USC is that program that has a huge foundation to build off of. Tennessee has a big hole to fill. Tennessee was trying to rebuild from the ground up....now they are under ground.

Just to use your metaphor, You think a Coach wouldnt want a Hole dug and nothing in it place so he can fill it with whatever he wants? Even make the hole smaller or bigger and then fill it with His..

Look I am very Happy, after the way this season has gone with USC, a week ago I think only Del Rio or Your Own Coach would have made me happy. I do Not think Kiffin screwed Tennessee.

If you become a Coach, and signed a deal to coach Washington State for 5 years, then your mentor for 6 years At Nebraska and legend at Nebraska moves on and Nebraska calls you after one year at Wazzu, you say No, I am a Cougar?? I doubt it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done arguing.....the guy made a bunch of promises to a program and fanbase that is used to winning games. They were counting on him to give it a run and instead he put them deeper in the shit. And he never apologized, nor did he say thank you to anyone.