• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffin bringing in talent to FAU

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Things could get interesting down in Boca Raton this season and moving forward.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Things could get interesting down in Boca Raton this season and moving forward.
But not as actual recruits, as like JUCO transfers. His actual recruiting class is meh and, you know, he's not a good head coach. He had plenty of 4 and 5 star recruits at USC.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not as actual recruits, as like JUCO transfers. His actual recruiting class is meh and, you know, he's not a good head coach. He had plenty of 4 and 5 star recruits at USC.

Yeah, I get that, I didn't intend it to come off as if it was an incoming freshman class. And he only had a couple months to try and pull something together as far a recruiting class. But loading up on talented transfers seems like a good move IMO.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but he also doesn't play USC's schedule.

A few 4 and 5 stars would go a long way when your schedule is a Conference USA schedule.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few 4 and 5 stars would go a long way when your schedule is a Conference USA schedule.
He'll probably do good compared to normal FAU. I think he'll stick around there. I just don't expect them to be anything other than a decent CUSA team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he's got a former FSU QB commit throwing to a former Texas WR commit and former Florida WR commit. A school like FAU rarely gets that type of talent(I'm assuming all 3 are eligible this season, but I don't know). Their opener against Navy really, really intrigues me.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's got a former FSU QB commit throwing to a former Texas WR commit and former Florida WR commit. A school like FAU rarely gets that type of talent(I'm assuming all 3 are eligible this season, but I don't know). Their opener against Navy really, really intrigues me.

I was never a Lane fan, but I don't hate the guy either, so I'm not that interested, but I don't wish him ill. I think he has found a level where he could have some success.

So far he seems to be grabbing the kids that weren't happy with the playing time they were going to get at their former school, as long as he stays away from the problem children, he should be ok.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a Lane fan, but I don't hate the guy either, so I'm not that interested, but I don't wish him ill. I think he has found a level where he could have some success.

So far he seems to be grabbing the kids that weren't happy with the playing time they were going to get at their former school, as long as he stays away from the problem children, he should be ok.

I'm just curious because Lane is somewhat of a lightning rod and going up against Navy is the ultimate challenge in player discipline. They'll have more talent than Navy, I'm almost positive, especially adding a player who was supposed to be Pitt's best D-lineman this year and a former 5 star at LB who are eligible right away.

I think taking on transfer is a great way to build a program, especially in his first off season.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious because Lane is somewhat of a lightning rod and going up against Navy is the ultimate challenge in player discipline. They'll have more talent than Navy, I'm almost positive, especially adding a player who was supposed to be Pitt's best D-lineman this year and a former 5 star at LB who are eligible right away.

I think taking on transfer is a great way to build a program, especially in his first off season.

Bill Snyder agrees with you.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I figured after the stinker Sark threw up in January Lane would have more love from the Bama peeps.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the owls but i can't bring myself to cheer for them since that piece of work became their head coach.. watching peewee football is so cute.. but he's the coach :gaah:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured after the stinker Sark threw up in January Lane would have more love from the Bama peeps.

I think Sark made the best of a bad situation.

I didn't care for Lane's play calling at any point beyond halftime in any game. It always seemed like it was more important to him that everybody knew how smart he was than it was about controlling the game.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sark made the best of a bad situation.

I didn't care for Lane's play calling at any point beyond halftime in any game. It always seemed like it was more important to him that everybody knew how smart he was than it was about controlling the game.

I don't know. Seemed he threw too much on early downs, especially in the 2nd half.

Hurts didn't do him any favors, missing a ton of wide open receivers and refusing to run when he was flushed out of the pocket, but man just keep running, even with Bo went out, the other back had a wiggle to create more yards anyway.

he also pulled out his trick play way too early. IMO

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Seemed he threw too much on early downs, especially in the 2nd half.

Hurts didn't do him any favors, missing a ton of wide open receivers and refusing to run when he was flushed out of the pocket, but man just keep running, even with Bo went out, the other back had a wiggle to create more yards anyway.

he also pulled out his trick play way too early. IMO

Yes, but that's what Kiffen would have done if he had been there, since that's what he did all year, so results would have been similar.

I expect Daboll to bring balance to the Force, lol. I've not looked forward to watching our offense in awhile, but I'm looking forward to it this year. I actually don't think we will pass much less than before, I just think it will be at more appropriate times.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but that's what Kiffen would have done if he had been there, since that's what he did all year, so results would have been similar.

I expect Daboll to bring balance to the Force, lol. I've not looked forward to watching our offense in awhile, but I'm looking forward to it this year. I actually don't think we will pass much less than before, I just think it will be at more appropriate times.

With your stable of backs you could become freaking 95 Nebraska and still dominate.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They both suck?

:noidea:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both suck?

:noidea:

That can also be the answer.

Just sayin, after all the heat Lane took (and I'm not a Lane supporter, but he is what he is) Sark goes out and does that.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that one of his main reasons for recruiting the Juco's is to win big for a couple
of years and get back to a Power5 school.

Recruiting down there...ESPECIALLY FOR 3-STARS...is getting very difficult. FAU is in
Broward County, but Dade and Broward County probably have more 3, 4 and 5-star
athletes than 40 states. Kiffen at FAU and Richt back at UM will fight to keep the
Home Boys at home, but don't forget that Butch Davis is now at FIU.

I don't believe there is any 50-mile stretch in the country that has more quality
coaches than that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting has never been an issue for Kiffin. Being a good to very good offensive play caller and developer of quarterbacks has also never been an issue for him.

His problem, imo, has always been that he has a big fucking mouth and thinks he's better than he actually is as a head coach. He wants power/prestige that his head coaching resume doesn't warrant. That's why things tend to end badly everywhere he goes.

When he coached the Raiders, they didn't have a lot of success (nor a lot of talent) but the players played hard for him. However, he got a bit ahead of himself and fought with Al Davis.

Tennessee fans seemed happy with his 1 year, but then he left for USC.

At USC, he was fine for his first 2 seasons when he kept his mouth shut and just coached. He is a big part of the reason USC made it through the sanctions without having a losing season. However, when USC went into his 3rd season ranked #1, he got a big head, picked a fight with the wrong reporter and things went downhill from there.

Hopefully, for FAU, he will just stick to recruiting and coaching. If he does that, they'll be fine and some bigger school will probably give him another shot in a few years.

If he doesn't, he probably won't be able to get a job coaching a middle school.