• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Kiffen ... LOL

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Irish Fan I love Lane Kiffin. I am still waiting for him to hand me out my ice cream. God that guy is great. His team sucks and he dresses up as an ice cream vendor and hands out cones. It's the stuff movies are made of.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite Trojan fan (Jonathan Mathis) has a new post on You Tube. He is quite upset about Kiffin and the loss to "apple sauce", and "baby food". If someone could post it I would appreciate it. It's called: This Team BLOWS!!! USC, Lane Kiffin, YOUR TEAM IS A DISGRACE!!!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one hope they let him finish out his contract (through next year). He's been a joy to watch as an ND fan. What astounds me is what exactly is it he's selling these recruits on, because it isn't his coaching acumen. He had a small class last year due to roster restrictions, but it was entirely made up of 4 and 5 star players, every program has at least one or two three stars thrown in. That much talent in recruiting and no results on the field, he's either not managing the egos on the team, or he's in over his head. Or a little from column A and a little from column B.

They went from pre-season #1 to unranked with a Sun Bowl loss last year, and have continued the decline this year, despite having a very good defense and a lot of talent on offense.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one hope they let him finish out his contract (through next year). He's been a joy to watch as an ND fan. What astounds me is what exactly is it he's selling these recruits on, because it isn't his coaching acumen. He had a small class last year due to roster restrictions, but it was entirely made up of 4 and 5 star players, every program has at least one or two three stars thrown in. That much talent in recruiting and no results on the field, he's either not managing the egos on the team, or he's in over his head. Or a little from column A and a little from column B.

They went from pre-season #1 to unranked with a Sun Bowl loss last year, and have continued the decline this year, despite having a very good defense and a lot of talent on offense.

Put your homer anti USC bias aside and tell yourself USC went from pre season #1 to unranked. And Notre dame went from ranked like 25 and wound up in the NC game. So you can't put much weight where either was ranked before the season don't you think?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that unranked team wound up in the NC Game! Better coached ... just maybe? :laugh3:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that unranked team wound up in the NC Game! Better coached ... just maybe? :laugh3:

Notre dame was coached well last year and had some good luck. ND beat Michigan last year and lost to them thi year. Is Michigan better coached this year than ND? Is Hoke a better coach than BK now? If USC beats ND in South bend for the what is it fifth or sixth time in a row who is better coached? Last two games between BK and LK are split right?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ... at least ND players know who their coach is and totally believe in him. Can USC say that at this point in time? I think not! I'll give you an F for effort though SloGal ... next ? ? ?

:laugh3:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ... at least ND players know who their coach is and totally believe in him. Can USC say that at this point in time? I think not! I'll give you an F for effort though SloGal ... next ? ? ?

So no answers huh. Just what i thought

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are TOTALLY missing the point of this overall post ... as usual!!!

:omg: :L:doh: :lame: :focus:

No I get your point. Lane isn't doing very well I get that and if it takes him leaving to get USC back then so be it but you're ignoring what I'm saying. BK is also 1-1 . I know he's had a tougher game but he lost to a lower ranked team who many of you ND fans were saying was a grease fire and wouldn't be good any time soon. A game ND won last year and if you think Brian Kelly is a better coach it's a game you shouldnt have lost right? So now Michigan is now ranked 11th and ND 21. I can still see USC beating ND in south bend. I don;t see USC having a better season than ND because of all the problems with the offense. Sad but i'd take Tommy at QB than whats been going on there at USC.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put your homer anti USC bias aside and tell yourself USC went from pre season #1 to unranked. And Notre dame went from ranked like 25 and wound up in the NC game. So you can't put much weight where either was ranked before the season don't you think?

Facts don't have biases. Its not being a homer or having any sort of bias, its an undisputed fact that USC went from #1 to unranked last season. You can debate the merits of even having pre-season rankings, but facts are facts.

And am I supposed to be offended that ND went from unranked to the NC game? I'd take that any day over what happened to USC last year. Not really sure what your point is other than to point out the obvious.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's had a tougher game but he lost to a lower ranked team who many of you ND fans were saying was a grease fire and wouldn't be good any time soon.

Believe me ... I was NOT one of those ND fans that thought we'd march into the Big House and win. I was scared to death of this game and warned everyone about this kid Gardner. Unfortunately, for us, it came to fruition and he and Gallon lit our non-existent D up!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts don't have biases. Its not being a homer or having any sort of bias, its an undisputed fact that USC went from #1 to unranked last season. You can debate the merits of even having pre-season rankings, but facts are facts.

And am I supposed to be offended that ND went from unranked to the NC game? I'd take that any day over what happened to USC last year. Not really sure what your point is other than to point out the obvious.

My point was you can't go by pre season rankings.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was you can't go by pre season rankings.

And USC certainly proved that! Now, their sorry ass coach has lost his proverbial ass with his team. He's such a LOSER IMO and if he's still coach after (or before) his contract run out in 2014, Haden needs to go right along with him. USC is a shambles right now and I think I kinda like how karma always comes back to get ya!

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lane Kiffin really Tosh? Just give me my flippin cone Lane!

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Kiffin = :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Does anybody feel any sympathy toward USC fans? I don't!!!!

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK- 1-1
LK 1-1
who wins more games? Who wins in South bend?

Hey were's 7478 been? I think he's still in shock. lol

Yes, as of 9/11 was still in shock. After the ND game, didn't watch any sports (college or pro) until the Purdue game. I didn't even know SC lost to WSU until Wednesday evening when I heard a clip of Colin Cowherd saying Kiffin should be fired. When ND loses the week before a bye week, my wife can get all kinds of projects around the house done, because I'm free for the whole weekend.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, as of 9/11 was still in shock. After the ND game, didn't watch any sports (college or pro) until the Purdue game. I didn't even know SC lost to WSU until Wednesday evening when I heard a clip of Colin Cowherd saying Kiffin should be fired. When ND loses the week before a bye week, my wife can get all kinds of projects around the house done, because I'm free for the whole weekend.

Welcome back 7478.I figured that Michigan game had to hurt. I know the feeling.
That WSU game was terrible. The defense played good but Lane not being able to make a decision on who the starting QB would be doomed that game. Got back on track with Boston College. Can you believe USC defense is ranked in top 5? I know it's three games but they are much improved and this weekend face a legit offense. I have hopes SC can beat ND in South Bend again.