• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers-Magic game time

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lead is 13 with under 5 to go in the fourth. We may get a win out of this. Goodnight!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Cow. An appearance by Metta World Peace whose career is coming to a close.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lead is 15 with under three minutes left in the fourth. This looks like a win for sure.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. All of the young guys looked good. They seem to be figuring some things out.

Reactions: DJ

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. All of the young guys looked good. They seem to be figuring some things out.

The young ones are playing some good basketball. This won't be the last time that the trio of Russell-Clarkson-Randle each score 20+ points. Nance Jr. also chipping in with a good game off the bench.

I think the Lakers should shutdown A. Brown for the rest of the season. They are saying 4 weeks for this foot injury. That doesn't leave much of the season left if he makes that timeline. Might as well not rush the process. I'd like to see them call up Jabari Brown and see where he's at with his development following his China stint.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TJF12. WE may have turned a very small corner. Fun to watch when they play like they did last night.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The young ones are playing some good basketball. This won't be the last time that the trio of Russell-Clarkson-Randle each score 20+ points. Nance Jr. also chipping in with a good game off the bench.

I think the Lakers should shutdown A. Brown for the rest of the season. They are saying 4 weeks for this foot injury. That doesn't leave much of the season left if he makes that timeline. Might as well not rush the process. I'd like to see them call up Jabari Brown and see where he's at with his development following his China stint.

I agree re: not the last time we see all 3 score over 20 each. Heck, it might not be the last time we see it this season.

I'm loving Nance off the bench. Dude comes in and effects the game wherever the Lakers need it. He usually gets a highlight reel dunk that gets the crowd going, but also brings a lot of energy and isn't afraid to do the dirty work. Last night was a good example, he wasn't really needed to score, so he played solid defense and grabbed 10 rebounds.

When the news of the injury first came out, Byron said they'll most likely just shut him down the rest of the season because there just won't be enough games left. He said it's too bad because he "really wanted to see the young man play."

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree re: not the last time we see all 3 score over 20 each. Heck, it might not be the last time we see it this season.

I'm loving Nance off the bench. Dude comes in and effects the game wherever the Lakers need it. He usually gets a highlight reel dunk that gets the crowd going, but also brings a lot of energy and isn't afraid to do the dirty work. Last night was a good example, he wasn't really needed to score, so he played solid defense and grabbed 10 rebounds.

When the news of the injury first came out, Byron said they'll most likely just shut him down the rest of the season because there just won't be enough games left. He said it's too bad because he "really wanted to see the young man play."

Turns out that is was the right move to draft Nance in the first round and Brown in the second. The Lakers have him locked in for a few years this way. I like his game. He is going to bring the energy every night. He's a strong solid defender. He's a rebounder that attacks the glass. For as much shit as the front office gets, they have certainly drafted well these last two seasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out that is was the right move to draft Nance in the first round and Brown in the second. The Lakers have him locked in for a few years this way. I like his game. He is going to bring the energy every night. He's a strong solid defender. He's a rebounder that attacks the glass. For as much shit as the front office gets, they have certainly drafted well these last two seasons.

Completely agree. There were some folks that felt the picks should have been in opposite order and that Brown should have been drafted first. However, like you said, based on this season, it looks like the Lakers got it right.

I agree re: the FO. I don't know if it's been a true Jim/Mitch collaboration or if Jim has just been smart enough to stay out of Mitch's way, but I have zero complaints about the past 2 drafts. They needed to really nail them and it looks like they have.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got it right in the second round twice. Nance and Clarkson. I think Mitch has had more free reign now that Jim Buss's edict is being held to task by his older sister. Maybe CYA time for ole short Buss.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. I didn't like taking him that high but he's turned out better than I thought and basically every other person missed it too (most team projections didn't even have him drafted).

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I didn't like taking him that high but he's turned out better than I thought and basically every other person missed it too (most team projections didn't even have him drafted).

I was wrong on Nance and Russell. I am happy to be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: