• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers fans, which trade would make if any of these?

Which trade would you approve, if any...

• Pacers Trade No. 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers Trade No. 2

• Nets Trade

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Bulls Trade

• Tater Salad Trade

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, D'Angelo stays. Pacers need to face the fact that George will likely come to LA in free agency. They can either get one good player and a top pick, or nothing the following year.

^^^This^^^

The Lakers are young and developing. They can afford to be patient.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would not trade Randle for George and the #28. Randle is going to be a star and all the Lakers have to do is wait another year to get George in FA.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still would not trade Randle for George and the #28. Randle is going to be a star and all the Lakers have to do is wait another year to get George in FA.

agreed. stay young, stay patient, and let the Pacers sweat it out. the onus is on THEM not to walk away empty handed...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Under normal circumstances, I would agree. However, thanks to Short Buss and his shortsighted (get it lol) signings of Deng and Mozgov, I'm not sure the Lakers will have the cap space to sign PG-13 when he becomes an FA.

In that case, the Lakers would likely have to hope that he would be willing to sign a 1 year, less than max deal (the Lebron 2 year deal with an opt out after 1) and then get re-signed to a max deal after the Deng and Mozgov contracts are up. If he wants to be a Laker as bad as the rumor mill claims, maybe he does that, but it would be a big ask, imo. Especially since he has already suffered 1 career threatening injury.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't think the Lakers are ready to start making trades quite yet. Trades are better for teams that needs to make a change to get the team they want and believe will make them a contender. Right now the Lakers needs some free agents that will believe in the Lakers dream and vision. Once the Lakers have a couple of free agents sign, then they can start making the changes to get past the first and second round in the playoffs and right now the Lakers aren't even playoff bound

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't think the Lakers are ready to start making trades quite yet. Trades are better for teams that needs to make a change to get the team they want and believe will make them a contender. Right now the Lakers needs some free agents that will believe in the Lakers dream and vision. Once the Lakers have a couple of free agents sign, then they can start making the changes to get past the first and second round in the playoffs and right now the Lakers aren't even playoff bound

Yes and no. The Lakers are in a unique position as they can actually choose between being patient and playing the long game or ramp up their rebuild depending on what players they can get. The right trade can definitely speed things up as far as attracting other FA's.

However, they can also just stand pat, allow their youngsters to develop and go after a top level FA or 2 after the young guys really start to show they can play (similar to the Cavs in Lebron returning).

One thing is for sure, I feel a lot more comfortable with Magic and Pelinka making those decisions and talking to FA's than with Short Buss.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. The Lakers are in a unique position as they can actually choose between being patient and playing the long game or ramp up their rebuild depending on what players they can get. The right trade can definitely speed things up as far as attracting other FA's.

However, they can also just stand pat, allow their youngsters to develop and go after a top level FA or 2 after the young guys really start to show they can play (similar to the Cavs in Lebron returning).

One thing is for sure, I feel a lot more comfortable with Magic and Pelinka making those decisions and talking to FA's than with Short Buss.
Lol who wouldnt feel better? The Lakers enemies will be whining eventually about how unfair that firing was lmao

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like any of the trades either, but if I had to pick one it would be the Nets trade.

Even if Lopez left, the Lakers would still be in good shape with a ton of cap space available.

And of the 3 youngsters, I would absolutely keep Ingram. Russell and Randle can still improve, but you pretty much know what they bring to the table. Both are very inconsistent, one night looking like all stars, the next completely disappearing.

Also, since we are assuming the Lakers get the #3 pick, it would be easier to replace Russell over Randle IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not making any of those trades. I'd rather see how the team plays with Ball or Fultz and decide later. I'm not giving up multiple trade chips for the right to max out Paul George, who hasn't been quite the same since the injury. If he wants to come as a free agent, fine. No reason to rush the process now; let these kids continue to grow as a team.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not making any of those trades. I'd rather see how the team plays with Ball or Fultz and decide later. I'm not giving up multiple trade chips for the right to max out Paul George, who hasn't been quite the same since the injury. If he wants to come as a free agent, fine. No reason to rush the process now; let these kids continue to grow as a team.

We will be fine regardless of who we take. Trust the process. Enjoy the parade in time. History is inevitable. But I agree I don't see any reason to give up assets this season for PG-13. But I think Magic is going to pull the trigger, and the 1st one out will be Russell.