• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2018 Off-Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed ALR. Zubac will eventually get there if he gets serious PT.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, his development was stunted last season with Brook's arrival.

Toward the end of the previous season, Z was making good progress.

This past season, he barely got to play because Brook started and when he went to the bench, the Lakers played small ball with Randle at center.

Players games don't elevate from backup to all star caliber by working on their game in the off-eason and in practice alone. They need legit PT, and Z didn't get that this season

All true.

I think he can play, I just think that being another Brooke Lopez is probably his ceiling. That's not a bad ceiling either. Brooke is a solid starting center.

I just think that, like Brooke, he's a little slow footed which makes defending the pick and roll tough (which was probably part of the reason Luke went to Randle instead of Z when Brooke was out).

With the plans the Lakers have, if he is another Brooke or close to it, that may be all they need him to be.

I do agree though, we're not going to know what he can be if he doesn't get PT. Hopefully, he will get more this season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound the alarms! Lebron Season is officially OPEN. Prepare yourselves for 500 rumor stories a day!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound the alarms! Lebron Season is officially OPEN. Prepare yourselves for 500 rumor stories a day!
Yea. It could not have ended better for the Lakers lol. Now three weeks of nail bitting lol

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Nance and Clarkson trade looks real good for the Lakers. Niether player helped Cleveland. Clarkson seems to have regressed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, in the absence of good coaching, the real Clarkson emerged.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Nance and Clarkson trade looks real good for the Lakers. Niether player helped Cleveland. Clarkson seems to have regressed.

Nance played pretty well.

But that trade was never gonna help much short term anyway. They turned over half their roster with 2 months left in the season. There isn't much practice time during the NBA season anyway, especially late, so its no surprise that the younger guys like Clarkson and Hood had a tough time adjusting and finding a role. Nance faired better because like 95% of his game is just hustle plays and energy. He didn't need to figure out his role or adjust. He just did what he always does

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard this one yesterday courtesy of Steve Hartman on KLAC:

According to him, some upper level entertainment industry folks are saying that Lebron to the Lakers is all but a done deal.

Hartman also said that obviously, this is to be taken with a big grain of salt because it's from the entertainment industry and not the sports industry.

He also said that, Lebron wants to be a "mogul" in the entertainment industry when he retires and that seeing Kobe holding up an Oscar shortly after retiring, had an effect on him.

He said that if Lebron is thinking about setting himself up for life after basketball, while still having at least a punchers chance at another title or 2 before he retires...then only the Lakers truly make sense as his destination.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nance played pretty well.

But that trade was never gonna help much short term anyway. They turned over half their roster with 2 months left in the season. There isn't much practice time during the NBA season anyway, especially late, so its no surprise that the younger guys like Clarkson and Hood had a tough time adjusting and finding a role. Nance faired better because like 95% of his game is just hustle plays and energy. He didn't need to figure out his role or adjust. He just did what he always does

Agree. I think that it's likely that once he has a a full training camp under his belt, Clarkson will look a lot better.

Also, he impacts a game almost exclusively from the offensive side of the ball. He's basically a young Lou Williams.

So, it's not like he was going to be able to rely on his defense to make up for not knowing his role on offense.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you give up for Kawhi???

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you give up for Kawhi???

If I'm the Lakers, I'm bidding low.

He can be a FA after this next season where they can sign him without giving up anyone.

And, his health is still a huge question. Will he fully heal and be the same player he was? A serious quad injury that keeps you out almost a full season is not something that just happens, goes away and never reoccurs. Quad injuries are usually problematic once you get them.

If I'm the Lakers, I offer Ingram and the 25th pick and that's it. Otherwise, I'm waiting till next year and keeping all my assets

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what one writer thinks and I don't like any of these trades. Why on this planet would we want to help Popovich rebuild San Antonio?

Trade packages that could land the Lakers Kawhi Leonard

Because we'd be competing for championships right now if that deal went thru (because it'd also likely mean Lebron and Paul George will be here too) while the Spurs MIGHT get there to that level 5 years from now.

It's a question of do you want to keep the roster we have now (the young guys) and maybe compete years down the road or compete right now for the next handful of seasons.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me, a lot of people not connected to any of the suggested teams on any level other than one of spectator want this triumvirate of George/James/Leonard for the Lakers to happen. However, none of the receiving teams other than maybe Phoenix want to deal with Lozo Ball's dog and pony show or the Deng contract. At any rate, this is a set of interesting musings from people with apparently too much time on their hands.

The pros and cons of Lonzo Ball with the Phoenix Suns

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me, a lot of people not connected to any of the suggested teams on any level other than one of spectator want this triumvirate of George/James/Leonard for the Lakers to happen. However, none of the receiving teams other than maybe Phoenix want to deal with Lozo Ball's dog and pony show or the Deng contract. At any rate, this is a set of interesting musings from people with apparently too much time on their hands.

The pros and cons of Lonzo Ball with the Phoenix Suns

I think it will be Ingram and or Kuzman involved in a trade.