• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2017-2018 Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With three losses in-a-row all without Ingram and Hart, the pundits are relating that the team is souring on IT because he is not backing up his mouth with his play when it counts.

He missed a game-winning shot against Miami and then did a disappearing act against Indiana in the fourth quarter that bordered on embarrassing.

Perhaps we are finding out what Cleveland and Lebron have known all along about this guy! Maybe TJF12 has been right along and IT will be shown the door at the end of the season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe TJF12 has been right along and IT will be shown the door at the end of the season.

To be fair, it's not like I don't think he can play or has value. He has also missed over half the season, so he's probably just now getting in to game shape and trusting his hip.

I just think he's going to want more than the Lakers are going to be willing/able to pay. Plus, I think he'd have to come off the bench for them, which I don't think he'll be willing to do.

There's also the possibility that, while he's really good, what he did in Boston that got him all of that interest and attention was a fluke.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it's not like I don't think he can play or has value. He has also missed over half the season, so he's probably just now getting in to game shape and trusting his hip.

I just think he's going to want more than the Lakers are going to be willing/able to pay. Plus, I think he'd have to come off the bench for them, which I don't think he'll be willing to do.

There's also the possibility that, while he's really good, what he did in Boston that got him all of that interest and attention was a fluke.
I am for letting IT go after the season. His defense is too much of a liability for me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am for letting IT go after the season. His defense is too much of a liability for me.

Yeah, dude's size makes him a liability. He tries and he's usually in the right spot, but it doesn't matter when you're 6 inches shorter than small guards. lol

He'd be great to have coming off the bench for instant scoring for the right money, but I don't see him accepting that role or that money.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, dude's size makes him a liability. He tries and he's usually in the right spot, but it doesn't matter when you're 6 inches shorter than small guards. lol

He'd be great to have coming off the bench for instant scoring for the right money, but I don't see him accepting that role or that money.
Trf i agree. Would love him for instant offense off the bench, but like you said, he wont accept that role.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo is going to have to really improve his outside shooting for next year. He has to really work on it in the offseason. You cannot have a point guard shooting this poorly forever.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, four straight losses just about secures this season in the tank. Although improvements have occurred, they just don't have it yet.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo is going to have to really improve his outside shooting for next year. He has to really work on it in the offseason. You cannot have a point guard shooting this poorly forever.
He was the wrong guy for the Lakers. Not a wise pick up.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, four straight losses just about secures this season in the tank. Although improvements have occurred, they just don't have it yet.
I agree. I am happy with the improvement.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he'll be fine. He found a rhythm for awhile and was actually shooting really well. Then he got hurt. I think teams have started to defend him a little differently, so he's going to need to adjust to that.

When you factor in his assists, how well he runs the offense, his rebounding and the fact that he's much better defensively than anyone thought, if he can just become an average shooter, he can be an all star.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the wrong guy for the Lakers. Not a wise pick up.

Respectfully disagree. I think he's perfect for Luke's offense. He does a great job of keeping the offense flowing and setting up his teammates. I also love how quickly he moves the ball up the floor. His court vision is as good as it gets.

The Lakers don't need him to score, although I agree that he needs to improve his shooting. There is a very noticeable difference in how the offense flows when he is out.

I don't think he's ever going to be a great shooter. Fortunately, they don't need him to be. The assists, rebounds and defense he plays make the shooting less of a concern than it otherwise would be.

At worst, he'll be like Rajon Rondo without the attitude problem. Not what he was projected, but still a quality starter on a contending team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis is up next. For some reason, even though they suck this year, they always manage to play us tough.