• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2017-2018 Season Thread

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew London's shot was going to be hit and miss, but when he can't even get assists by creating easy shots for his teammates as he was unable to do last night, what exactly does he bring to the table then?

Kuzma looks way more like a #2 pick than Lonzo does, and that's just sad.

I mean, they drafted him to be the playmaker and he can't even do that on a consistent basis.

Would the team be better off with Fox and Kuzma at this point?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there are articles afloat that state that Lonzo's shot is not straight. Geez, this guy has enough pressure in his first year and the pundits continue to nip away at this guy's heels.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there are articles afloat that state that Lonzo's shot is not straight. Geez, this guy has enough pressure in his first year and the pundits continue to nip away at this guy's heels.

I think the concern over his shot is effecting the rest of his game.

It's not really his form that he needs to fix, it's his release point. It's too low. For him to ever develop a reliable shot, he needs to raise his release point. Guys like Jamaal Wilkes and Reggie Miller had ugly form, but their release points were right where you want them to be for a great shooter.

If I'm Luke, I'm telling him, don't worry about your shot, worry about the rest of your game. Shoot when you're open and feel good, otherwise just concentrate on running the offense and playing hard on defense. The shot will come around, or it won't. If it does...great. If it doesn't...we know what to work on in the off-season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew London's shot was going to be hit and miss, but when he can't even get assists by creating easy shots for his teammates as he was unable to do last night, what exactly does he bring to the table then?

Kuzma looks way more like a #2 pick than Lonzo does, and that's just sad.

I mean, they drafted him to be the playmaker and he can't even do that on a consistent basis.

Would the team be better off with Fox and Kuzma at this point?

Right now as in this very second? Yes. Unquestionably. They'd also be better off with D'Lo, Jayson Tatum, and Kuzma (with the Rockets pick as opposed to the Nets trade). They'd be better off with a lot of guys. But that's "right now" and its silly to be asking stuff like that at this point even if Ball is struggling quite a bit. Ifs and buts, ya know?

Ball's flaws were all there for everyone to see. This isn't shocking at all to anyone that could see beyond the hype (at it looks like plenty of fans and perhaps some Lakers staff could see that far). But he can get better. It's a month into the season. He's not going to be this awful forever (I don't think...). In the mean time, he could at least stop being so timid and actually draw some fouls and run the offense by attacking. That would help tremendously.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly more worried about the whole team shooting like shit rather than just Lonzo. JC seems like the only consistent one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the mean time, he could at least stop being so timid and actually draw some fouls and run the offense by attacking. That would help tremendously.

That's why I think his shooting woes are starting to effect the rest of his game a bit. He was doing a nice job of running the offense, getting rebounds, etc. despite not shooting well. Now he's even struggled with that over the last couple of games.

On the other hand, he's also just a couple of games removed from being the youngest player in league history to record a triple double. So, it's definitely too early to be overly concerned.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly more worried about the whole team shooting like shit rather than just Lonzo. JC seems like the only consistent one.

Good point. It's not as if everyone else is lighting it up, especially on 3's. The Lakers are dead last in the NBA in three point shooting percentage. That's not all on Lonzo.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Lonzo was going to struggle with his shot. Everyone knew that.

I'm really surprised he's struggling running to offense, getting assists and rebounds.

It's like he's allowing his shooting to affect the rest of is game. He is way too passive and not asserting himself throughout the game.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Lonzo was going to struggle with his shot. Everyone knew that.

I'm really surprised he's struggling running to offense, getting assists and rebounds.

It's like he's allowing his shooting to affect the rest of is game. He is way too passive and not asserting himself throughout the game.

I think the game is faster then he thought it would be at this level. He does have to be more aggressive. I remember similar concerns with Ingram at this point last year. Ingram is getting better and better.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't soon get some wins we are going to be in another top five finisher for the 2018 draft. We are presently 6-10 and really beginning to struggle again.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are the only team in the NBA shooting less than 30% from the three-stripe.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of misses. This whole team except for Kuzma looks like they are in a shooting slump.