• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ladarius Green

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think there's potential for him to become a weapon for the stretch run of the season? He finally seemed to look pretty healthy on those two long receptions Thursday. He's always been a guy that people have felt would break out at some point, and is regarded as an "athletic freak". It seems his ceiling is much higher than James as a receiver, despite falling short as a blocker.

Do you think he'll start to emerge here down the stretch?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think there's potential for him to become a weapon for the stretch run of the season? He finally seemed to look pretty healthy on those two long receptions Thursday. He's always been a guy that people have felt would break out at some point, and is regarded as an "athletic freak". It seems his ceiling is much higher than James as a receiver, despite falling short as a blocker.

Do you think he'll start to emerge here down the stretch?

Short answer...I think he will get more targets.

I've always felt that his success would depend on Haley's ability to use a hybrid TE...PIT has always used a two-way TE and that helped him to kind of disappear in the passing game until his number was called. Green will have to make plays vs tighter coverage imo.

That's his skill set and why he got the big bucks so I expect him to be more of a force.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be a roller coaster for the rest of the year...

I say that because the offense revolves around Bell, as it should. There will be plenty of shots downfield, but the lions share have been going to AB. One of the main silver lingings to that is that nobody has really emerged as Ben's go-to opposite AB. It has revolved through Coates, Rogers, DHB & now Green. Depending on who can distinguish themselves out of that group will be the deciding factor. I think we can rule out Coates because he is dealing with 2 broken fingers on the same hand. Green seems to be emerging so there's a good chance he'll be the guy.

It's probable that Green will get a good amount of work to close out this season. I just don't see it being a consistent thing.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"FUCK GREEN" - The Outlaw!!!!!
James_11615_Article_1.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"FUCK GREEN" - The Outlaw!!!!!
James_11615_Article_1.jpg

I was with you if he didn't play a couple of weeks ago, but he did, so I hope he does well now.

James should be a good asset still, but Jones threw him a good pass that would've allowed them to run out the close...pro style, and he dropped it...I'm like WTF James you were dong better than that earlier...they need to use him more....don't try to turn him into Spaeth!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be a roller coaster for the rest of the year...

I say that because the offense revolves around Bell, as it should. There will be plenty of shots downfield, but the lions share have been going to AB. One of the main silver lingings to that is that nobody has really emerged as Ben's go-to opposite AB. It has revolved through Coates, Rogers, DHB & now Green. Depending on who can distinguish themselves out of that group will be the deciding factor. I think we can rule out Coates because he is dealing with 2 broken fingers on the same hand. Green seems to be emerging so there's a good chance he'll be the guy.

It's probable that Green will get a good amount of work to close out this season. I just don't see it being a consistent thing.

The good teams that game plan well for the Steelers will bracket AB with one safety and keep one deep and hope to contain Bell with their front 7...like BAL does. If they do, Haley hasn't shown enough creativity to overcome that.

When you start breaking down all of the options aside from AB and Bell, they all have something they can bring to the table...Haley needs to keep varied like he was earlier in the season. Just makes them harder to defend.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with you if he didn't play a couple of weeks ago, but he did, so I hope he does well now.

James should be a good asset still, but Jones threw him a good pass that would've allowed them to run out the close...pro style, and he dropped it...I'm like WTF James you were dong better than that earlier...they need to use him more....don't try to turn him into Spaeth!

James reminds me more of Heath.... Only I don't think James gets the attention he deserves from opposing D's and from Big Ben.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James reminds me more of Heath.... Only I don't think James gets the attention he deserves from opposing D's and from Big Ben.

If I had to compare him to somebody...imo he's a cross between Tyler Eifert and Heath...but not as physical as Heath, not as athletic as Eifert.

I do agree Ben does not go to him enough. He was on pace for 7-10 TDs then lately nothing...WTF?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessir... Green UNLEASHED!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessir... Green UNLEASHED!
Just pray that Coates doesn't start eating into that in the coming weeks... But damn glad to see him step up

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pray that Coates doesn't start eating into that in the coming weeks... But damn glad to see him step up

Still not impressed with the fucker......:D

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least someone decided to grow a pair and become the #2 option for Ben.

When he finally decided to get his ass on the field!!!!

He did good, but It's gonna take a lot more than that...this offence is still leaving points on the field IMO.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he finally decided to get his ass on the field!!!!

He did good, but It's gonna take a lot more than that...this offence is still leaving points on the field IMO.
Agreed. Gotta clean up those penalties.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Gotta clean up those penalties.

Really makes me wonder about that interview that Bell did when he said the penalties are happening in practice and nothing is done there. So when game time rolls around the same dumb shit is happening in the games!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really makes me wonder about that interview that Bell did when he said the penalties are happening in practice and nothing is done there. So when game time rolls around the same dumb shit is happening in the games!!!!
Yea it doesn't seem like much has changed in regards to it since those comments... Lots of sloppy play over the last couple months

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it doesn't seem like much has changed in regards to it since those comments... Lots of sloppy play over the last couple months

Seems it may have been Bell and not the hash telling us the story!!!!!

:lol:

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems it may have been Bell and not the hash telling us the story!!!!!

:lol:

Morning, guys.

I've noticed the penalties, too...on both sides of the ball. Makes me wonder if the coaches are not as big on discipline as they should be.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning, guys.

I've noticed the penalties, too...on both sides of the ball. Makes me wonder if the coaches are not as big on discipline as they should be.

There was an article where they interviewed Bell a couple of weeks ago.....

Bell said that the penalties that are being made during games are the same penalties that are being made at practice and no one is getting on the players shit about these dumbass penalties....
So all of Tomlin's preaching about stopping the dumb penalties before halftime when he gets interviewed.... Seems the penalties are the coaches fault. If you practice dumb shit all week, then you best expect it to happen during the games.

So it seems that Bell was not doing the puff puff pass when he spoke of all this. Pathetic thing is after Bell said something, the penalties are still happening way to frequent!!!!

Btw....how the fuck are ya North????
Haven't chewed the fat with you in a while!!!!
Hope all is well Buddy!!!!

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw....how the fuck are ya North????
Haven't chewed the fat with you in a while!!!!
Hope all is well Buddy!!!!

True, Psych...the old gang doesn't shoot the breeze like it used to...look at how slow our BS threads have gotten. :tsk:

I had a close call last weekend, in the Burgh...ticker almost blew out. Landed me in the hospital for three days. But I'm on the mend.

Hope you're doing well. :yo: