• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA/TB trade talks

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fans saying we should move LaDue but I disagree, would rather make it work where TB gets Muzzin.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Muffin all day long, I would add with Muffin depending on what they wanted....Now I don't think Drouin will be a super elite scorer in the old Kings system, but times are changing. I also am not sold that LaDue is some elite RHD destined for the HoF, I saw hope that he can be good but nothing yet that said this is this next big thing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for trading Muzzin since his analytics value is so high, but I'm not really on board with trading Muzzin for the sake of trading Muzzin. Like Muzzin plus a pick for Drouin sound okay. Muzzin plus two pieces leads me to believe his value isn't as high as we thought, and I would lean more towards maybe not trading him as that value.

I agree on LaDue. Maybe he becomes good, but I didn't see a Hall of Famer or anything when he was out there. Drouin at least replaced Stamkos for a Playoff run, and held is own for a period (Albeit a pretty small sample size).

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again we will disagree, trading Muffin is in fact addition by subtraction and if you can get a Drouin for him that is a huge + and solves a big need. While Muffin can move the puck his inopportune gaffs are just too much for me and would limit his ice time. He took a huge step backward last season after I thought he was becoming a solid puck moving guy.....time is up get anything you can while you can.....there is your cap space and a scorer you so desperately want....its not Ovy but moves like this is how you get smart with cap and become a contending organization for years

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reservation I have in trading Muzz are if all the following happen:

Kings lose McNabb to Vegas
Unable to re-instate Voynov
Unable to land decent UFA defense-man (Alzner?)

If all of the above, then Kings would be down to 5 defense-men. Don't think there is anyone in system ready to come up. Maybe Clague or someone else turns out to be good, but that would be still several years away.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't argue that Muzzin didn't have a terrible season, and is pretty terrible in general (aside from some magical performances against Chicago in the Playoffs of 2014). His value, however, was so high according to the "corsi" and analytics numbers, that he was chosen and paired with Doughty on Team Canada. They viewed him as one of the best 6-7 defensemen, which put him company with these guys:

upload_2017-6-8_15-38-22.png

So if that's his supposed value as of 2016, then it should be Muzzin plus an asset for Drouin. Not two assets and Muzzin for Drouin. That's all I'm saying. That we can probably leverage Muzzin to get a pretty good deal.

But as Kings fan, I think we all pretty much agree that he's not even better than Martinez, let alone probably in that company, so who knows?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reservation I have in trading Muzz are if all the following happen:

Kings lose McNabb to Vegas
Unable to re-instate Voynov
Unable to land decent UFA defense-man (Alzner?)

If all of the above, then Kings would be down to 5 defense-men. Don't think there is anyone in system ready to come up. Maybe Clague or someone else turns out to be good, but that would be still several years away.

On topic:

2016-17 in Review: Is LA okay if Brayden McNabb goes to Vegas?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for Vegas to take McNabb over Lewis.

YAY we agree! I am not worried about loosing Muffin and Mcnabb, There are many out there available to replace a Mcnabb that are cheap. Muffin sure I believe his puck moving is hard to replace but with everything else that comes with that you can get most anyone and be better in the Dzone, holding the puck in the Ozone not giving the puck away for a breakaway or straight up 1 timer to the other team....lots more +++ IMO

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oscar Fatenberg signing gives some depth to the 7th defenseman spot. But they will still need another regular NHL d-man if they both trade Muzz and lose McNabb.

Competition for UFA D-men will be higher this year with Vegas coming in, and at least 10 teams loosing a D-man to the Expansion Draft. The more D-men Vegas selects, the higher the price tag will get for those UFAs.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't see Vegas taking McNabb, they too can easily find someone to fill that role. They should take Brown but likely will take Lewis.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Vegas taking McNabb, they too can easily find someone to fill that role. They should take Brown but likely will take Lewis.

Agreed. But if the Kings trade Muzz for a forward prior to Expansion, then will likely protect 7-3-1 instead of 4-4-1. Thus, Lewis would likely be protected, and McNabb could be left as the most "attractive" exposed player.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6y/33m