• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans be like we won the tip off!

my-favorite-gif-by-far_o_1065252.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame his klepto shoplifting brother who was caught shoplifting in China.

Yeah that's an odd story. Maybe Papa Ball should have bought his boy a pair a shades & that stuff wouldn't have happened.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack's reaction when he found out Lavar will be sitting right next to him for the remainder of the season @ Staples Center.

jack-nicholson-lakers.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The single greatest Lakers highlight ever.

giphy.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a little unfair. Lebron has made it known that he is probably leaving Cleveland after this season. If that's true he's not being loyal to kyrie do why are demanding kyrie be loyal to him. Also, nobody knows the interplay bw these two guys. It's pretty clear from that wedding video where kyrie is with the guys from GS that he has issues with lebron. Who are we to say who's right/wrong in that instance

I'd add that it's not as if Kyrie is just out there taking shots at the Cavs/Lebron unprovoked. How many times did Lebron call him "kid" or "little brother" in that tweet he sent out?

Not to mention the cryptic, passive aggressive tweets he sent out several times a year and throwing teammates under the bus from time to time since he's been back. I'd imagine that gets a little old. Especially to a guy who thought he was going to be the face of the franchise only to have that rug pulled out from under him when Lebron decided to return.

Having said that, I do think that it was a little shortsighted on his part to force his way off of a team that is looking at what? 4 straight finals runs? But so far, it seems to have worked out well for him.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know how much history Irving's family had in Boston. Call me a conspiracy monger but it seems just too easy how the whole deal went down between Cavs and Boston. Irving had to know that Boston had interest and Boston had the assets

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know how much history Irving's family had in Boston. Call me a conspiracy monger but it seems just too easy how the whole deal went down between Cavs and Boston. Irving had to know that Boston had interest and Boston had the assets

I don't think there's a whole lot more to it than the Celtics having interest and assets. But I also don't know what Kyrie's families history is with Boston.

The Celtics made a lot of sense for Kyrie. As good as IT has been, the Celtics had gone as far as they were likely to with him and needed a change to get better. Kyrie wanted to go someplace where he still had a chance to win.

The Celtics provided a chance to win and had assets that the Cavs (and any other team) would want.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's a whole lot more to it than the Celtics having interest and assets. But I also don't know what Kyrie's families history is with Boston.

His dad of course played ball and starred at B.U. He was close to Reggie Lewis. Kyrie's parents lived/married for quite a while in Boston. Its his dads favorite city.............................and Ainge has always been open about his obsession with Uncle Drew (Bill Russell has become close with Kyrie in recent years)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His dad of course played ball and starred at B.U. He was close to Reggie Lewis. Kyrie's parents lived/married for quite a while in Boston. Its his dads favorite city.............................and Ainge has always been open about his obsession with Uncle Drew (Bill Russell has become close with Kyrie in recent years)

The plot thickens. lol

Seriously though, with all of that, I'm glad it worked out for him. I think he's going to be better in Boston and that is already reaping benefits for the Celtics.

Now the Lakers need to catch up in the next couple of seasons so we can get back to the real Lakers/Celtics rivalry.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Hayward went down opening night, no one would've believed the Celtics would have the best record in the league 3 weeks later.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of a sudden he looks like a GOD PG with a good coach and no LBJ on his team.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Hayward went down opening night, no one would've believed the Celtics would have the best record in the league 3 weeks later.

It all depended on the progress of Brown and Tatum. Well those two became instant stars and now when they get Hayward back they will be legitimate title contenders.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have long been a Kyrie detractor for two reasons. While in Cleveland, he dominated the ball too much and played very little defense.

Now in Boston, he looks like an entirely different player. He isn't holding the Ball nearly as much, he is doing a better job creating shots for teammates and he is even playing pretty solid defense.

The reason I couldn't stand him was because of his selfish style. The Guy I see wearing Celtic green isn't the same player at all. This version of Kyrie looks like a legit top 10 player.

Spot on. Kyrie's been awesome in Celtic green. That performance against the Thunder last week was legendary. From the beginning, I believed the Celtics won the trade, and I felt like the Cavs would need to get something awesome from the Nets pick to win that trade, and I think that there's only a very small chance that the Nets pick can be turned into a player who is better than Kyrie. When it comes to trades, I'm all about looking at which team got the better player, especially in basketball.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie selfish in Cleveland...

Gee I wonder why

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of that, Kyrie is still very young. Celtics really looking good in that trade right now.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie has certainly been playing some good basketball thus far. He's doing quite well as the guy in Boston and seems to be relishing his new role.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I credit Cleveland as the writing was on the wall and Kyrie wanted out. Better to get at least something for him than nothing. IT is basically and older, and shorter poor man's Kyrie and the draft pick could potentially be great down the road.