• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'd characterize Kyrie as a "little b!tch"... but that's more of a semantics thing... I can understand why Kyrie may have rubbed folks the wrong way in the past.

He's probably been more of a son-of-a-b!tch than a b!tch... if you get what I'm sayin'. :D

Always seemed more interested in being the Man rather than part of greatness

Never seemed comfortable as Lebrons wingman, something all time greats like Pippen and Worthy adapted to

Than the mocking Lebron at Harrison Barnes wedding while they were still teammates

The not talking to teammates in the Finals

Maybe he's changed, I need more than 10 games to be convinced

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always seemed more interested in being the Man rather than part of greatness

Never seemed comfortable as Lebrons wingman, something all time greats like Pippen and Worthy adapted to

Than the mocking Lebron at Harrison Barnes wedding while they were still teammates

The not talking to teammates in the Finals

Maybe he's changed, I need more than 10 games to be convinced

I think that's a little unfair. Lebron has made it known that he is probably leaving Cleveland after this season. If that's true he's not being loyal to kyrie do why are demanding kyrie be loyal to him. Also, nobody knows the interplay bw these two guys. It's pretty clear from that wedding video where kyrie is with the guys from GS that he has issues with lebron. Who are we to say who's right/wrong in that instance

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People were bagging on him like he was just an average player......and he wouldn't do shit without James because didn't do shit before James got there. He's showing people he can play and be a leader.

Nobody ever said he was average. I was his most outspoken critic. I always said he was a great scorer (possibly best in the league), but had no other positive impact on the game, so his net output in terms of impact on winning was marginal. I still stand by that.

If Kyrie were playing now like he did in Cleveland last year, Boston would be hovering around .500.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a little unfair. Lebron has made it known that he is probably leaving Cleveland after this season. If that's true he's not being loyal to kyrie do why are demanding kyrie be loyal to him. Also, nobody knows the interplay bw these two guys. It's pretty clear from that wedding video where kyrie is with the guys from GS that he has issues with lebron. Who are we to say who's right/wrong in that instance

Not true.

LeBron never said he was leaving Cleveland. He just failed to correct people assuming he is. Big difference.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest reason, imo, that Kyrie is flourishing is that he's playing within an actual, legit offensive system. Cleveland has no offensive system. They are a hybrid iso, drive and kick offense that's Lebron dominated. Boston has a system where everyone touches the ball, players move without the ball and is more suited towards Kyrie's game. Instead of him having to just take turns with Lebron on every play, he's integrated within the offense. He can be always involved in every play, whether or not he's scoring, assisting, or acting as a decoy to draw defenders. When you're involved in the offense, it makes everyone happier. Look what it's done for KD's efficiency on offense and his defense. Systems matter and fit matters.

Agreed.

And I may have erred in attributing his playing style to Kyrie, when perhaps it was more on Lue, Blatt and LeBron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in Kyrie has a lot more to do with perception than reality.

Kyrie last year with the Cavs

Assist per game: 5.8
Usage: 30.8%
Isolation Play Frequency: 21.4%

Kyrie this year with Celtics (11 games)
Assis per game: 5.7
Usage: 29.2%
Isolation Play Frequency: 19.6%

I don't think it is perception. I get that these numbers look similar. But, where his shots are coming from is not.

Many of those ISO possessions in Cleveland were simply bad offense where Kyrie would dribble 37 times before jacking a shot. Those ISO possessions just don't look the same in Boston because the ball is moving to get to the ISO.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will always be an ISO element to Kyrie's game... he excels in that area and there are definitely times when such an attribute is needed.

I think the % percentage will come down slightly over time in Boston, though.

When Hayward went down, they need that from Kyrie more. It's a young team that's developing... the set offense isn't always going to hum.

But as the young guys develop, and everyone becomes more proficient in the schemes... that % will come down somewhat.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we got a thread on Irving... here's some vintage Kyrie from the other night... working over 4 Hawks defenders:

(Ok... maybe it was a travel at the end. Just maybe. :D)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we got a thread on Irving... here's some vintage Kyrie from the other night... working over 4 Hawks defenders:

(Ok... maybe it was a travel at the end. Just maybe. :D)

Notice though, it all started with a ball reversal.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Kyrie stop being such a dipshit!

RotatingGlobe.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice though, it all started with a ball reversal.

No way. It all started w/ the Earth being flat. You better recognize!