• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving: 'Vast difference' between cities of Boston, Cleveland

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet in your # 82 comment after calling Ainge a bitch you said this is a business & both sides gotta do what they have to in order to get where they want. So Ainge is a bitch for making this move thinking it'll make the Celtics better? And KD wasn't traded like IT was. KD joined a team he couldn't beat. The 2 situations aren't similar @ all.
Really, you don't see the similarities?

Both guys did what was best for themselves in the long-term.

Durant felt like he had gone as far as he could playing in OKC.

Danny felt like he had gone as far as he could with Thomas as his #1 option.

Both guys made a change despite the appearance of being disloyal.

I mean, let's be honest...

Would you be calling him a bitch if he had signed in Boston?

No, it's not the same as overstacking the deck like he's done in Golden State.

But, it would have put you at least even with the Cavs at minimum.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, you don't see the similarities?

Both guys did what was best for themselves in the long-term.

Durant felt like he had gone as far as he could playing in OKC.

Danny felt like he had gone as far as he could with Thomas as his #1 option.

Both guys made a change despite the appearance of being disloyal.

I mean, let's be honest...

Would you be calling him a bitch if he had signed in Boston?

No, it's not the same as overstacking the deck like he's done in Golden State.

But, it would have put you at least even with the Cavs at minimum.

I just don't see IT getting traded the same thing as KD joining a team he couldn't beat. Would I call KD a bitch had he joined the Celtics? No. Now let me explain why. When KD joined G.S. he joined a team that were the 2x defending conference champs w/ the 2x League MVP. In no way shape or form were the Celtics as loaded as the Warriors when KD ran to the team he couldn't beat. The rosters weren't similar @ all.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see IT getting traded the same thing as KD joining a team he couldn't beat. Would I call KD a bitch had he joined the Celtics? No. Now let me explain why. When KD joined G.S. he joined a team that were the 2x defending conference champs w/ the 2x League MVP. In no way shape or form were the Celtics as loaded as the Warriors when KD ran to the team he couldn't beat. The rosters weren't similar @ all.
I agree.

Look, the guy took the easy way out.

There is no debating that.

Not trying to move the goalposts in this discussion, but, he basically took Lebron's method of team stacking and multiplied it by infinity.

Like I said in my Original post, the thing I hate most about him leaving is the fact that it tipped the scales so dramatically.

He could have gone to any other team and it would have been fine.

I believe our disconnect here is that we are debating 2 different issues, and that's probably my fault.

You are saying he's a bitch , not because he left, but because of the Team he picked.

I am saying his lack of loyalty towards OKC is the same as Danny's lack of loyalty towards Thomas.

My bad.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to jump in the middle of this (even though that's what I'm doing lol). I think you're missing her point. One of the issues brought re: KD, aside from him going an already stacked team that had just beaten his team in the WCF, was the "lack of loyalty" that he showed the Thunder as an organization and it's fans.

Danny showed a "lack of loyalty" in trading away guys that the fans loved and who had given all they had to the organization and even helped recruit players that, unknown to them, they were never going to get to play with.

Both moves look bad from a "loyalty" perspective. However, both did made what was the best move for them long term. KD for himself and Danny for his organization.

As Mecca pointed out...KD felt that he had gone as far as he could in OKC and Danny felt that he had gone as far as he could in Boston with the roster they had. So, both made decisions to fix that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to jump in the middle of this (even though that's what I'm doing lol). I think you're missing her point. One of the issues brought re: KD, aside from him going an already stacked team that had just beaten his team in the WCF, was the "lack of loyalty" that he showed the Thunder as an organization and it's fans.

Danny showed a "lack of loyalty" in trading away guys that the fans loved and who had given all they had to the organization and even helped recruit players that, unknown to them, they were never going to get to play with.

Both moves look bad from a "loyalty" perspective. However, both did made what was the best move for them long term. KD for himself and Danny for his organization.

As Mecca pointed out...KD felt that he had gone as far as he could in OKC and Danny felt that he had gone as far as he could in Boston with the roster they had. So, both made decisions to fix that.

I never miss anything! Except my sobriety on the weekends! And I really wanna start an int-er-a-net fight w/ you but I agree w/ what you said. Also agreeing w/ a Lakers fan gives me a headache. Hey you ready for the season to tip off? I am.

Last edited:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

once in a while I can agree with an enemy poster, this is one such time/summary.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a business and both sides gotta do what they have to in order to get where they want.
Yep. Can't be mad at a guy who jumped at the best opportunity afforded to him. If such an opportunity presented its self to a GM like that best believe they're on it like white on rice.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree totally.

That's his job.

But, he's still a Dick.

As far as I know, I'm in the minority in that opinion.

I guess we will see if any of the players see it that way when the Celtics try to land another top guy.

My guess is, they won't give a shit as long as the money is long.
I hear ya, but I think in this case it was a no-brainer because the other guy is Kyrie. Not only do they get a better player in return but they'll also be saving money in the long run. Pretty business savvy to recognize the opportunity & not be afraid to pull the trigger.

Also, we know that if he is gun shy on that deal it might cost him is job.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca I get your argument but at the same time you argue Ainge had to do it. So............

Listen, Danny had no idea that Irving would want to leave. Secondly, I am sure the Cavs made it clear they wanted IT and Crowder. Third, IT made it clear also that he was wanting a max deal.

The one thing Danny Ainge could have done in those last hours was to call IT and say, I will give you a 4 year deal at lets say 15 to 20 per year. I cannot tell you why IT but if you cont accept this we must move another direction. Now perhaps this was already stated and perhaps IT rejected it. But once Kyrie became available and IT knew that the Cavs had made an offer, IT should have got on the phone with Danny and say "I will take less". IT wants his money, but that does not mean you do such a thing when a glaring opportunity pops up. It was a perfect storm for Danny, and he knew it.
The problem with this scenario is that IT & Kyrie play the same position. There is no working that out.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the comparison isn't between IT & KD. It's between Ainge & KD. Each of them were in the driver's seat at the fork in the road.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the comparison isn't between IT & KD. It's between Ainge & KD. Each of them were in the driver's seat at the fork in the road.

This is the 1st time I have ever seen a front office guy compared to a current player. So Ainge trading IT for Kyrie's on the same level as KD joining a team (not traded for by the GM) he couldn't beat? I guess we just look @ things differently.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 1st time I have ever seen a front office guy compared to a current player. So Ainge trading IT for Kyrie's on the same level as KD joining a team (not traded for by the GM) he couldn't beat? I guess we just look @ things differently.
Yes, their actions are what's being compared.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, but I think in this case it was a no-brainer because the other guy is Kyrie. Not only do they get a better player in return but they'll also be saving money in the long run. Pretty business savvy to recognize the opportunity & not be afraid to pull the trigger.

Also, we know that if he is gun shy on that deal it might cost him is job.
Agree.

There is no scenario, outside of having Davis, Kawhi, Gobert on the roster, that would make me feel slightly comfortable with maxing Thomas.

Danny absolutely should have pulled the trigger.

My only point was that you can't call Durant a bitch for being disloyal and not do the same with Ainge after he traded Thomas.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that's okay.

We can agree to disagree.

Rarely do people see things the exact same way.

Have you noticed that nobody has said a peep about CP3 skedaddling on the Clippers. But, everybody had an opinion when Kyrie and George did it?

I don't see any difference between the George and CP3 situations.

Both guys carried their franchises and their teams management failed them EPICALLY.

Paul George got demonized, CP3 got a pass.

Kyrie....He blew up a ECF Team.

But, didn't LeBron do the same when he bolted on the Heat?

Perception is reality....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once in a while I can agree with an enemy poster, this is one such time/summary.
You have always been reasonable and...well...logical, Logicman.....lol

Good luck this Season.

Can't wait to see game 1 and Kyrie putting those fools on skates....lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never miss anything! Except my sobriety on the weekends! And I really wanna start an int-er-a-net fight w/ you but I agree w/ what you said. Also agreeing w/ a Lakers fan gives me a headache. Hey you ready for the season to tip off? I am.

Can't wait for this season to start. Lakers aren't going to win a lot of games, but they should be fun to watch.

Your C's will win a lot of games and should also be fun to watch.