• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving: 'Vast difference' between cities of Boston, Cleveland

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD might be the first superstar to ever be presented with that chance. Just sayin'.

Yeah, I can't think of one that's had that chance. Pretty sure Lebron and a few others would do it if they did get the chance.

Everyone called Lebron a bitch for leaving to go to stacked teams...now, we have guys trying to team up all over the league.

The only problem with what KD did is that it literally took a perfect storm of circumstances for it to even be an option. It's not likely that we'll see those circumstances again. At least not any time soon. Which means it won't ever have the chance to become "the norm" like we have seen with what Lebron did.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have this worry that I can't find my keys. Shit I'm @ home, never mind! I mean my Celtics haven't gotten better enough to win that ultimate prize. It is what it is. There's one great team & that's it. No team in the NBA ( unless they have Michael Beasley) will win 4 outta 7 against the Warriors.

Gotta be honest though. I think KD's a bitch. I'll say this right now & I'll repeat it during the regular season. Can anyone name another superstar that joined a team he couldn't beat? That @ the time were the 2x defending conference champs? With the 2x league MVP?

No doubt LeBron's a dumbass. But for me KD has passed him for that title.
KD is a bitch.

But, so is Danny Ainge.

After the way Thomas, Crowder and Bradley were dumped in the garbage bins, AFTER they went balls to the wall to recruit, I have nothing left to say about Durant, LeBron, George, CP3 or any other player that wants to play buddy ball to get over the hump.

This is a business and both sides gotta do what they have to in order to get where they want.

I hate what Durant did.

But, only because he didn't join my team or any other team that would have put them on even footing with the Warriors.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is a bitch.

But, so is Danny Ainge.

After the way Thomas, Crowder and Bradley were dumped in the garbage bins, AFTER they went balls to the wall to recruit, I have nothing left to say about Durant, LeBron, George, CP3 or any other player that wants to play buddy ball to get over the hump.

This is a business and both sides gotta do what they have to in order to get where they want.

I hate what Durant did.

But, only because he didn't join my team or any other team that would have put them on even footing with the Warriors.
Did you know that during his playing days, Danny Ainge was traded for Joe freakin' Kleine?

1134330_display_image.jpg

Not only was Ainge traded for Joe freakin' Kleine... he was traded to the backwater that is the Sacramento freakin' Kings.

Red Auberbach did that to Ainge... after drafting Ainge and winning several championships with him.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know that during his playing days, Danny Ainge was traded for Joe freakin' Kleine?

1134330_display_image.jpg

Not only was Ainge traded for Joe freakin' Kleine... he was traded to the backwater that is the Sacramento freakin' Kings.

Red Auberbach did that to Ainge... after drafting Ainge and winning several championships with him.
Harsh...lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harsh...lol
I know, right?

Anyway, the point is: Ainge traded IT to a team with LeBron on it... ready to compete at the highest level for a championship. Seen in that light... is Ainge really such a bad guy?

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, right?

Anyway, the point is: Ainge traded IT to a team with LeBron on it... ready to compete at the highest level for a championship. Seen in that light... is Ainge really such a bad guy?
Yes, he's a fucking asshole.

It was the right thing to do for the Celtics future.

Nobody wants to max a 29 year old gimp, midget with major defensive liabilities.

But, it was cold as fuck, considering they made him think he was a part of their future and used him to recruit Hayward and Horford.

There is no way to spin it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he's a fucking asshole.

Nobody wants to max a 29 year old gimp, midget with major defensive liabilities.

But, it was cold as fuck, considering they made him think he was a part of their future and used him to recruit Hayward and Horford.

Ok, I hear ya... and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

However, based on the way you describe things... it seems to be the case that Ainge is damned if does and damned if he doesn't:

• Ainge trades IT... and he's smart but a cold-blooded bastard.
  • Ainge keeps IT and pays him big $$$ next year... now Ainge is making a bad business choice but loyal and fluffy.
No?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I hear ya... and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

However, based on the way you describe things... it seems to be the case that Ainge is damned if does and damned if he doesn't:

• Ainge trades IT... and he's smart but a cold-blooded bastard.
  • Ainge keeps IT and pays him big $$$ next year... now Ainge is making a bad business choice but loyal and fluffy.
No?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm suggesting.

Ainge has to do what's best for the Celtics.

He got a better, younger and after next Season cheaper, player.

The name on the front of the Jersey is more important than the one on the back..yaddy, yaddy, yaddy...

But, make no mistake, it was some cold shit.

They used this guy and discarded his ass without hesitation after he played with a broken heart and broken body.

Everyone talking shit about the Durant's and Lebron's of the world need to take a huge gulp of STFU because there is no loyalty from either sides.

th

It's every man * player, team, GM* for himself.

That's why I love the Duncan's, Dirk's, Cuban's and even Lakers for showing love and loyalty, even when they shouldn't.

Last edited:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's exactly what I'm suggesting.

Ainge has to do what's best for the Celtics.

He got a better, younger and after next Season cheaper, player.

The name on the front of the Jersey is more important than the one on the back..yaddy, yaddy, yaddy...

But, make no mistake, it was some cold shit.

They used this guy and discarded his ass without hesitation after he played with a broken heart and broken body.

Everyone talking shit about the Durant's and Lebron's of the world need to take a huge gulp of STFU because there is no loyalty from either sides.

th

It's every man * player, team, GM* for himself.

That's why I love the Duncan's, Dirk's, Cuban's and even Lakers for showing love and loyalty, even when they shouldn't.
Again... I hear ya. But if Ainge is gonna be damned any way he chooses, it kinda takes the bite out of any criticism. You've described a situation in which he literally can't win.

That aside... I'll take the side of the right business decision on this one. A good GM can't make calls based on Joe Buddy...

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Talk about shitting on the city that drafted you, and you won a ring there.:nono:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... I hear ya. But if Ainge is gonna be damned any way he chooses, it kinda takes the bite out of any criticism. You've described a situation in which he literally can't win.

That aside... I'll take the side of the right business decision on this one. A good GM can't make calls based on Joe Buddy...
Agree totally.

That's his job.

But, he's still a Dick.

As far as I know, I'm in the minority in that opinion.

I guess we will see if any of the players see it that way when the Celtics try to land another top guy.

My guess is, they won't give a shit as long as the money is long.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca I get your argument but at the same time you argue Ainge had to do it. So............

Listen, Danny had no idea that Irving would want to leave. Secondly, I am sure the Cavs made it clear they wanted IT and Crowder. Third, IT made it clear also that he was wanting a max deal.

The one thing Danny Ainge could have done in those last hours was to call IT and say, I will give you a 4 year deal at lets say 15 to 20 per year. I cannot tell you why IT but if you cont accept this we must move another direction. Now perhaps this was already stated and perhaps IT rejected it. But once Kyrie became available and IT knew that the Cavs had made an offer, IT should have got on the phone with Danny and say "I will take less". IT wants his money, but that does not mean you do such a thing when a glaring opportunity pops up. It was a perfect storm for Danny, and he knew it.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know about you old posting friend...

but everyone i know has had a hard on for the green since danny pulled this off.

Rock, lightening striked for Danny this last 6 months. And it was as much luck but also wise planning

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree totally.

That's his job.

But, he's still a Dick.

As far as I know, I'm in the minority in that opinion.

I guess we will see if any of the players see it that way when the Celtics try to land another top guy.

My guess is, they won't give a shit as long as the money is long.
Mecca, are you sure you're not just mad that he played the Clippers into trading for Doc, a so-called coach, not even a player?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca, are you sure you're not just mad that he played the Clippers into trading for Doc, a so-called coach, not even a player?
Well, hiring Doc got us a couple of extra years of CP3.

We squandered that time.

But, I was thankful for the period of being relevant.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca I get your argument but at the same time you argue Ainge had to do it. So............

Listen, Danny had no idea that Irving would want to leave. Secondly, I am sure the Cavs made it clear they wanted IT and Crowder. Third, IT made it clear also that he was wanting a max deal.

The one thing Danny Ainge could have done in those last hours was to call IT and say, I will give you a 4 year deal at lets say 15 to 20 per year. I cannot tell you why IT but if you cont accept this we must move another direction. Now perhaps this was already stated and perhaps IT rejected it. But once Kyrie became available and IT knew that the Cavs had made an offer, IT should have got on the phone with Danny and say "I will take less". IT wants his money, but that does not mean you do such a thing when a glaring opportunity pops up. It was a perfect storm for Danny, and he knew it.
Who said the Celtics should not have traded him?

I have stated repeatedly that Kyrie is the younger and better player and that it was the absolute right move.

But, my Original point still stands.

If Durant is a bitch for playing buddy ball and going to the Warriors, Danny is a bitch for trading Isiah.

Loyalty works both ways.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got you wrong Mecca. I thought you were stating that Danny should not trade IT.

Your saying he should have, but those that complain about Durant should recognize that everyone needs to look out for themselves. Right?

Reactions: LAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said the Celtics should not have traded him?

I have stated repeatedly that Kyrie is the younger and better player and that it was the absolute right move.

But, my Original point still stands.

If Durant is a bitch for playing buddy ball and going to the Warriors, Danny is a bitch for trading Isiah.

Loyalty works both ways.

Yet in your # 82 comment after calling Ainge a bitch you said this is a business & both sides gotta do what they have to in order to get where they want. So Ainge is a bitch for making this move thinking it'll make the Celtics better? And KD wasn't traded like IT was. KD joined a team he couldn't beat. The 2 situations aren't similar @ all.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is a bitch.

But, so is Danny Ainge.

I hate what Durant did.

I got you wrong Mecca. I thought you were stating that Danny should not trade IT.

Your saying he should have, but those that complain about Durant should recognize that everyone needs to look out for themselves. Right?

Yessir!

Above was my Original post that led to this discussion.

Even though we razz @Wamu about the Cavs, he is a die-hard Celtics fan and that's the reason my comparison of the two situations came up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessir!

Above was my Original post that led to this discussion.

Even though we razz @Wamu about the Cavs, he is a die-hard Celtics fan and that's the reason my comparison of the two situations came up.

I'm now a Lakers fan.:heh: