• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving: 'Vast difference' between cities of Boston, Cleveland

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone hates the Patriots, but I just can't force myself to do it. The dynasty they have put together is just too impressive not to respect. Love him or hate him, I think there is a compelling argument to be made that Bill Belichick is the greatest NFL coach of all-time.
if you had nice tits id make out with you

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s basically indisputable that Boston is nicer than Cleveland, but this seemed like a shot at Cleveland fans to me, as if Cleveland sports fans suck. They’ve gone through a lot of misery over the years. What Kyrie hasn’t yet experienced is that the Celtics are not the #1 show in town the way that the Cavs are in Cleveland.

i think you're wrong. EVERYONE i know where is just as giddy as we were when danny got us KG and ray ray. . most are glad the sox are done, so they can watch more celtics preseason etc.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the Kyrie in pre season playing defense and able to shoot w/o having to handle the ball in Brads system. Heck they had Horford bringing the ball down the court last night.
i dont know about you old posting friend...

but everyone i know has had a hard on for the green since danny pulled this off.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know about you old posting friend...

but everyone i know has had a hard on for the green since danny pulled this off.

Have you joined Kyrie's Flat Earth Believers Club yet?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone hates the Patriots, but I just can't force myself to do it. The dynasty they have put together is just too impressive not to respect. Love him or hate him, I think there is a compelling argument to be made that Bill Belichick is the greatest NFL coach of all-time.

Fv1v9eK.gif

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go two blocks, either direction, from the White House and you will think you are in Bagdad.

As shitacular as parts of Ohio are, there are many MANY places worse.

But, yeah....

Boston > Cleveland by a Country mile.

True & yet there are great areas within DC & lots of great places if you venture out further into VA & MD. Ditto for most cities/areas in the US. It also sounded like the previous recap from the poster sounded like his stay at the airport area in CLE. Cmon. That is not the actual city & the airport areas for most cities are not that great & most likely pretty boring.

Not saying that CLE is better or more entertaining than BOS, but I am sure that it has some good spots (never been anywhere in OH except Canton for a few days so I can't judge).

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus people!

Kyrie Irving says he was just trolling everyone with his flat Earth theory

i heard this interview. he was laughing. a lot

"Look, look. Here it is. All I want to do is be able to have that open conversation," Irving said. "It was all an exploitation tactic. It literally spun the world — your guy's world — it spun it into a frenzy and proved exactly what I thought it would do in terms of how all this works. It created a division, or, literally stand up there and let all these people threw tomatoes at me, or have somebody think I'm somehow a different intellectual person because I believe that the Earth is flat and you think the world is round. It created exactly that.

"It became like, because I think different, does that knock my intellectual capacity or the fact that I can think different things than you?" he asked. "That was the intent behind it. Do your own research, don't come to me and ask me. At the end of the day, you're going to feel and believe the way you want to feel. But don't knock my life over that.

"When I do something, I know my intent. And it proved what I thought it would," said Irving.

Last edited:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie has been lighting it up this preseason...

... I know, it's just preseason...

... but now that Kyrie has a bonafide coach and a bonafide 21st century offensive scheme around him, folks shouldn't be shocked to see a significantly more efficient Kyrie.

Boston's offense is gonna be sick this season.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure..but lets see if Kyrie still feels that way when the vindictive local media and racist fans get pissed when he misses a few shots
nah, the media was never bad to KG or ray ray. they wont be to kyrie. our media here is awful and we demand excellence here, but its not that bad for some guys.

hes already endeared himself to the fans and media.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that my friends, is cleveland

Wow, they got DETOUR signs!

I haven't spent much time in Cleveland and it was a long while back, so i can't say much about it...but i really enjoy Boston. Great town.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Whatever order you rank the Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots in Boston... 1a, 1b or 1c... they all get plenty of love and attention in Bean Town.

Plenty 'O Criticism when things go bad, too. I don't know if the scrutiny is nearly the same from the Plain Dealer as it is from the Boston Globe

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty 'O Criticism when things go bad, too. I don't know if the scrutiny is nearly the same from the Plain Dealer as it is from the Boston Globe

If the Celtics get don't off to a good start I'll put all the blame on Kyrie. And if they get off to a good start I'll credit everyone except him. Fuck dook!

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. But c'mon... Kyrie's been in the Finals, he's played with LeBron... he's no stranger to the media spotlight.

Irving is a big boy, I have little doubt he can handle this aspect.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early rumors are Kyrie will sit out the season opener in Cleveland.
Interesting....because just the other night LBJ said he only played (on his sore ankle) because it was a preseason game - but had it been a regular season game he would've sat out- and will have to see what the damage is in the morning.
Now, why would the best player on the planet risk playing in the last preseason game at the expense of possibly having to sit out of the regular season opener? Things like this are why people dislike him.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus people!

Kyrie Irving says he was just trolling everyone with his flat Earth theory

i heard this interview. he was laughing. a lot

"Look, look. Here it is. All I want to do is be able to have that open conversation," Irving said. "It was all an exploitation tactic. It literally spun the world — your guy's world — it spun it into a frenzy and proved exactly what I thought it would do in terms of how all this works. It created a division, or, literally stand up there and let all these people threw tomatoes at me, or have somebody think I'm somehow a different intellectual person because I believe that the Earth is flat and you think the world is round. It created exactly that.

"It became like, because I think different, does that knock my intellectual capacity or the fact that I can think different things than you?" he asked. "That was the intent behind it. Do your own research, don't come to me and ask me. At the end of the day, you're going to feel and believe the way you want to feel. But don't knock my life over that.

"When I do something, I know my intent. And it proved what I thought it would," said Irving.

I've never seen someone backpedal so late.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Boston, I'm driving in and [thinking], 'I'm really playing in a real, live sports city?" Irving told reporters on Wednesday, in comments published by The Charlotte Observer.

"A lot of different cultures, food and people. You get it all, especially in Boston," the All-Star point guard also said. "You would go to Cleveland and it would be at nighttime and things would be going on, but you just see a vast difference."

Remember, Irving and the Celtics open in Cleveland on Tuesday night.
So...sports town = clubbing and less white people.

Seems legit

Keep him out of Chicago or he'll demand a trade