• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kwontie Moore..and a little on JC Coleman

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTP asked my opinion on Kwontie Moore so i figured that I would just post it here.

First off, I am no talent evaluator, but I did play football for a long time and even had some interesting walk on offers. I happened to play on the defensive side of the ball, at all 3 linebacker positions and both safety positions, so I kind of know what to look for.

Anyhow, my thoughts on Moore:

Damn does he look the part. He is every bit of 6'2" if not a little taller and solidly built. There is no bad weight on him at all and he has the frame to get up to 250 if he wants to, and with Gentry, I imagine he will. He is a slightly more well built Bruce taylor clone, as far as looks go. Taylor carried his weight a little lower (the proverbial football bubble butt that draft evaluators always talk about) and Moore could stand to add some weight lower, but that is about it.

As far as his film goes, he is clearly the most dominant player on the field both when he has the ball and when he in on D. My only concern is that he stays very high when making tackles and muscles guys down. This works in high school when you are the freak, but not college where everyone is the freak. Ask JGW ;). That being said, he is very quick and instinctual and may have some of the best read and react speed that I have seen on film since Adibi (better than Grant, Hughes and Anthony FTR)

His combine stuff showed a decent burst and good makeup speed as well. He did bite on a few fakes, but in camps you are trying to explode, so not a big concern to me. He has quick feet an a good gait. I wish he would stay as low in the games as he does in the combine, but that can be coached.

His interview shows a shy, somewhat "aw shucks" kind of guy who is very religious and family oriented. SOme kids fake that but I do not get that impression with him. The first thing that he mentioned when talking about the spring game was getting there early and going to the FCA breakfast. I think that he truly is a good kid with good parents and that in and of itself will eliminate UNC in the long run s more comes out about them when the draft is over.

No bones about it, this kid is right up there with Harold, Kirven and Ekanem among the best in the state behind Caleb and is a huge target at place of need. he could come in and redshirt next year and then step in as the heir apparent for BT as he is basically a BT clone. I want him bad but he will be a battle. I think that he stays in state and it will be us against UVA in the long run but it is super early.

Moore is #27

Also, in watching some of Moore's camp film I got to see some more of JC Coleman and all I have to say is :D, we got a kid who will end up in the top 6-7 in the state by years end. Also, I do not believe the weight he is listed as. He seems thicker. Dion Lewis for sure.

A lil extra:

(have I mentioned how much I hate rap?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, we offered his teammate and good friend Mario Nixon yesterday and his coach indicates that that means a lot the whole crew. Wynn is also his teammate and there is a fourth (Wahee) who is getting serious looks from our coaches.

Check the front page of Beamerball's free site for a look at this years recruiting class, BTW.

I love this quote from Nixon as well:

"I think this offer probably tops them all. It's coming from a big-time ACC team, a big-time program like this, this is pretty big for me."

He already has a UVA offer......

:drum:

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You da man 46. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Awesome post. Man, I really, really hope we can land this kid.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
if my memory is correct Nixon has been high on VT for a long time and was kinda waiting on our offer. You never know what is going on with these guys but i wouldnt be surprised if nixon gave us his pledge in the not so distant future (<--- in the next month or so).

BTW: We hear every year about teammates that want to play together in college but that almost never works out. IMO these guys may be the exception.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a good chance we land all 3 of these guys together. Wahee could be the wildcard here, and we may see a scenario where VT and UVA offer him to try and get the whole Norfolk Christian package. I like where VT stands right now, though.