• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KU Game Thread

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, hate to see Crawford hurt. Time to put the 2's in

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, let's go Chuggs

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad this week was Kansas, I saw most of the game on TV. Our offense is a work in progress, Like Holgorsen said, I will take the win, but there is work to do. Shell was greatly missed, I know he was not pushed due to it being an easy game this week, but our power running was missing this week. Crawford is a threat to go long any time he gets the rock, but he is not a power back. McCoy has some great moves, but needs some "years behind the mast". Kansas studied that OSU game, had a good game plan, but didn't have the horsepower to pull it off, Texas and OU do, so our offense better be in tune by then. Our defense had better strap it up tight too, OU will pound it down our throats with a hell of a running attack. We have one "sure" win left, and three tough games, it would be awesome to win out, but nearly impossible, Texas looks to be playing better now, as does OU, IAST is IAST, but can be a spoiler for sure, Baylor is a huge question mark right now, the wheels seem to be coming off. Looking for an interesting end of the season!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure Texas is playing better....That game with Tech was horrible....only reason Texas was in the game was because Tech could not tackle to save their lives lol If we can shut down the run, which I think we will because we can tackle, I think we win this game.

Much like you I am worried about Oklahoma, but more because they are Oklahoma, more than anything else. I do not think they have been very good this year and I do not think this is one of their better teams. I hope DH goes back to our roots a little bit against them and tries to light them up through the air. I am glad they are playing Baylor the week before us.

I think we have a great shot at 9-1. Fact is we play in a conf where we cannot afford to take weeks off....the next 4 will be a good test for our team, I think they are built to handle the load and get us some wins

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure Texas is playing better....That game with Tech was horrible....only reason Texas was in the game was because Tech could not tackle to save their lives lol If we can shut down the run, which I think we will because we can tackle, I think we win this game.

Much like you I am worried about Oklahoma, but more because they are Oklahoma, more than anything else. I do not think they have been very good this year and I do not think this is one of their better teams. I hope DH goes back to our roots a little bit against them and tries to light them up through the air. I am glad they are playing Baylor the week before us.

I think we have a great shot at 9-1. Fact is we play in a conf where we cannot afford to take weeks off....the next 4 will be a good test for our team, I think they are built to handle the load and get us some wins
Texas has been running the ball very effectively the past few weeks and has some giants for O linemen, their running game has me worried, our defense struggles with strong running teams at times, and I think they will try to run, run and run some more to limit out touches. If WVU can get a ten point lead and make Texas play catch up, we will win, and comfortably, but if Texas gets that 10 point lead, and plays from ahead, I think we will have a long day, they may have a poor W L record, but they have great talent, and if they can get their act together they will start winning. I just hope they don't start winning this week!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their running numbers were good last week, but if you watched it Tech had them behind the line and stuck in the holes but just could not tackle. I think that guy had 200 yards last week, but like i said I am not sure that had anything to do with Texas talent as it had to do with lack of talent on the defense.

We have been pretty strong against the run so far, in conf we have given up the fewest TD's but you are correct we have the top 4 (we are 3rd in conf) rushing teams over the last 4 weeks.

Texas will definitly try t run on us, but I think more than other years we are prepared for it....our D line is a bit tougher than years past.

I still think we beat Texas, they are running it about the same clip as they ran it last year and I do not think there is a big gap in talent on teams....if your counting stars maybe, but on field production not so much.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has been running the ball very effectively the past few weeks and has some giants for O linemen, their running game has me worried, our defense struggles with strong running teams at times, and I think they will try to run, run and run some more to limit out touches. If WVU can get a ten point lead and make Texas play catch up, we will win, and comfortably, but if Texas gets that 10 point lead, and plays from ahead, I think we will have a long day, they may have a poor W L record, but they have great talent, and if they can get their act together they will start winning. I just hope they don't start winning this week!!
Agree, Texas is learning that if they pound the rock like they are capable of doing then they can win games. Dangerous game coming up imo, I don't think ISU can be taken lightly either regardless of their record. Cant believe we only have 4 games left!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, Texas is learning that if they pound the rock like they are capable of doing then they can win games. Dangerous game coming up imo, I don't think ISU can be taken lightly either regardless of their record. Cant believe we only have 4 games left!
you are right!!!, In college football, you can't take ANY game as an automatic win anymore. I am thinking 2-2 these last four games, wins against IAST and Baylor, and losses to Texas and OU, we are certainly capable of winning all four, or losing all four. How cool would it be to win all four, and have someone knock off OSU?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad this week was Kansas, I saw most of the game on TV. Our offense is a work in progress, Like Holgorsen said, I will take the win, but there is work to do. Shell was greatly missed, I know he was not pushed due to it being an easy game this week, but our power running was missing this week. Crawford is a threat to go long any time he gets the rock, but he is not a power back. McCoy has some great moves, but needs some "years behind the mast". Kansas studied that OSU game, had a good game plan, but didn't have the horsepower to pull it off, Texas and OU do, so our offense better be in tune by then. Our defense had better strap it up tight too, OU will pound it down our throats with a hell of a running attack. We have one "sure" win left, and three tough games, it would be awesome to win out, but nearly impossible, Texas looks to be playing better now, as does OU, IAST is IAST, but can be a spoiler for sure, Baylor is a huge question mark right now, the wheels seem to be coming off. Looking for an interesting end of the season!!!!

Okay DAD I do try an stay with you as much as I can..but how was the running game missing..Wv had two backs go over 100 plus yards on the day and 341 total rushing yards for the day as well as two wide outs catch 100 plus yards and 605 yards of total offense!..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay DAD I do try an stay with you as much as I can..but how was the running game missing..Wv had two backs go over 100 plus yards on the day and 341 total rushing yards for the day as well as two wide outs catch 100 plus yards and 605 yards of total offense!..
We went backwards the first two times we had the ball, 3rd and goal at the 1ft and we get nothing out of it, Shell was missed. This was against KANSAS, not Oklahoma. If Shell were playing, we do not go backward, and we get that TD.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went backwards the first two times we had the ball, 3rd and goal at the 1ft and we get nothing out of it, Shell was missed. This was against KANSAS, not Oklahoma. If Shell were playing, we do not go backward, and we get that TD.

Still just one series and I am not sure why we did not look at that third down....but overall we had a very solid day running the ball.

First glance it looks like we might be without Shell again

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Shell could have played against KU. They didn't need him, so an extra week off was good for healing.

In Tuesday's presser, Seider said all 3 of his backs were good for Texas.