• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KSU Game Thread

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure it wasn't called because he caught it, the penalty would have been declined anyway. PI is 15 yards from LOS, not even Holgorsen would accept the penalty over a huge gain.
Misinterpretation of the rules here. Personal foul facemask is 15 yards after the play.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sT through game. We were clearly the better team all day. Their pressure got to skyler. He missed seeing wide open receivers. I thought the shell fumble was the end of the game. Coaches made great halftime adjustments in the second half.

My biggest beef with Holgerson has been losing games like this. Not this time. He out coached the wizard and deserves his kudos

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we win? From the posts on this board, the Dana haters could not find 1 silver lining. I admit, I left the house with 2:20 left on the clock because I did not want to see what I thought was going to be a tremendous fight in the 2nd half come down to KSU winning by the FG. I turned on the radio and while sitting at a stop light listen to Hoppy say that "He missed it". I guess the people in the cars around me did not appreciate me screaming "Fucking A". I forgot my windows were down. Finally!

Lambert's miss was big, but we had the whole game to recover from that. I thought that Shell's fumble was the death sentence also. Skyler's accidental kneel down on the 1/2 yard line was salvaged by Justin Crawford's off tackle score. I was surprised to see Shell back late in the game. Dana did seem to press a little in the 2nd quarter by calling a lot of pass plays and not sticking with the balance attack that he has done over the last 2 seasons, but he went back to it. We see a HC maturing right before our eyes and can't see the forest for the trees. KSU looked rather undisciplined in their clock management and for a team who was leading the whole game, they did not seem to show it with their body language. Even a potential HOF HC has a bad moment every once in a while. But give him a pass, after all he is Bill Snyder with 100 years of coaching experience. Who would have thought that a Red Bull drinking offense coordinator would beat him?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is what you say when you are a true Dana hater after a win -

Brent Morrow
Who cares if we play these teams/...and travel a 1000+ milees to do so...wvU needs to get out of the big looser 12 and start play in rregion rivalies...and join a new easter power conf. that will be forming when the big 1 collapses...and we need a real...COACH.....holgy not getting it done...

Sound familiar?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like Holgorsen, I do not think he is a good coach, but I will admit he IS learning, albeit slowly. Saying he outcoached Snyder in this game is a stretch, though, there were still MANY WVU coaching and execution blunders. Another: I was thinking PI, not PF, sorry! I will take the win, but clammering how Holgorsen outcoached Snyder because of a missed FG is ridiculous!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Snyder out-coached him and lost? Sure I guess that matters....:scratch:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half way through the 4th quarter I texted my buddies and said I am off the DH train.... cause for some damn reason he goes diamond formation in the redone and slows down the offense. Please for the love of god change it up..... Next trip he gets out of it and runs power then next trip he runs spread. 2 TDs

So yes this win is on me! lol

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Snyder out-coached him and lost? Sure I guess that matters....:scratch:

Yeah... Snyder out coached Holgorsen but was unlucky that his pure FG kicker missed one from 43.

Dana was lucky to win. Snyder mismanaged the clock. Snyder couldn't get his players in the right position/formation... even coming out of TO's.

But, Snyder outcoached our guy. He didn't benefit from Lambert missing a chip shot FG. Nor did he benefit from Shell fumbling it at the 2 yd line. Nope... Dana was the only one lucky last night.

WVU dominated KSU in every category but TOP and TO's.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno about the "out coached Snyder" stuff but I DID feel pretty good about a WVU game winning drive at that point had Dana not been able to coach that FG a foot and a half to the left.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana had already coached his own FG kicker to miss to the left... so, what is so hard about coaching up one of KSU's kickers to do the same thing?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I am not sure about who out coached who...but I am glad for the win, IMHO this win will be significant down the stretch...could be the difference in a possible Big 12 title...KSU is going to beat a lot of teams this year..

Not sure If I would agree that Wv was the better team all day, the offense line had its ass handed to them in the first half...Howard missed some throws and had happy feet in the pocket because of the pressure...Dana made some great adjustments at half time to move him around.

Could be just me, but I am always impressed how Snyder gets his team ready every friggin Saturday to play football.. This may not have been his best in game coaching job but I'll give him a pass!

Observations...#75 for that team was a beast!.... I thought Gibson made some horrible defensive calls on 3rd and long...he's lucky it didn't cost Wv the football game..why would you drop 8 deep and rush 3 when bringing pressure was working all day on 3rd and long...In my Monday Morning QB mind he should have continued to try and the ball out of that QB's hands as fast as possible in those situations..that kid should have never been in position to kick a game winning field goal

On the flip side I am glad to see them get other kids in at LB this week based off of the prior weeks performance...it made a difference!..

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outcoached?

Holgs made great halftime adjustments. We dominated the second half on both offense and defense. Missed Field goal and goal line fumble and the game is not close.

Timeouts. Defense switched in and out of blitz looks. KSU burned all of their time outs early. Holgs used his time outs perfectly at the end of the game. Had they made the FG, we had plenty of time to answer. Had KSt not used those time outs early, we would have had to made a first down at the end of the game rather than take a knee 3 times to run out the clock.

Momentum: Even after the fumble, we were able to keep pounding. It would have been very easy to quit at that time 13 points down.

So many games I have watched thinking we are going to win, we are going to win, and we lose. I was thinking all game that the wizard would beat us.

For me and many fans, this was a big game for Holgs. Coached well, got a monkey off his back, come from behind victory, sellout, great crowd. Had this been a loss, his seat would become really hot.