• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kopitar with 4 Goals!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured I'd give a shoutout to Brown for also scoring 4 goals. Pretty interesting to not have any Kings score 4 goals for like 30 years, and then 2 guys do it 2 weeks apart.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had a great season. I really hope the lack of the C has cleared his mind and this is the eventual result. Cant really say its been puck luck or anything like that as he has been doing the work and getting rewarded. That first goal on the deflection while spinning and having his stick on the wrong side of the shot and being able to get the goal was pretty good

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other expiring ELC in 2019 is the young goaltender, Cal Peterson. He'll be #1 all next year in Ontario. He may easily challenge to back up Quick the following year. Assuming Quick is still solid and healthy, Kings may have a bit of a Fleury/Murray conundrum on hand come a 2020 Expansion. Hope Peterson gets enough starts in NHl to warrant a decent return in a trade.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had a great season. I really hope the lack of the C has cleared his mind and this is the eventual result. Cant really say its been puck luck or anything like that as he has been doing the work and getting rewarded. That first goal on the deflection while spinning and having his stick on the wrong side of the shot and being able to get the goal was pretty good

He dipped a bit in the middle of the season and then the last 2 months or so picked it up again. I was very skeptical of his pace all season long and for a while I had it right but he proved me wrong. Very happy to be wrong because a) it helped LA get back to the POs and b) he finally earned a year of that $5.875 million per season he was signed to, 4 years into the 8 year deal. He played like a close to $6 million player this season finally.

That said...I don't expect a replication of this season from him next year. Dumbo had a chance to trade him when his value was very high right after the 2012 Cup and didn't even though the writing was on the wall that his play was well in decline prior to that and then giving him the new deal pretty much lost any opportunity to move him resulting in handcuffs on any major improvements.

If Blake is smart he will shop him this summer while his value is high again, probably the highest it has ever been considering he is 33-34 and probably won't hit this peak again during the remaining 4 years on the deal.