• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks could be first team...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the winning coaches of the last 40 years in the NBA coach like that. Not a single one.

The other thing he is missing is that coaching is a management position. Just like an office manager in business or any other industry.

Does a manager get better results when he/she uses incentives and gets their employees to buy into the company vision and legitimately want the company to succeed? Or does the manager get better results by threatening to punish/fire their employees? People are most productive at work when they want to be there and believe in what they are doing.

The answer is obvious. Old school coaching worked back then because people didn't know any better.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so its ok with you guys that players today like a derrik rose can walk away from his team, disappear, come back and suffer no consequence in this era of coaching /mgmt?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so its ok with you guys that players today like a derrik rose can walk away from his team, disappear, come back and suffer no consequence in this era of coaching /mgmt?

What the hell does that have to do with Hornacek or the Knicks?

But personally no I don't approve of Rose's antics. No one else does either. I doubt there's 'no consequence'.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does that have to do with Hornacek or the Knicks?

But personally no I don't approve of Rose's antics. No one else does either. I doubt there's 'no consequence'.

see thats just it, if u ain't a knicks fan.... last year rose left the knicks, went home to his mama, came back, and they F N played hiz azz, he would have been told to stay home in my day!

and as far as hornysuk? he's a puff!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see how many points harden scores tonight, cause we know how well hornysuk shadows star players... i say he scores 51

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21-3 knicks without portsingis & the turk? ok lol we still lose by 20

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 23 point lead washed away, hornysuk, has no f n clue.. where's mcdermott to counter all the 3's by anderson?.... hornysuk is beyond clueless. ! hardaway is garbage!

Kp, who the F does he think he is picking games to sit out? this is an absolute JOKE organization!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. I don't think that is okay at all.

Players need to be held accountable. But, coaches also need to realize it works best when it is a partnership. All the best coaches I have worked with have put leadership back on the players. It is their team and the team will only be successful if the players buy into the vision. It is the coach's job to get everyone to buy in.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know about you, but i have been coached at every level, and i never seen a coach that has your views/opinions win a thing!

there is a reason why all "major" sports are losing audience. and, its not because of the money the players are making. its because of the lack of RESPECT for the the GAME with their attitudes! ATTITUDES , its the COACHES job to whatever he can to curtail this behavior!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesn't work cause none of them have the balls to do it! i don't care what level a player is today, they need TOUGH LOVE! thats how you get respect! thats how you get them to play up to their potential! why do you think most coaches SUCK in NBA, and college coaches don't? cause they get through to the player where the nba coach are a bunch a puzzies! why don't most college coaches want to coach in the NBA?

I'm as old school as it gets in my views on coaching. However, in order to stay in the game, coaches need to be willing to change with the times or they need to retire.

The days of the coach barking orders while the players do as they're told without question or they're gone, are over. Coaches at the college level have more control than coaches at the NBA level for obvious reasons.

In college, they are still dependent on coaches for playing time, they are still learning the game and the coach holds a lot of sway over their NBA futures. Even at that, college coaches no longer have the level of control that they used to because they have players for much shorter periods of time than they used to. They also know that difference making kids (the ones that are how they keep their jobs) aren't coming if the coach is still trying to be Bobby Knight.

By the time they get to the NBA, players are now playing basketball as their job, make more money than their coaches and expect to be part of the collaborative effort and have their opinions heard. Smart coaches know this and include players in it because, after all, they are the ones on the court experiencing what works and what doesn't first hand.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
' coaches who are barking out orders. pretty sure popovich, belichek, torterella, showalter get their players to buy in by being just that.. all are still coaching, and doing quite well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
' coaches who are barking out orders. pretty sure popovich, belichek, torterella, showalter get their players to buy in by being just that.. all are still coaching, and doing quite well.

Belicek yes. The NFL is different.

Popovich defitnely not. He is a very progressive coach. His players respect and listen to him, but e listens to them as well.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u guys are so literal, believe me, they don't have to bark out orders!!!!!! body language says a lot too. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know about you, but i have been coached at every level, and i never seen a coach that has your views/opinions win a thing!

there is a reason why all "major" sports are losing audience. and, its not because of the money the players are making. its because of the lack of RESPECT for the the GAME with their attitudes! ATTITUDES , its the COACHES job to whatever he can to curtail this behavior!

You have been coached at every level? That would mean you played professionally which I know isn't true.

I have had coaches like yours too. I am a coach myself as a hobby (varsity assistant) and have worked with many head coaches. Some good, some bad. The coaches who let players walk all over them aren't successful. That isn't what I am talking about. I am talking about a culture of mutual respect. That does not happen today for the "my way or the highway" coaches. Especially not in the NBA.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes i did play a sport professionally, respected by my peers too. not basketball, but, was recruited by colleges to play both! and i speak purely from experience, not just the physical aspects of the game, but the mental parts of it as well! my coaches respected me not just because of my abilities, but because of my work ethic... if, i did not play up to my potential, another one of my coaches clutched me by the throat! thats where i come from!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes i did play a sport professionally, respected by my peers too. not basketball, but, was recruited by colleges to play both! and i speak purely from experience, not just the physical aspects of the game, but the mental parts of it as well! my coaches respected me not just because of my abilities, but because of my work ethics... if, i did not play up to my potential, another one of my coaches clutched me by the throat! thats where i come from!

You didn't play basketball professionally and were clearly from a different era. Times are different. I understand your prospective, but any coach at any level clutches a player by the throat today, and they would get fired and possibly face assault charges.

Yes. Old school coaching does toughen players. But, in basketball it also makes players too reactive. They play with a fear of making mistakes which yields far less productive play than someone who is held accountable, but still has freedom to make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. Coaches included.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i completely understand where you guys are coming from, and for the most part, ownership is more the problem then anything else today.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i completely understand where you guys are coming from, and for the most part, ownership is more the problem then anything else today.

That I agree with.

Money has created a much different power structure