• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks could be first team...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mutt & jeff, you should have stayed away! WTF!!!

in prior posts you claim the knicks roster to be flawed, now you say the players playing for the cavs didn't play under hornysuk.

confused much?

Please enlighten me then.

Name 1 player currently on the Cavs who played for Hornacek in NY?

Go ahead. I will wait.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what wait , l'll be back after 20 martinis to be at your level...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what wait , l'll be back after 20 martinis to be at your level...

I will wait.

But, there is not a single one. You do realize Rose isn't on the Cavs anymore, right? If you were paying even the slightest bit of attention you would know that. Calderon left NY before Horny took over. Like I said, not 1 player that Horny coached.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again for the 10th tiime, its matters none the name of the coach the last 5+ years, according to u 2 the ROSTERS WERE FLAWED, so why take so many of our players if they suck?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again for the 10th tiime, its matters none the name of the coach the last 5+ years, according to u 2 the ROSTERS WERE FLAWED, so why take so many of our players if they suck?

Really?

First off, Cleveland's roster is seriously flawed too.

Second, even flawed rosters have quality pieces on them.

Third, Jose Calderon is not a quality piece. JR Smith has had his ups and downs, but certainly has not been quality this year.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got me!!! you're the best, i bow down to both of u dudes! sorry, who would think the mecca of basketball, biggest market n NBA would bring over, pick the worst players in the game for the last some odd years....

thank you sir may i have another!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got me!!! you're the best, i bow down to both of u dudes! sorry, who would think the mecca of basketball, biggest market n NBA would bring over, pick the worst players in the game for the last some odd years....

thank you sir may i have another!

Well, the results kind of speak for themselves.

And yes, they have brought in some pretty terrible players. Their last FA signing of any consequence was Melo. Hell, they paid Tim Hardaway Jr. like 17 million a year. He is a 15 minute per game bench player on any good team, but he is the Knicks leading scorer.

Yeah, your roster is awful beyond Porzingas. Definetly among the worst in the NBA.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every roster is made up of professional athletes u mook. a coaches job, first and foremost is to stress conditioning and discipline from his players. you don't implement this you got nothing! and that why the knicks suck! no coach in the last 5 years demanded this from his players, because the owner is a libtard.

and, the signing of hardaway, you got no argument from me, he f n sucks!

let me ask u a question, you have a roster who doesn't have a top 10 player in league, you gonna run & gun vs every team, or r u gonna have a game plan?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every roster is made up of professional athletes u mook. a coaches job, first and foremost is to stress conditioning and discipline from his players. you don't implement this you got nothing! and that why the knicks suck! no coach in the last 5 years demanded this from his players, because the owner is a libtard.

and, the signing of hardaway, you got no argument from me, he f n sucks!

let me ask u a question, you have a roster who doesn't have a top 10 player in league, you gonna run & gun vs every team, or r u gonna have a game plan?

You have no clue. You make it sound like every professional player should be interchangeable. There are many tiers of skill and ability.

If you have a bad roster, like the Knicks clearly do, there is no chance for success. None. A great coach might be able to steal a couple extra wins here and there, but the difference between a 29 win season and a 34 season is meaningless. Both teams are still completely irrelevant, but at least the 29 win squad gets a couple extra ping pong balls.

So while you fixate on the coach, what I keep telling you is that all this energy is misguided. Until you get somebody in there who can assemble a quality roster, the Knicks will continue to be a laughing stock. The coach matters not until you get some actual good players.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you have had very little experience as an athlete. and get the f out of here with your interchangeable BS! The knicks had a formidable roster 2 years ago, brought over all stars who were just a little past their prime! Players like rose, Noah, even Jennings who absolutely owned the knicks, Melo ,one of the best scorers in game and others who even the media, yes the ny media, felt the new guys would make the knicks a contender. And what happened???? They did not Even make PS. And why? Because they did not bring in a coach who knows how to handle them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you have had very little experience as an athlete. and get the f out of here with your interchangeable BS! The knicks had a formidable roster 2 years ago, brought over all stars who were just a little past their prime! Players like rose, Noah, even Jennings who absolutely owned the knicks, Melo ,one of the best scorers in game and others who even the media, yes the ny media, felt the new guys would make the knicks a contender. And what happened???? They did not Even make PS. And why? Because they did not bring in a coach who knows how to handle them.

No, they didn't.

The guys they brought in were not a little past their prime. They were completely washed up.

1 year later, Melo is literally the reason the Thunder lost because his 26 minutes a game were 26 minutes too many. Noah is the worst contract in the entire NBA and Rose has had decent moments as a back up for the Wolves, but he played like 30 games (shocker).

Last year's roster was never going to make the playoffs because of how far those stars had fallen. If the NY media thought they could contend, they were ridiculous homers. Nobody here thought that outside of perhaps a couple delusional Knicks fans.

If you want to pretend like the Knicks have league average talent, then go right ahead. But, you will just end up being disappointed year after year because they don't. Not even close.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very easy to say now!

bottom line is a good coach knows how to manipulate, gets players to buy in, demands respect from his players..

lots of former knick players have gone on to have success elsewhere, but you will deny that as well i'm sure

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very easy to say now!

bottom line is a good coach knows how to manipulate, gets players to buy in, demands respect from his players..

lots of former knick players have gone on to have success elsewhere, but you will deny that as well i'm sure

Lots? Name 2.

And which coaches would have won with that lineup? Stevens, Popovich, Kerr?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very easy to say now!

Now?!? What @tlance said is pretty much exactly what everyone here said when the Knicks signed them.

Heck, I'm a big Noah fanboy and I was saying he had nothing left. Derrick Rose has never been able to stay healthy and it's likely to only get worse as he gets older.

It doesn't matter who the coach is or how much the players "buy in" if the players have nothing left/can't stay on the court/just plain ol' suck. No one in the league plays harder than Noah...but the guy has nothing left. You could have a coaching staff of Popovich, Stevens, Jackson, Riley and Red Auerbach's skeleton and it's not getting that group to the playoffs.

Where? Are they running successful businesses? Tearing it up in Europe? The Big Baller League? Because they aren't having it in the NBA.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantoni Woodson rambis fisher hornysuk!!!

Ariza gallanari chandler mozcov !!!

Last 5 coaches , do I need say more?

Some of the players who went on to help their teams

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Antoni is currently coaching a potential NBA champion. At one point during his tenure, he actually had the Knicks playing fairly well and winning some games playing his system. Then Melo returned from injury, demanded his iso's, the offense ground to a halt and the team fell apart. In short, he was doing just fine with the limited resources he was given until Melo got him fired by refusing to go along with what was actually working.

Woodson, Rambis and Fisher are decent, but probably better suited as assistants. Hornacek is actually a good coach.

And the point that you continually fail to grasp is...it doesn't matter who the coach is if you don't have players who are good enough to win.

Porzingis and bunch of journeymen/guys barely good enough to be in the league is all the Knicks have right now and if Porzingis has a decent agent, they won't have him much longer either.

Last edited:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they didn't.

The guys they brought in were not a little past their prime. They were completely washed up.

1 year later, Melo is literally the reason the Thunder lost because his 26 minutes a game were 26 minutes too many. Noah is the worst contract in the entire NBA and Rose has had decent moments as a back up for the Wolves, but he played like 30 games (shocker).

Last year's roster was never going to make the playoffs because of how far those stars had fallen. If the NY media thought they could contend, they were ridiculous homers. Nobody here thought that outside of perhaps a couple delusional Knicks fans.

If you want to pretend like the Knicks have league average talent, then go right ahead. But, you will just end up being disappointed year after year because they don't. Not even close.

I agree with everything except one thing. The worst contract in the history of basketball was the deal Adidas gave to Rose.

As far as the Knicks.

Everyone except Phil Jackson knew Noah was done. That was an atrocity.

The Rose trade sucked because there was no up side. They gave up a serviceable center in Lopez who had a friendly contract and if Rose did well they would have had a choice between giving him a contract with his paper mache knees or watch him walk for nothing. You had to know he wasn't going to be a team player as he tried to compile points in order to try and get his next contract. With him and Melo you knew Kristaps growth would be stunted due to not getting the ball. Rose ended up being a cancer in the locker room, went MIA to visit his Mommy, the team still stank but won just enough to knock them out of a top 5 pick.

Now they have a young star who looks like he can't stay healthy and a ton of money tied up in Hardaway (Not a bad player but overpaid) and Noah who has developed into a cancer because he can't accept he's done.

Now they are going to hire yet another coach and pick again outside of the top 5.

It's funny how the Knicks and Rangers are run differently. The Rangers had a decent run, didn't win it all but thanks to the goalie got to a finals and 3 conference finals in a 5 year perios. They made the playoffs overall 12 out of 13 years. They saw they weren't going anywhere this year, sent a letter to season ticket holders saying to be prepared for major trades and then stock piled draft picks and cap room. There is a plan.

If the Knicks have a plan no one knows just what the hell it is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything except one thing. The worst contract in the history of basketball was the deal Adidas gave to Rose.

As far as the Knicks.

Everyone except Phil Jackson knew Noah was done. That was an atrocity.

The Rose trade sucked because there was no up side. They gave up a serviceable center in Lopez who had a friendly contract and if Rose did well they would have had a choice between giving him a contract with his paper mache knees or watch him walk for nothing. You had to know he wasn't going to be a team player as he tried to compile points in order to try and get his next contract. With him and Melo you knew Kristaps growth would be stunted due to not getting the ball. Rose ended up being a cancer in the locker room, went MIA to visit his Mommy, the team still stank but won just enough to knock them out of a top 5 pick.

Now they have a young star who looks like he can't stay healthy and a ton of money tied up in Hardaway (Not a bad player but overpaid) and Noah who has developed into a cancer because he can't accept he's done.

Now they are going to hire yet another coach and pick again outside of the top 5.

It's funny how the Knicks and Rangers are run differently. The Rangers had a decent run, didn't win it all but thanks to the goalie got to a finals and 3 conference finals in a 5 year perios. They made the playoffs overall 12 out of 13 years. They saw they weren't going anywhere this year, sent a letter to season ticket holders saying to be prepared for major trades and then stock piled draft picks and cap room. There is a plan.

If the Knicks have a plan no one knows just what the hell it is.

100% spot on.

As a Lakers fan, I have seen both extremes in the past 5 or so years. When Dr. Buss was alive, the Lakers were never without a plan which is why they had all of the success they had under his ownership. The difference between Dr. Buss and the Knicks owner is that Dr. Buss was smart enough to know what he didn't know, hired the right people and got out of their way.

Then Short Buss took over, thought he was the smartest guy in the room, actually got rid of some of the people his Dad had hired and his plan basically consisted of: "Free agents will line up to sign with us because we're the Lakers and Hollywood is here".

Now, with Jeanie, Magic and Pelinka, the Lakers have gone a good ways towards cleaning up the mess Short Buss left and actually seem to have a viable plan.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Antoni is currently coaching a potential NBA champion. At one point during his tenure, he actually had the Knicks playing fairly well and winning some games playing his system. Then Melo returned from injury, demanded his iso's, the offense ground to a halt and the team fell apart. In short, he was doing just fine with the limited resources he was given until Melo got him fired by refusing to go along with what was actually working.

Woodson, Rambis and Fisher are decent, but probably better suited as assistants. Hornacek is actually a good coach.

And the point that you continually fail to grasp is...it doesn't matter who the coach is if you don't have players who are good enough to win.

Porzingis and bunch of journeymen/guys barely good enough to be in the league is all the Knicks have right now and if Porzingis has a decent agent, they won't have him much longer either.

D'antoni had them playing well when Linsanity was running wild. The team didn't have much talent and Lin ended up injured which also hurt, but another example of Dolan siding with the wrong guy. He chose Melo over D'antoni.