• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knee Injury Trend with tall athletic PGs?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else notice this trend? These uberathletic combo guards have been all the rage, but it seems like all these players are prone to knee injuries. Here is the list of players I am referring to, if I leave anyone out add them to the list.

Gilbert Arenas (MCL)
Derrick Rose (Left ACL and right knee meniscus)
Russell Westbrook (Recurruing Right Knee Injuries)
Rajon Rondo (ACL)
Iman Shumpert (ACL)
Dwayne Wade (Jump Shooters Knee)

I think these uberathletic combo guards put a lot more stress on their knees than most other players. They are 6'3 or 6'4 and playing above the rim constantly while cutting and penetrating quicker than anyone else. This puts a lot of stress on their knees and these injuries greatly diminish their value. I think this trend in injuries to the uberathletic combo guards should be addressed by the GMs during drafts. These players are definitely superstars, but they dont help their teams out when they are injured. This means either the coaches should limit the agressiveness of these players, or GMs should start to avoid these types of players in the draft.

I also know other positions get injured in different ways, but the knee injuries for these types of players could be devistating to their careers.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more of a case of knee injuries to explosive or slashing type guards. The chance for contact or landing wrong is greatly increased when you are constantly exploding to the hoop. Jump shooters tend to have more ankle/foot injuries.