• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kizer draft stock

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say Kizer leaves(my guess is he is as good as gone). I've heard some NFL pundits saying he still has stuff to work on(no shit) and wouldn't be a top 5 lock. With the Browns, Bears, and 49ers being the bottom teams in the league at this point and potentially a lock for a top 3-5 pick, what are the odds Kizer goes to one of these teams?

IMO the QB class this year is pretty weak. But there are always some that rise up after pro-days and the combine. I still see Kizer as the top QB in this class and can see him landing in Cleveland(although they have many other problems) but moreso SF if they don't retain Kap.

Thoughts?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say Kizer leaves(my guess is he is as good as gone). I've heard some NFL pundits saying he still has stuff to work on(no shit) and wouldn't be a top 5 lock. With the Browns, Bears, and 49ers being the bottom teams in the league at this point and potentially a lock for a top 3-5 pick, what are the odds Kizer goes to one of these teams?

IMO the QB class this year is pretty weak. But there are always some that rise up after pro-days and the combine. I still see Kizer as the top QB in this class and can see him landing in Cleveland(although they have many other problems) but moreso SF if they don't retain Kaep.

Thoughts?

Kaep has a player option for next year and I think it's for more money than anyone will want to pay him, it was part of his restructuring so he could easily be back but they have a lot of cap space so if they like Kizer and think he's the guy Keap won't hinder drafting him if anything they'd let Kaep get hammered by opposing defenses for one more year.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't see the Kizer NFL hype just yet. He hangs on to the ball way too long, makes some bad decisions and is pretty careless. I could see him staying for another season.

His size and athletic ability is a huge plus though. Kind of similar to Prescott.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys see Notre Dame actually recommended Kizer to get ready for the NFL... that's just sad

Honestly I think he should stay another year! Dude doesn't seem quite ready for the big leagues yet. Sadly with Zaire transferring (most likely) we will need another backup QB (just in case Wimbush gets injured) unless we already have one.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ian Book or the incoming freshman would be the likeliest candidate.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kizer started out hot, but declined significantly. He lost a lot of confidence. Stopped stepping into throws, made late, poor decisions, etc.

That said, another year with Kelly and those regressions will continue. He'd almost be better off taking a hit on the draft and getting mentored as an heir apparent rather than suffer more with Kelly.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kizer gets a late 1st round projection, he has to go. (And he gets to go to a good team)

He'd be competing with Josh Rosen and Lamar Jackson in the 2018 draft.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kizer gets a late 1st round projection, he has to go. (And he gets to go to a good team)

I think he'd be a better pro prospect than Jackson. Maybe even Rosen, but that's a closer call IMO.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'd be a better pro prospect than Jackson. Maybe even Rosen, but that's a closer call IMO.

I think the NFL owners are going to go crazy for Jackson and demand him.

I think Rosen would go #1 in the 2017 draft if he could.

I forgot about Sam Darnold, but he'd just be a RS Soph next season and less likely to declare in 2018.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO the QB class this year is pretty weak. But there are always some that rise up after pro-days and the combine. I still see Kizer as the top QB in this class and can see him landing in Cleveland(although they have many other problems) but moreso SF if they don't retain Kap.

Thoughts?
I think its a Lock that either Browns, 49ers, Bears, and Jets would take him in the 1st rd. Now lets say for some reason they dont the 2nd tier teams that need a QB in the future might take him in the 1st rd like the Saints , Cards and chargers. Im 100% sure he gets drafted in the 1st rd. I also think he is going to wow scouts on his show cases and Combine work outs.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL owners are going to go crazy for Jackson and demand him.

I think Rosen would go #1 in the 2017 draft if he could.

I forgot about Sam Darnold, but he'd just be a RS Soph next season and less likely to declare in 2018.
IMO Jackson won't be a successful NFL qb. I just don't think he has the accuracy for it. And he takes off to run waaaaay too often. That shit won't last in the NFL. That being said, I agree with you that some GMs will salivate at the chance to adds his athletic ability. I hope it's the Bears. ;)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Jackson won't be a successful NFL qb. I just don't think he has the accuracy for it. And he takes off to run waaaaay too often. That shit won't last in the NFL. That being said, I agree with you that some GMs will salivate at the chance to adds his athletic ability. I hope it's the Bears. ;)
Yeah some Dumb GM might think he is the next M. Vick. I agree with Micro I dont think he will do well in the NFL. This years QB class got weak during the year. Some are saying Watson might be a 2nd rd pick now and same for Kaaya. Its crazy how this year went. bad years from ND and MSU. Disappointed year for Tenn.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol! Not an NFL QB

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure coming back helps him at all. The issues that were there this season only got worse. I cannot see this defense improving to the point where they can be relied upon to make a big stop. Not sure that OL will be any better and Hunter won't be back. If there is a chance, and there certainly is, he can go in the first or early second he is gone. They know he has the "tools", but needs to get NFL ready.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure coming back helps him at all. The issues that were there this season only got worse. I cannot see this defense improving to the point where they can be relied upon to make a big stop. Not sure that OL will be any better and Hunter won't be back. If there is a chance, and there certainly is, he can go in the first or early second he is gone. They know he has the "tools", but needs to get NFL ready.
I agree the D is at least 2 years away from being avg to good. Kelly has dropped the ball on the defensive side of the ball. 1st he needs to bring in a Big time DC, 2nd he needs this class to be Big on the Defensive side, 3rd these Freshmen need to step up next year as Soph.

Kizer has to go. He will 100% get drafted in the 1st rd especially after combine. He will impressive scouts.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kizer but think he should go. This team needs a new face of the program going forward.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC towards the end of Round 1 would be an appropriate landing spot for Kizer. I was going to say maybe SD or NO, but they extended their franchise QB's over the summer for a few more years. Jets, Skins, Bears, Cardinals, and maybe the Steelers could also work.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kizer but think he should go. This team needs a new face of the program going forward.
Wimbush. Im ok with starting over(I have stated it should of happen already) but if he does stay its not a bad thing. Win/Win situation

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC towards the end of Round 1 would be an appropriate landing spot for Kizer. I was going to say maybe SD or NO, but they extended their franchise QB's over the summer for a few more years. Jets, Skins, Bears, Cardinals, and maybe the Steelers could also work.
How many more good years does Brees have?

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees never gets hit. I say he has another 3 good years. I believe the dude can play at a high level till 40