• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Herbstreit: These 8 Teams Will Contend For The Playoffs

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dingdingding:

Just the way it is. Even though the CFP committee is made up of some folks representing "lesser names", the NAME still carries a lot of weight. Hell, the CFP chair is from one of the lesser names but no way a school like Texas Tech gets the benefit of the doubt over a Texas or Oklahoma. Same in every conference. The "lesser names"...even if they are P5s... have to remove all "benefit of the doubt" if the big names have similar records, SOS, etc.

True to a degree, but it's more about being proven than it is "lesser names". Teams that have a history of doing better will be given the benefit of the doubt, but a few years of constant success can quickly change that around.

Texas has been down for years and let's say TCU or Baylor had kept up their success. Then I think it would be Texas in that situation that would have to remove all benefit of the doubt. But since usually, Texas is going to be better than these teams, they will usually get the benefit of the doubt.

But in general, you are correct, because the bigger names are more consistent and get better players in general etc. It all goes together.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU will surprise a bunch of folks this year.

You fuckers just don't know.....

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
years of constant success can quickly change that around.
If that "quickly" or even slowly can be sustained over time, I agree totally. I just can't see very many of the "lesser names" being able to sustain such over time. Even if the big names drop for a while like several of them have of late. I don't consider an Oregon, Wisconsin, Michigan State as "big names" and they've come about as close as any of the non biggies lately...sans Clemson. If Clemson keeps it up for a few more years then they may have "arrived". There are only a handful of teams in each conference that can sustain or come back to a consistently high level on a regular basis. JMHO.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU will surprise a bunch of folks this year.

You fuckers just don't know.....
B4ixRCo.gif

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before Michigan fans cried that Michigan is not on the list and blames it on him being a Buckeye.
I know he definitely fucked over MSU and their MAC level line. I mean they beat ND last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't think that Michigan would be given the benefit of the doubt over a lesser name you are crazy. They got a BCS bowl game as the second lowest ranked team to get an at-large bid in the history of the BCS.
I don't doubt that, but if the B1G champ has an equal or better record that even just 1 other P5 conference champ, the B1G champ is getting in.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this kids name, Dick Trickle or something like that. Good luck, we have had some success with FSU castoffs.

This is Will Grier. He seems like he has all the tools to compete. Christ with him at the helm floridas offense looked efficient.

But he hasn't been cleared yet to play by the NC2A so Gog willing that happens soon.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 teams that could ride favorable schedules to the 2017 College Football Playoff | FOX Sports

1. Washington Huskies
Last season, Washington rode an easy-breezy schedule into the College Football Playoff – and Chris Petersen’s club could do the same in 2017. The Huskies’ out-of-conference schedule is again soft, with matchups against Rutgers, Montana and Fresno State (although it’s hard to blame Petersen – most of those games were scheduled before he got there) and the Pac-12 schedule is about as manageable as it gets.

The Huskies won’t play fellow conference heavyweight USC in the regular season, and get this: The Huskies play four of their final five games at home, and leave Seattle only once after Oct. 14.

If you thought the chatter about Washington’s schedule was annoying last year, it will be nothing short of obnoxious in 2017. The Huskies again have a schedule built for a College Football Playoff run. And it will be fascinating to see if the Huskies can get back there.

chris-petersen-washington-huskies-contract-extension-salary.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except
Michigan has just as good a shot as this fucking LSU pick he did.

So does Oklahoma, Stanford, Oklahoma State, and about another dozen teams better than LSU.

Herbstreit puts out a weak list. Little thought.

Well, you can't just fart chalk all the live-long day. Gotta have at least one or two wildcards in there to get people cussin' & discussin'