• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing a deal might be imminent for him with the 49ers. I'm not sold on the guy and if the price is their first round pick I hope they pass.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm hearing a deal might be imminent for him with the 49ers. I'm not sold on the guy and if the price is their first round pick I hope they pass.

Agree, we hold all the leverage and should get a 'steal' really. Granted, it does depend on your opinion of Cousins?

IMO he is a good QB under Shanahan.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it is the same report I read, that one has since been disputed. According to several reports I've read, the 49ers hold the leverage. It has been reported Cousins would only sign a long term deal with SF and not any other team, so no team is going to give up high draft picks just to see him walk at the end of the year. The 49ers can also just wait, and Cousins can just walk next year and all Washington would get is a third round comp pick.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, we hold all the leverage and should get a 'steal' really. Granted, it does depend on your opinion of Cousins?

IMO he is a good QB under Shanahan.
He's OK in my opinion but any QB is going to struggle with the lack of talent around him on this offense I suppose.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is the same report I read, that one has since been disputed. According to several reports I've read, the 49ers hold the leverage. It has been reported Cousins would only sign a long term deal with SF and not any other team, so no team is going to give up high draft picks just to see him walk at the end of the year. The 49ers can also just wait, and Cousins can just walk next year and all Washington would get is a third round comp pick.
This one was from a blogger in Australia and another reporter out of Denver.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's OK in my opinion but any QB is going to struggle with the lack of talent around him on this offense I suppose.
He would have one of his receivers here. The 49ers are about to sign Pierre Garcon

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have one of his receivers here. The 49ers are about to sign Pierre Garcon
He is far past his prime in my opinion. He'll be another Torrey Smith.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 30 years old. Someone said he had 1,000 yard season last year. I am on the fence. As long as it isn't a long term commitment.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 30 years old. Someone said he had 1,000 yard season last year. I am on the fence. As long as it isn't a long term commitment.
I see that he did have 1,000 yds and 79 catches last season.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that he did have 1,000 yds and 79 catches last season.

Lynch and Shanahan may figure that they can't turn everything around in one year and can't get all the guys they need even to make 2017 respectable by just signing or drafting young guys, so maybe they're thinking that judicious signing of vets like Garcon can help bridge from the putrid recent past to the hopefully playoff-bound future. And having said that, since they've apparently released Marcus Martin, I wonder if someone like a Mangold might be someone they'll go after. I guess it depends on how they feel about Kilgore.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch and Shanahan may figure that they can't turn everything around in one year and can't get all the guys they need even to make 2017 respectable by just signing or drafting young guys, so maybe they're thinking that judicious signing of vets like Garcon can help bridge from the putrid recent past to the hopefully playoff-bound future. And having said that, since they've apparently released Marcus Martin, I wonder if someone like a Mangold might be someone they'll go after. I guess it depends on how they feel about Kilgore.
Marcus Martin was awful. Glad they saw that

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I hope that is what they're thinking?!

Yeah, i sort of see Garcon as a bridge for the WR corps.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had high hopes for Marcus Martin. I wonder what happened. Mangold is going to want a whole lot of money and I'm hearing that some teams interested in him are asking him to play Guard but he won't do it.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends on what you expect. If you expect him to produce #1 WR numbers you'll be disappointed. While it's true that his best year since 2013 was this past year, his FA year, that doesn't change the fact that his stats are those of a very good #2 WR:

2014 68 catches, 752yds, 3 TDs, 11.1 ypr
2015 72 catches, 777yds, 6 TDs, 10.8 ypr
2016 79 catches, 1,041yds, 3 TDs, 13.2 ypr

And it's important to note his stats in 2014-15 are about the same as those from his 2nd and 3rd year with Indy (09-10).

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another aspect to Garcon is he is one of the better blocking WR's, and Shanahan's offense is run-oriented to set up the passing game.

I'm still not overly comfortably with Cousins. He's done some good things surrounded by some talented receivers, but when he was truly counted on late in the season, he kinda showed just who he is. I would've liked to have seen him without guys like Garcon, Reed and Jackson just to see how his own talent increases the level of talent around him.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had high hopes for Marcus Martin. I wonder what happened. Mangold is going to want a whole lot of money and I'm hearing that some teams interested in him are asking him to play Guard but he won't do it.

Yeah, who knows why guys don't turn out. From an outsider perspective, he seemed to have the numbers. And Baalke wasn't the only GM who saw potential in the guy. I thought maybe it was scheme, maybe it was coaching. But Kelly's scheme was certainly different from what Tomsula was running. And the OL coach last year (was his name Laughlin?), he certainly had a good rep from his many years with the Giants. Maybe it was simply lack of smarts, maybe he didn't have the right motivation, maybe he just didn't love football. If someone can come up with the key that unlocks how to predict athletic success in football and baseball and basketball, they'll make a lot of money. It's a mystery. To me, anyway.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read on KNBR that Dan Snyder is the guy holding up the potential trade, due to his dislike of the Shanahan(s) and the whole Robert Griffin III/Cousins issues that plagued the franchise. Don't know if it's true, but it sounds believable.