• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirby Smart maybe interviewing for the Ole miss job...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Goodbread says on tidesports that he's trying to find out if there's any truth to it or not, and he hasn't got back yet.

If it's true, I hope he doesn't leave us for Ole miss, that place is a death trap for HC's.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Internet rumor floating around on TD-Rant that OM may get the Arkansas State coach. I doubt Smart would go there he would have to play Alabama every year and its not exactly a top notch program. He would be better off going somewhere in a smaller confernce where he has a chance to be a big fish in a small pond, turn the program around prove he can win as a head coach then get hired at a big time program in a few years.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are saying the site that info came from was run by a barner, and Goodbread hasn't got back yet, so I'm leaning toward it not being true. Hopefully we'll find out soon either way.

I know we can't keep a good coach like Smart for too long, I just hope he gets a good coaching job where he can be successful, and I hope we replace him with a very capable guy. Being the defensive coordinator for the Crimson Tide is a top of the line job, not just anyone should get the privilege.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love Kirby Smart as our DC, but I sometimes question how good of a HC he would be. Sometimes I wonder if he has the disciplinary fortitude that is required in a HC. His enthusiasm on the side line is refreshing, but could you imagine him doing that as a HC? Of course if he went to Ole Miss he wouldn't get a chance to act so jubilant very often. I just don't know about that move for him. If he continues to field the defensive machines that he has been while with us then he will be making more than most of the HCs in the country. Look for him to get offered a huge pay raise after this year.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he makes a good coach, but as stated above he needs to start small. Get his HC skills honed & then after 3-4 years of success he could step into a big money school/contract. Wish him the best whatever happens. Now, Coach McElwain, what to do with him???

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to kinda update this a bit, Saban said that no one has contacted them asking for permission to talk to our coaches, so it probably isn't true.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'd like kirby to take over alabama after saban is done and retired.. (he is 60)

A man can always dream right?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Kirby Smart as our DC, but I sometimes question how good of a HC he would be. Sometimes I wonder if he has the disciplinary fortitude that is required in a HC. His enthusiasm on the side line is refreshing, but could you imagine him doing that as a HC? Of course if he went to Ole Miss he wouldn't get a chance to act so jubilant very often. I just don't know about that move for him. If he continues to field the defensive machines that he has been while with us then he will be making more than most of the HCs in the country. Look for him to get offered a huge pay raise after this year.

The Mushchamp factor....

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can i nominate McElwain

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Chase Goodbread has confirmed that this was a load of crap. So we ain't gotta worry about that for a little bit longer.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be gone after this year! No way we can keep a good assistant coach like him for long before he starts getting looked at to be a head coach somewhere...

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I'd like kirby to take over alabama after saban is done and retired.. (he is 60)

A man can always dream right?

So is Sting. (that was for Ghost/Regatta. You're welcome, sir)

Now about Smart, I don't wish for him to leave. I def agree w/Metal that he gets a pretty raise in pay. $$$ He has been stacking our D, and I LOVE the intensity and discipline.

*Sidenote: I really look forward to next season already bc I'm just getting the green light from my daughter that she will likely be getting the best scholly for her doctorate in Law. SOOO excited. She wants me to relocate and co-exist with her... just like "old times"! (before she left after HS!) Mother/Daughter team to hit T-Town! I'm holding on about making an official announcement over at the Cooler, but you saw it here first. I am ONE PROUD MOM! Imagine,... to me, it's like one of your sons committing to play football at the beloved 'Bama, and you moving there, being right on the pulse of everything! Well, she isn't a jock, but I couldn't be more proud, as she is ONE "SMART" COOKIE. She will be graduating in the spring with a GPA boardering 3.7. :clap2: :thumb: , and a duel. (Clynical psych & Forensic science) She is choosing to get her doctorate in Law, and the University of Alabama has a great program for that choice. She is only applying to University of Oklahoma and University of Oklahoma City, but is leaning hard to Bama, therefore, unlikely to "decommit". Also, her name is in my sig, so it's kinda destiny - ;) So, looks like I'm gonna be really busy. I will be her source of morale among many other things, as she and the bf had a long discussion over the wknd, and he is pushing/supporting this move also. (he know how close we are, and she and I have friends/fam who are alums). It is set that he will be attending Purdue, as he aspires to be an English Prof. Clearly, I'm extremely proud of them both. They have been inseperable and been through a ton of stuff throughout this journey, and for them to make this decision for the sake of their careers -- amazing. This ought to be interesting.

Hold the fort down, aight? Aight! :D

RTR!!!