• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiper's first mock

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Kiper kept mocking us Brady Quinn and saying we should take him over Calvin Johnson. Never really listed to him after that.

VulturesRule

Enhanced Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Kiper kept mocking us Brady Quinn and saying we should take him over Calvin Johnson. Never really listed to him after that.
Lucky for Detroit, old what's-his-name decided to go for his third WR in the first round. He was bound to get it right eventually.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more interesting part of that link is that TJ Lang made the pro bowl. How the hell did that happen?

Anywho, Hubbard is not a bad pick, but not my first choice. We need lots of front 7 though so I dont care how they fill it. I think I prefer either Vita Vea or Daron Payne.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky for Detroit, old what's-his-name decided to go for his third WR in the first round. He was bound to get it right eventually.

I've kinda blocked off those memories to save me some pain, much like victims of some other terrible traumas inflicted by those who were supposed to be looking out for them. But wasn't #3 "See you in Canton" BMW Mike Williams...?

VulturesRule

Enhanced Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've kinda blocked off those memories to save me some pain, much like victims of some other terrible traumas inflicted by those who were supposed to be looking out for them. But wasn't #3 "See you in Canton" BMW Mike Williams...?

I won't ask my friend, Google. I won't ask my friend, Google. I wo........

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't ask my friend, Google. I won't ask my friend, Google. I wo........

Charles Rogers 2003, Roy Williams 2004, then BMW 2005. Calvin Johnson, the one he finally got right, was 2007.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper's 2nd mock is out, and the pick has changed....

(I don't care much about Kiper either, but might as well track him at this point)

....With Hubbard still on the board, the Lions now select... Derrius Guice, RB, LSU.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper's 2nd mock is out, and the pick has changed....

(I don't care much about Kiper either, but might as well track him at this point)

....With Hubbard still on the board, the Lions now select... Derrius Guice, RB, LSU.

Kiper is an idiot. I would be shocked if we took a RB in round 1 considering all the pieces we will need for this new defense and how deep the RB draft is. Just like last year, the second best back in the draft will be available after the first round.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper is an idiot. I would be shocked if we took a RB in round 1 considering all the pieces we will need for this new defense and how deep the RB draft is. Just like last year, the second best back in the draft will be available after the first round.

I think he is just going OBVIOUS need pick here. We have to go all defense. No bullshitting around.

I think I did read a study that defensive coaches generally select offensive players their with their first pick on a new team and offensive coaches generally select a defensive player with their first selection.