• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiper's and McShay's 1st Round Mock 2.0

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McShay completely bungling the Steelers pick, but that's not a shock. Unless Haden is somehow released, no reason to take a corner ahead of a safety or any sort of linebacker.

Interesting that both have the top 3 ILBs off the board at 28. '17 draft had 2 go in the 1st rd....'16 had 1 (Darren Lee is a 43OLB 34 ILB)...'15 had 1.

Every draft is different but they are bucking the trend sending 3 ILBs out in the 1st.

The Steelers are not going to shed Haden this season but he needs a solid season to keep the CB1 designation and. If they landed a Tre Boston in FA...I would expect them to dbl down on LB...perhaps one OLB.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that both have the top 3 ILBs off the board at 28. '17 draft had 2 go in the 1st rd....'16 had 1 (Darren Lee is a 43OLB 34 ILB)...'15 had 1.

Every draft is different but they are bucking the trend sending 3 ILBs out in the 1st.

The Steelers are not going to shed Haden this season but he needs a solid season to keep the CB1 designation and. If they landed a Tre Boston in FA...I would expect them to dbl down on LB...perhaps one OLB.
They need to work on Haden's existing contract....He didn't grade out anywhere near to what he is making....Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers go ALL defense in this draft.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to work on Haden's existing contract....He didn't grade out anywhere near to what he is making....Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers go ALL defense in this draft.....

Yep...he didn't play badly, but I think even he knows he needs to step it up another notch to be on the roster next yr with a heavy cap hit.

This season...I'm not sure what they will do with his cap hit. I think they have already restructured Tuitt and DeCastro...I see them cutting at least 3 of these 4 players...Wilcox, Mitchell, Sensabaugh, Gay.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...he didn't play badly, but I think even he knows he needs to step it up another notch to be on the roster next yr with a heavy cap hit.

This season...I'm not sure what they will do with his cap hit. I think they have already restructured Tuitt and DeCastro...I see them cutting at least 3 of these 4 players...Wilcox, Mitchell, Sensabaugh, Gay.
Wilcox is the only one of the four I'd keep.....I've seen enough of Mitchell, he can't cover Rock running a post pattern while high and I appreciate what Gay has done, but his time is up.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Haden was brutally overrated.....Never got the love for him, always seemed to be on the wrong end of big plays with the Browns

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox is the only one of the four I'd keep.....I've seen enough of Mitchell, he can't cover Rock running a post pattern while high and I appreciate what Gay has done, but his time is up.....

With roughly $6.5 mil open to buy (according to OTC.com) I think they are going to need all of Mitchell's $5 mil. Wilcox would save $3 mil...whereas Golden is half the cost...so if they keep Wilcox, Golden (only saves $1.4 mil) has to go.

Can they afford McDonald's $4.3 mil cap hit?

Kahn is a baaaaddd man on the books, but if this Bell deal is going to be bloody if they can pull it off.

I can see another RB coming out of this draft, but with only 5 slots, now 6 with the 7th rd comp pick for Cockrell...every pick might go to DEF.

Aside from the obvious...FS and ILB, OLB, DL depth I think have to be addressed in this draft. When a Rooney speaks on personnel issues and Art II has (DL)...Colbert normally responds.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper's mock as usual, is shit. Zero chance the Cards take a WR at 15. QB & OL are the most likely targets.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Haden was brutally overrated.....Never got the love for him, always seemed to be on the wrong end of big plays with the Browns

I think Haden was probably a top 12-15 type CB for most of his non injured time in CLE. The problem has been staying on the field. His cap hit this season does make him look brutally overrated though.

There has been some discussion about CB @ 28 and moving on from Joe in the Steeler folder...too much youth back there to do it imo. He'll likely get this season to recoup true CB1 standing, but I'd like to see him playing on a lower cap number.

If PIT can land a proven FS in FA, I think we'll see CB play improve.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With roughly $6.5 mil open to buy (according to OTC.com) I think they are going to need all of Mitchell's $5 mil. Wilcox would save $3 mil...whereas Golden is half the cost...so if they keep Wilcox, Golden (only saves $1.4 mil) has to go.

Can they afford McDonald's $4.3 mil cap hit?

Kahn is a baaaaddd man on the books, but if this Bell deal is going to be bloody if they can pull it off.

I can see another RB coming out of this draft, but with only 5 slots, now 6 with the 7th rd comp pick for Cockrell...every pick might go to DEF.

Aside from the obvious...FS and ILB, OLB, DL depth I think have to be addressed in this draft. When a Rooney speaks on personnel issues and Art II has (DL)...Colbert normally responds.
From what I've read, McDonald will be back.....Big roll of the dice after a very subpar year at best....The guy gets injured shaving....Once the Bell nightmare is settled, we'll have a better idea which direction they go in the draft if a RB is needed....Connor getting hurt was brutal.....

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do they think Cousins signs of they have Denver, Cleveland and the Jets all drafting a QB? Cards? Bills? Other?

Cousins use the Browns for leverage in a contract elsewhere. They can talk up the Browns new front office people all they want, but players need to see results to fully commit there and it not because they will be overpaid.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins use the Browns for leverage in a contract elsewhere. They can talk up the Browns new front office people all they want, but players need to see results to fully commit there and it not because they will be overpaid.

Some buzz now that Miami is trying to find creative ways to sign Cousins

Landry to Carolina rumors seem legit

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos take a USC QB in the first, I'm gonna jump off a building and kill myself. No one should be stupid enough to buy into USC QBs ever again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, McDonald will be back.....Big roll of the dice after a very subpar year at best....The guy gets injured shaving....Once the Bell nightmare is settled, we'll have a better idea which direction they go in the draft if a RB is needed....Connor getting hurt was brutal.....

McD...yeah I've heard that too. Solid player when he's on the field, but like you said...shaving could land this guy on IR.

Even if Bell is back, they would need to do something with RB...Fitz Toussaint is just a body, Ridley I liked, but he probably won't be back, and of course Connor's 2nd major leg injury in 2 seasons...fortunately this was an MCL and he should come back okay, but there's no legit RB3 as of now. James Summers is on the PS...we'll see how it sorts out.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the full articles attached as .pdf

Attachments

• ESPN.com - 2018 Kiper NFL Mock Draft 2.pdf
    501.4 KB · Views: 1
  • ESPN.com - Todd McShay's 2018 NFL Mock Draft 2.pdf
    492 KB · Views: 1

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Kiper's Big Board and position rankings

Attachments

• Kiper's Big Board.pdf
    400.6 KB · Views: 3

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper is an idiot. Not one Center drafted in the top 75 last year and, again, for yet another year no Centers going in round 1. How can that be... Everyone knows Centers are soooooo important.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward doesn't fit what they are looking for in CB so this one is a bit questionable
I'd rather grab a DB who is proven in the NFL rather than a DB who played in a notoriously weak passing conference like the Big 10. Ward seems to be highly thought of though. Will be interesting to see where we stand as far as free agency by draft day.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcshay seems more accurate

Kiper seems to wanna go out on a limb with a lotta his picks, and look like a genius