• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets/Celtics trade a couple years ago that better the Celts all those picks is probably the worst NBA trade of the last 20 years.

Funny thing about the awful trade is that the Nets really thought they could win/compete for a title with Pierce and KG past their prime. Brooklyn would be in such a better position had they not made that stupid move.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the new avatar!

Really funny.

I feel your pain. The Wizards have done much better recently, but they 90s and 00s were quite tough on Washington fans. Perhaps the crown jewel highlighting the stupidity of that era for the Wizards was the deal that ignited the Kings run as a contender. They dealt Webber for an aging Mitch Richmond because CWebb and Howard were not seeing eye to eye.

Brilliant.
I'm obviously happy the Wizards were stupid enough to make that trade, but it's shit to see a great player sent off for less than what he's worth. The Wizards are one of the teams I enjoy watching these days, Wall is great on both sides of the ball and Beal has really taken off this year. I'm rooting for them to face the Cavs in the ECF.

I found this avatar online a year or two ago and somehow knew the team would do something stupid enough for me to find a good use for it. They didn't let me down there.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that outside of that brief period in the early 00s, this is pretty much standard operating procedure for the Kings. This franchise has always been a mess. NBA should have let the Seattle group buy it and rebrand it as the Sonics

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that outside of that brief period in the early 00s, this is pretty much standard operating procedure for the Kings. This franchise has always been a mess. NBA should have let the Seattle group buy it and rebrand it as the Sonics

It does seem wrong that Sacramento has a team but Seattle doesn't.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team can with with shitty ownership

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Gasol was part of that trade. In retrospect, it is arguable who won that trade. (at the time it looked bad)

I doubt if Cousins trade looks good ever. (unless they get lucky and hit 2 HRs with the picks -- but I haven't been impressed with their drafting -- including Skip L last year)

The Cousins trade could look better if he continues to be a cancer of a player. He could also leave New Orleans next summer, leaving them just Casspi out of this trade.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loathe interfering owners. Hire great basketball minds for your front office and trust in them.

Sadly, too many owners think that being a fan is the same as being a general manager.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, too many owners think that being a fan is the same as being a general manager.

Definitely. The best owners are the one's who are smart enough to know how much they don't know. Part of the reason Dr. Buss was so beloved by Lakers fans (and why Jim is hated) is because Dr. Buss hired the best people he could find, stayed out of their way and only stepped in as a "closer" when it was needed to get a deal done.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loathe interfering owners. Hire great basketball minds for your front office and trust in them.

The trouble is, those same owners who interfere too much often have no idea which basketball minds they should actually trust.

See Vlade Divac as exhibit A, and Isaiah Thomas as exhibit B.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KANGZ!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem they are trying to tank so they can move the team. Havent they been trying to do that for years now.
They haven't had much support in Sacramento... Of course they usually play like crap.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trouble is, those same owners who interfere too much often have no idea which basketball minds they should actually trust.

See Vlade Divac as exhibit A, and Isaiah Thomas as exhibit B.

While I agree generally, it is also hard to know how much Divac is really involved in some of these deals.

If the ownership tells the GM "Do whatever you can to win now, I don't care the cost" that's a pretty clear mandate. And when the owner picks the players to keep and not keep that becomes even more of a problem.

I don't think there is s sport where this is a bigger problem than basketball. The small rosters and the top heavy skill needs to succeed in the NBA, make amateurs think they know what they are doing very quickly.