• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kings vs Canadians

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I follow, most top lines have a guy that "keeps plays alive", I think you need a good balance on each line. You cant have all you best guys on 1 line,good players still need support...its hard to find the correct support that works for the players involved

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess on top lines I'm used to seeing somebody, somebody and a who is that

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but keep in mind "serviceable" and "keeping plays alive" led to 2 Stanley Cups in a 3 year span with a WCF trip in between.

A top line - or any line of nothing but snipers, checkers, whatever - is never successful because teams key in on those players and shut them down when it matters.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the points, but our "top" line consists of 1 top liner that just happens to be hot right now. Kopitar is a clear 1st liner on any team but after that we have Brown, who everyone was begging the Knights to draft prior to the entry draft, and Iaffalo who is a rookie that no one had ever heard of before. All I'm saying is I am not sold yet.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has generated a lot of quality shots and opportunities, I am waiting to see that first NHL goal. Hope it isn't a let down, like Frolov's was (pretty much a tap in against the NY Rangers). Would be anticlimactic considering he (to me) generates a lot of exciting opportunities.

=)~~

I'm not sold on Brown more than Iafallo, he gave us 5 years of fucking the dog so one hot month isn't going to sell me back on him. He is shooting at an absurd 15.6%, the highest of his NHL career.

Regardless of his start, I still would rather have him and his contract in Vegas than LA because his play the last half decade simply has not warranted that kind of money as we all have pretty much agreed to. Unfortunately as we know, NHL contracts cannot be restructured once signed.

Iafallo, he comes in with a clean slate so I have no preconceived notions about him. To me he is playing an important role on that line that is resulting in Brown and Kopitar capitalizing and thus helping the team. As long as it keeps working I think he deserves to be there until it's proven otherwise. How many times did we see D-Wight King on that top line and not do shit? Way too much.

The Kings are happy playing again, and you can even feel it as a fan, but eventually this stage wears off. They cannot sustain this type of vibe through an 82 game season. There will be times when the wheels fall off, and I want to see how they react then.

Good opportunity right off the bat after a loss tonight in Ottawa.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, no let up on Brown...but lets argue Brown is playing well because of Iafallo..... that then makes Iafallo pretty damn good! King sucked balls on the top line, sure Iafallo might not be all that but he does what the rest of the line currently needs....that will probably change and hopefully he can change with those needs. in reality Iafallo's play thus far has allowed that 70's line to not do anything and still get W's

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was away to get rid of a contract, I'd say Gaborik instead of Brown. I'm not sold on Brown's good start either, but he is at least an NHL player. I realize his cap hit is more than Gaborik, plus an extra year. But based on what we've seen from Gaborik the last couple years, doubtful he is "serviceable" anymore.

Maybe they hold onto Gaborik's contract for until end of 2019 season. Then it will cost the Kings a bit less (in terms of draft pick(s)) to get rid of it. I'd say they have to get rid of Gaborik's contract by then in order to give that $$$ to Doughty.

Sure hope Brown maintains a decent level of production. Would be a big plus for Kings if he does.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with either one going to be honest with you, but in Gaborik's defense he put up 27 goals barely 2.5 years ago. We haven't see Brown sniff close to 20 for 5 years, not to mention more dollars and term would be leaving with his contract vs. Gaborik's.

Don't get me wrong, I was not a fan of the 7 year idiot contract Dumbo gave him just as I wasn't happy with the 8 year deal Brown got but with the offense opened up I think he deserves a shot to see what the Kings have when he returns from IR. If guys like Kopitar and Brown are picking it up in the new system, a guy like Gaborik should too considering he is a natural goal scorer where as neither of those two are.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was always the concern with Gabs anyways, he is always a sandy vagina away from time off. I forgot he was still on the team