• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings sign Kovalchuk

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it a lot for this year. But pretty much guarantees another player with significant salary has to go next summer (in order to sign Doughty).

Read that a lot of the big jump in salary cap this year was due to Vegas helping to increase overall Revenue. Should go up again in 2019, but probably not enough to fit a $11 M or $12 M Doughty without getting rid someone with $4 - $5 + M salary.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn good player, but that 2010 free agency charade rubbed me the wrong way about him. They were in on him, then out, then in on him, he visited us, took forever to make a decision, then He signed the deal with NJ that circumvented the salary cap and eventually agreed to a revised deal that the NHL for some stupid reason approved though it was not much different.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Los Angleles for saving Don Sweeney from himself.

Signed,

Every Bruins fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Los Angleles for saving Don Sweeney from himself.

Signed,

Every Bruins fan

Now you guys get to go with your self-stated Plan B. Rick Nash (Dick Rash). Congrats on that one.

Or maybe even your Plan C: Stay the course and get mopped up by Tampa Bay, Pitt, or Washington.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you guys get to go with your self-stated Plan B. Rick Nash (Dick Rash). Congrats on that one.

Or maybe even your Plan C: Stay the course and get mopped up by Tampa Bay, Pitt, or Washington.

Nash is not likely to return, however Tavares will visit Boston this week, so.................... not that I'm interested in blowing up the cap for him.............................. unless Sweeney can move Marshand.

Anyways, good luck with your geriatric Russian.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't 40 year old Chara your captain?

=)~~

No Show Nash was his usual self in the POs, I think Sweeney got hosed on that deal and after his terrible PO showing I am not sure why Sweeney would consider him again but the market is pretty thin unless your name is Tavares and guys like Neal (wants 6 years/$36 million, Vegas offered 5 years/$25 mililon and he rejected it) are out of the budget.

I read Nash wasn't in Boston's plans last week but then after the Kovalchuk signing read he was but he is looking for a multiyear deal and potentially headed back to Columbus. Another affordable option would be Perron but he is streaky and injury prone, not to mention he has bounced around a ton and is probably looking for a long term/big dollar deal too.

Bruins always seem to have some kid that makes a splash (Krug, McAvoy, Krug, etc.), nothing in the pipeline to bring up for a winger?

I also think the geriatric Russian will be a solid player for LA, that extra third year was needed to get him here and I'm sure you know the Kings are devoid of offense - just the cost of business of getting things done.